2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

which was stupid and shown on the field. That 22m should have been used on the defense. Gruden was desperate to fix the OL and overpaid Trent Brown 2 years ago, he also wanted insurance for Kolton Miller. At the time, Miller was far from a sure thing, and Brown had experience as LT. 

thats fair, but its a new NFL and defenses often put their best pass rusher over your weakest tackle. We were exposed with Sam Young at RT to the point it effected us in both the run and pass game. id definitely use a 1st on a RT. 

We also seen what TB did to KC with their backup RT. 

20 minutes ago, Geezy said:

thats fair, but its a new NFL and defenses often put their best pass rusher over your weakest tackle. We were exposed with Sam Young at RT to the point it effected us in both the run and pass game. id definitely use a 1st on a RT. 

KC legit left him out there to die.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

I'm not saying to play a scrub like Sam Young, but you can find a good RT on day2. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm not saying to play a scrub like Sam Young, but you can find a good RT on day2. 

I doubt a day 1 starter would be there in the second round. I would rather have my pick from the depth in round one, then leverage the depth at safety in round 2. The only two players that would give me pause would be Gregory Rousseau or Kwity Paye.

Clearly Free agency plays a big part in where we will go in the 1st and why I rarely comment on the draft until FA is over but I'm bored lol.  Our Biggest needs are 3T, Edge, Safety and CB.  

As many of you have pointed out on here it appears that Barmore is a good prospect but is quite raw and I am not sure that he would post great value in the first considering there may be a prospect like Nixon available in the 2nd. I also would not be opposed to Barmore in the 1st as we have needed a stud 3T for 20 years.  The potential is there....

I like Javon Holland at safety but am not sure about his value in the mid 1st considering how deep of a Safety class this is or how we could land a young safety in FA like Marcus Williams which would negate the need to draft one.  

CB is an intriguing option if one of the big 3 fall to us.  I would not be opposed to Farley, Surtain or Horn if the slip and check out during the pre draft process.  I don't think anyone on here would be opposed to the pick if one of them turns out to be a lock down eilte #1.  I am writing Arnette off as an average #2 at best or nickel back based on what I have seen so far.  It appears that Mayock reached and missed on that one.  

Edge rusher I haven't done a ton of research on prospects but the ones who have stood out so far are Osai, Ojuari and Rosseau.  We clearly need to upgrade our pas rush and any of these guys would pose good value if they are indeed studs.  

I would be happy if we come out of FA and the draft with Juju, Marcus Williams, Rankins, Horn and Ossai. That could do wonders for getting this team turned around and clearly there would be other FA acquisitions and draft picks but those would be some quality building blocks.  

I also think we need to get an explosive back to compliment Jacobs.  I would not be opposed to revamping that whole crew with a cheap signing like Mark Ingram and drafting an explosive RB prospect in the 4th and beyond.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

The more I think on it. The more I believe we should just trade out of 17 or trade the pick for a vet. I mean if I'm being honest. I'm not seeing the game changing defensive players that we normally see. I mean the top DT wasn't even a starter on his team. And also I wouldn't be mad at offense in the first if a great player is there I mean I could be way off base and probably am. I just don't see a player on defense I'm really excited about. Not one we could get at 17 anyway.

13 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

The more I think on it. The more I believe we should just trade out of 17 or trade the pick for a vet. I mean if I'm being honest. I'm not seeing the game changing defensive players that we normally see. I mean the top DT wasn't even a starter on his team. And also I wouldn't be mad at offense in the first if a great player is there I mean I could be way off base and probably am. I just don't see a player on defense I'm really excited about. Not one we could get at 17 anyway.

We might be able to get a pro bowl caliber player just by trading away our first round pick, and I'm okay with that.

49 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Spencer Brown looks like the kind of athletic giant Cable would push for. Sounds like he struggled at the Senior Bowl though. Which round do you see him going?

This OT class is great. Should be able to find a starting RT and S. Brown certainly looks the part.

48 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This OT class is great. Should be able to find a starting RT and S. Brown certainly looks the part.

Nothing like a 6'8" OT man.  Kolton Miller and another giant to set the edges.  Our OTs would be set for a decade.  I'm okay with that.  Probably just needs to bulk up like Miller did.  I'm really excited for FA and the draft.  We are going to keep getting better.

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Clearly Free agency plays a big part in where we will go in the 1st and why I rarely comment on the draft until FA is over but I'm bored lol.  Our Biggest needs are 3T, Edge, Safety and CB.  

As many of you have pointed out on here it appears that Barmore is a good prospect but is quite raw and I am not sure that he would post great value in the first considering there may be a prospect like Nixon available in the 2nd. I also would not be opposed to Barmore in the 1st as we have needed a stud 3T for 20 years.  The potential is there....

I like Javon Holland at safety but am not sure about his value in the mid 1st considering how deep of a Safety class this is or how we could land a young safety in FA like Marcus Williams which would negate the need to draft one.  

CB is an intriguing option if one of the big 3 fall to us.  I would not be opposed to Farley, Surtain or Horn if the slip and check out during the pre draft process.  I don't think anyone on here would be opposed to the pick if one of them turns out to be a lock down eilte #1.  I am writing Arnette off as an average #2 at best or nickel back based on what I have seen so far.  It appears that Mayock reached and missed on that one.  

Edge rusher I haven't done a ton of research on prospects but the ones who have stood out so far are Osai, Ojuari and Rosseau.  We clearly need to upgrade our pas rush and any of these guys would pose good value if they are indeed studs.  

I would be happy if we come out of FA and the draft with Juju, Marcus Williams, Horn and Nixon. That could do wonders for getting this team turned around and clearly there would be other FA acquisitions and draft picks but those would be some quality building blocks.  

I also think we need to get an explosive back to compliment Jacobs.  I would not be opposed to revamping that whole crew with a cheap signing like Mark Ingram and drafting an explosive RB prospect in the 4th and beyond.

I really hope we sign 3-4 high impact free agents, and our first two picks make an impact as rookie to go along with what we have been building. Bonus would be 3rd or any other steal. I don't think that is expecting too much.