2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

31 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

"Look at me, I get drunk on Saturdays and watch college football so I'm the only one who can talk about prospects" 

Get over yourself. I do analyze prospects after the season, and read scouting reports. EGO DEATH

I feel personally attacked.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

I may be in the minority, but I feel like RT will be an easier fix than we think. Trent Brown was overpaid, he did nothing to earn that money. 

During our mini successful run with JDR when our OL was considered a top tier unit our starting RT was Austin Howard. And before that during our mini kinda successful run with Hue Jackson when our OL was considered a good unit our starting RT was Khalif Barnes. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

During our mini successful run with JDR when our OL was considered a top tier unit our starting RT was Austin Howard. And before that during our mini kinda successful run with Hue Jackson when our OL was considered a good unit our starting RT was Khalif Barnes. 

Exactly. As someone else stated not long ago (I can't recall who or where), nobody is saying put a Sam Young scrub out there. Just put a decent enough guy. Young arguably doesn't even belong in the NFL. He would've looked bad in the AAF. 

7 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Exactly. As someone else stated not long ago (I can't recall who or where), nobody is saying put a Sam Young scrub out there. Just put a decent enough guy. Young arguably doesn't even belong in the NFL. He would've looked bad in the AAF. 

Daryl Williams would be a nice replacement for Trent Brown in free agency. 

15 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I'm okay with D. Good playing RT.  He played there well enough last season and would come back on a reasonably affordable contract.  I think we are set if Inc comes back at LG and G. Jackson stays at RG.  Just draft some depth at the OG and OT position or sign a FA that is better than Sam Young.

16 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I'm okay with D. Good playing RT.  He played there well enough last season and would come back on a reasonably affordable contract.  I think we are set if Inc comes back at LG and G. Jackson stays at RG.  Just draft some depth at the OG and OT position or sign a FA that is better than Sam Young.

I wouldn't mind Good at all, and maybe even bring back Sharpe back for cheap. Really could cut cost and I personally think Good is a solid option. I also think we can draft a stud RT in rounds 2/3 (it's a great RT class).

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Jerry said:

i thought i read somewhere that Good was ok with playing RT in a pinch, but he wanted to play OG full time. 

5 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i thought i read somewhere that Good was ok with playing RT in a pinch, but he wanted to play OG full time. 

I wouldn't be surprised.  He's good at what he does but would probably prefer to play where he is most comfortable.  Makes sense.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Absolutely!  I don’t know when RT became this position that you “need” an elite talent at.  Paying a RT 14-16M is crazy when you can spend a 3rd rounder and get a instant starter long term.  The majority of the league has pretty average talent at RT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Daryl Williams would be a nice replacement for Trent Brown in free agency. 

I really like Williams but he was very highly overrated for a while.  There was one really good season in 2017 then some injuries and really poor play.  But he’s turned it around.  Idk what caused the poor play.  He was a very talented Dating back To his Oklahoma days.

11 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Absolutely!  I don’t know when RT became this position that you “need” an elite talent at.  Paying a RT 14-16M is crazy when you can spend a 3rd rounder and get a instant starter long term.  The majority of the league has pretty average talent at RT.

Not with the DEs in the AFC West.

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Not with the DEs in the AFC West.

I’ve heard that a long time but it’s rubbish.  Our division is good but it’s not like other divisions don’t have good rushers.

You don’t want a scrub at RT but you don’t need to spend insanely either.  Sam Young probably Would have retired had Gruden not signed him.... and Carr stayed safe all year.

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’ve heard that a long time but it’s rubbish.  Our division is good but it’s not like other divisions don’t have good rushers.

You don’t want a scrub at RT but you don’t need to spend insanely either.  Sam Young probably Would have retired had Gruden not signed him.... and Carr stayed safe all year.

We didn’t hit on a lot more longer developing plays down field because we sucked on the right side, the run game also suffered. We don’t necessarily have to pay top flight talent there, but I’m not gonna spend a mid round pick and call it a day either. Gruden paid Trent for a reason, he wants A1 OL play across the board.