2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

20 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we can get an impact FS in free agency. It should be our #1 priority, followed by IDL.

Edge can definitely be addressed at 17. There are a ton of players at edge who I like.

I think we go after and land one of the top FS.  With that being said you say that we need to upgrade IDL.  I am fairly confident that L. Williams will not hit the FA market so I have been saying we need to look hard at Rankins on a relatively inexpensive 2 year deal.  

What are your thoughts on Rankins and if you don't like him who should we target on the IDL?

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I think we go after and land one of the top FS.  With that being said you say that we need to upgrade IDL.  I am fairly confident that L. Williams will not hit the FA market so I have been saying we need to look hard at Rankins on a relatively inexpensive 2 year deal.  

What are your thoughts on Rankins and if you don't like him who should we target on the IDL?

I like Rankins but I dont love Rankins. It would all come down to the price.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Rankins would be more realistic and cheaper than Leonard Williams. All for it.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Rankins would be more realistic and cheaper than Leonard Williams. All for it.

Me too as he would most likely half be the price and is younger.  The potential is there if he can stay healthy and we can use him properly.  He would be one of my targets if I was Mayock. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Me too as he would most likely half be the price and is younger.  The potential is there if he can stay healthy and we can use him properly.  He would be one of my targets if I was Mayock. 

To be honest I would rather have Dalvin Tomlinson because he can rush from the nose position which is a rarer quality

21 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

To be honest I would rather have Dalvin Tomlinson because he can rush from the nose position which is a rarer quality

There shouldn't be any question. Tomlinson is a better player but he's going to be a lot more expensive and doesn't play the same role. Rankins might be worth a shot but he's far from a sure upgrade.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

There shouldn't be any question. Tomlinson is a better player but he's going to be a lot more expensive and doesn't play the same role. Rankins might be worth a shot but he's far from a sure upgrade.

If we can get Rankins, it would be on a 1-2 year deal. Williams is the only guy I'd sign long term, but it might need to be an overpay and I'd rather get a safety if we have to choose because it'll be a lot less pricy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Tomlinson is intriguing and having a DT/5T who can rush the passer is another thing this team hasn't had in decades.  He would be nice to pare with a player like Rankins as both can generate some heat so I would not mind spending the resources to go after both.  Having a DT/5T who is stout against the run but can get after the QB is a nice luxury to have and he's also only 26. 

I must admit that I haven't researched Tomlinson all that much but I do know that when Williams lined up next to him along that Giants Dline LW's game was taken to the next level.

3 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I agree but what sure upgrade 3T are hitting the market?  None that I can see.

Mayock needs to be smart and try to find a diamond in the rough which Rankins can be.  If he can stay healthy and we sign him to a 2 year deal we could be looking at a 3T at a discounted price who can get approximately 8 sacks from the interior and still be stout against the run.  That is well worth the risk at 2 years and 8 million per.