2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree but what sure upgrade 3T are hitting the market?  None that I can see.

Mayock needs to be smart and try to find a diamond in the rough which Rankins can be.  If he can stay healthy and we sign him to a 2 year deal we could be looking at a 3T at a discounted price who can get approximately 8 sacks from the interior and still be stout against the run.  That is well worth the risk at 2 years and 8 million per.

I don't think there's any. Just a few we could take a chance on and Rankins is one of them. Shelby Harris, Larry Ogunjobi and Adam Butler would be on my list as well. 8M/Y seems a lot though.

6 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't think there's any. Just a few we could take a chance on and Rankins is one of them. Shelby Harris, Larry Ogunjobi and Adam Butler would be on my list as well. 8M/Y seems a lot though.

That is my point and why we should take a chance on Rankins.  We can't go into next season and not address the interior Dline.  Even with signing Rankins I would not be opposed to taking another 3T in the 2nd round.  Rookie 3T rarely have a significant impact so I think it is imperative that we sign one in FA and Rankins is the best with the highest upside.  

I would also be for Rankins, Tomlinson and drafting a 3T in the 2nd or 3rd based on value...  We need to turn a weakness into a strength, we need a pass rush from the inside, that should be priority number 1 this offseason.  

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is my point and why we should take a chance on Rankins.  We can't go into next season and not address the interior Dline.  Even with signing Rankins I would not be opposed to taking another 3T in the 2nd round.  Rookie 3T rarely have a significant impact so I think it is imperative that we sign one in FA and Rankins is the best with the highest upside.  

I would also be for Rankins, Tomlinson and drafting a 3T in the 2nd or 3rd based on value...  We need to turn a weakness into a strength, we need a pass rush from the inside, that should be priority number 1 this offseason.  

Add Jurrell Casey to the list.

7 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Azeeze Ojulari, Jayson Oweh, Jaelan Phillips, Ronnie Perkins and Joseph Ossai

6 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Quincy Roche?

I would also add Kwitty Paye and Gregory Rousseau to the mix. I know both are viewed as being both of 5 and 6 techniques, but I think both are talented enough to play about anywhere on the edge. If either were available at 17, I would take them over almost any other prospect.

Edited by Rich7sena

Unless Paye is at 17, no front-seven is really worth it to me. And I’m so tired of Mayock reaching. There is no DT worth it at 17, do not reach, please!! 

Honestly, I’d rather just cut Trent Brown, and draft a RT. This is a solid OT class. However, if Paye slips to us, or Farley, I’d scoop one of them up. Love those two prospects. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree but what sure upgrade 3T are hitting the market?  None that I can see.

Mayock needs to be smart and try to find a diamond in the rough which Rankins can be.  If he can stay healthy and we sign him to a 2 year deal we could be looking at a 3T at a discounted price who can get approximately 8 sacks from the interior and still be stout against the run.  That is well worth the risk at 2 years and 8 million per.

Agree Rankins isn’t a bad flier at all. Most of this board loved him coming out, and while he certainly hasn’t had a great career by any stretch,  he’s been above-average most of the time. 

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Unless Paye is at 17, no front-seven is really worth it to me. And I’m so tired of Mayock reaching. There is no DT worth it at 17, do not reach, please!! 

Honestly, I’d rather just cut Trent Brown, and draft a RT. This is a solid OT class. However, if Paye slips to us, or Farley, I’d scoop one of them up. Love those two prospects. 

I hate the idea of taking a RT in the first round, and probably the second round too (but I'd be more open to that). 

Our defense is atrocious. We can't afford to invest a premium pick on a RT. We can have Good fill in there (I think Simpson has a real shot at earning the guard spot opposite Gabe) or we can easily find a serviceable RT in free agency that can hold down the fort at a decent enough level while we develop a guy in the third round range for a year. 

I agree on DT, I don't really have interest at any of them at 17, but I love a couple of them that could be targets in the second. But I disagree on the front 7 talk. I think Ojulari, Paye, Rousseau, Ossai, Parsons, Bolton, Phillips, Owusu-Koramoah, and even a few others are all guys that are worthy of a first round selection that could make a bigger impact on our team than a first round RT would. 

I would also take a corner over RT, and I don't really want a corner at 17. I'm hoping we go edge or LB with 17, DT in the second, and then RT in the third. With that being the idea based on the fact that we should come away with a starting safety in free agency (Williams being my top choice). 

Also on the talk of Rankins, I would be on board with that completely, he's a guy with some untapped potential that could be a real find, but at the very least can keep a second round pick from being forced into a starting spot day one. I also wouldn't mind Short or Casey as guys with way less upside long term but could give relatively high production for a year or too. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I would also add Kwitty Paye and Gregory Rousseau to the mix. I know both are viewed as being both of 5 and 6 techniques, but I think both are talented enough to play about anywhere on the edge. If either were available at 17, I would take them over almost any other prospect.

For me Rousseau isn't a 1st round player.  Stats look great but his tape isn't good at all.  Terrible idea not to come back this year. Think he should just put more mass on and work on the inside. 

Paye has atheltisum but so fair he just looks like a Ferrell type edge.   Think we need sombody with more pass rush and speed for that position 

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we pass on him it will be a Ruggs over Lamb situation all over again. 

As he says, got a naughty cross chop, bend and speed is freighting. 

He fits perfectly for Gus Bradley scheme. Who loved Yannic and Nwosu. Two comps for him but I think he can be better then both

16 hours ago, Mr Raider said:

I hate the idea of taking a RT in the first round, and probably the second round too (but I'd be more open to that). 

Our defense is atrocious. We can't afford to invest a premium pick on a RT. We can have Good fill in there (I think Simpson has a real shot at earning the guard spot opposite Gabe) or we can easily find a serviceable RT in free agency that can hold down the fort at a decent enough level while we develop a guy in the third round range for a year. 

I agree on DT, I don't really have interest at any of them at 17, but I love a couple of them that could be targets in the second. But I disagree on the front 7 talk. I think Ojulari, Paye, Rousseau, Ossai, Parsons, Bolton, Phillips, Owusu-Koramoah, and even a few others are all guys that are worthy of a first round selection that could make a bigger impact on our team than a first round RT would. 

I would also take a corner over RT, and I don't really want a corner at 17. I'm hoping we go edge or LB with 17, DT in the second, and then RT in the third. With that being the idea based on the fact that we should come away with a starting safety in free agency (Williams being my top choice). 

Also on the talk of Rankins, I would be on board with that completely, he's a guy with some untapped potential that could be a real find, but at the very least can keep a second round pick from being forced into a starting spot day one. I also wouldn't mind Short or Casey as guys with way less upside long term but could give relatively high production for a year or too. 

I'd love James Hudson in the 3rd.  Very raw, but he's the player they thought Parker was. Newly moved to tackle but his movement skills are unreal. Might be a rough early on but could had a Kolton Miller quick improvement early. 

• Like 1