2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

On 2/26/2021 at 10:49 PM, Trojan said:

If Agholor cost too much, I wouldn't mind Amon Ra St. Brown. Tylan Wallace and Rondale Moore are intriguing as well, but Moore's injury history I think I'd want to wait to the third. Maybe target one of the three in the third, and potentially trade up if two fly off the board. I like Seth Williams as sort of a Bryan Edwards-y type a bit later and then Rashod Bateman as the most ideal earlier.

eh, if we get priced out of Agholor I'd rather just sign a cheaper short term replacement like DeSean Jackson and gauge Ruggs' development.

we should probably also spend a day 3 pick on another X receiver candidate... as right now it's really just Edwards

Edited by Turnobili

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

As much as I keep seeing Roussea/Payne getting mocked in the teens, I still think Ojulari is every bit as good as them, and I'd prefer him over either.

Watching him reminds me somewhat of Khalil Mack, in that he has way more play strength than his size would indicate. He's not nearly as stout against the run as Mack was in college (very few are), but he's not a liability in the run game, really, while also being an explosive speed rusher. at this point (still a ways to go in the process), sign me up for Ojulari at 17, and then trade back into the back of the first to snag Moehrig

He'd hold up fine as the LEO in Bradley's scheme (also would have worked wonders as an OLB in a Wade Phillips 3-4). here are some clips of him stonewalling some pulling guards

that whole thread by duffy... shows the upside you're looking at with him

Agreed. Ojulari is being majorly slept on IMO. I have him as the number 1 edge in the class. He's far and away my top choice at 17. 

Azeez Ojulari is a better Yannick Ngakoue. That's the vibe I get off him. 

I think Paye will be a better Strong end. But Ojulari will be the best pass rusher.

Only other guy that I'd really consider as edge one is Jalean Phillips.  Top 10/5 player in terms of talent but he's going to drop due to the medicals.  Wouldn't be surprised if he drops to Day 2. 

If Wade, Newsome, Campbell, Stokes or Joseph is available in the 3rd/4th round range and we don't take them I'll be disappointed. A lot of depth at CB this year and it's a position you should keep taking swings on. 

Heck, Javeon Holland stock seems to be falling. Could be a very good slot CB with safety versatility. 

Edited by OnlyGlove

Think Jayson Oweh is a player that some might need to familiarize themselves with. Maybe the most freakish talent at EDGE. Would probably go against everything Mayock has drafted. Which is the safe player. Oweh is the complete opposite of that. 

I would take his raw set ability over Rousseau any day. His burst off the LOS is really good. Just gotta teach and build off that. 

Edited by agarcia34

14 hours ago, Turnobili said:

As much as I keep seeing Roussea/Payne getting mocked in the teens, I still think Ojulari is every bit as good as them, and I'd prefer him over either.

Excited to see how he looks at his Pro Day. He's also the youngest player in the draft so he still has so much room to improve. 

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

lol I like your stance on never giving up on talking up Barmore. If he pans out you will be able to shame us all non believers 

Barmore is going to be a stud and we'll be stuck with a dookie player like Ferrell or Arnette. 

I just hope we don't do something foolish.  I think the Grudock regime has done a good job on drafting the right position (reaching be damned) in the past.  Probably not the right player, but I haven't been surprised by the positions they've drafted.  

1A DT

1B DE

S, LB, RB after that.  

I say every offseason I am far from a scout, but I do like Azeez, Davyion, Barmore, Phillips, and most of the guys that have been mentioned.  I also wouldn't be opposed to a guy like Horn in the first if we feel like we attacked FA the correct way.  The longer you can cover a guy, the more time pressure has to get there.  That said, If we go into it and we feel as though all the holes have been filled to the best of their ability, a guy like Pitts would be AMAZING on the other side of Waller.  

Fingers crossed for no stupidness....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Think Jayson Oweh is a player that some might need to familiarize themselves with. Maybe the most freakish talent at EDGE. Would probably go against everything Mayock has drafted. Which is the safe player. Oweh is the complete opposite of that. 

I would take his raw set ability over Rousseau any day. His burst off the LOS is really good. Just gotta teach and build off that. 

Love Oweh. If we do end up gambling on someone, I hope it's him. I've loved him since the start of the process where most boards had him 60-70, and now he's a projected 1st Rounder.

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Love Oweh. If we do end up gambling on someone, I hope it's him. I've loved him since the start of the process where most boards had him 60-70, and now he's a projected 1st Rounder.

If there was a combine this year he would absolutely blow it up. His physical attributes are freaky and he would be the talk of the combine after the 40.  I agree he is one of the few players that is worth the gamble.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Barmore is going to be a stud and we'll be stuck with a dookie player like Ferrell or Arnette. 

I think Barmore will be the pick. I just have a feeling. Big programme, position of need, perhaps a slight reach (although I think mid first is about right for him).

I think Grudock will want to make up for missing out of Q. Williams and might see some of him in Barmore. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I think Barmore will be the pick. I just have a feeling. Big programme, position of need, perhaps a slight reach (although I think mid first is about right for him).

I think Grudock will want to make up for missing out of Q. Williams and might see some of him in Barmore. 

Reach and Position of the need. If I'm a betting man, Barmore is the pick... but I would certainly have mixed feelings over it. He is definitely DT1 IMO, but he should be picked in the Late 20's.