2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

How would everyone react to us taking one of the three blue chip receivers? Very unlikely but I’m not sure we can rule it out. The only ones I can see falling are Waddle or Smith and even then I’d be shocked. But it either of them are there I pull the trigger. You figure it out later. 

1 hour ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

How would everyone react to us taking one of the three blue chip receivers? Very unlikely but I’m not sure we can rule it out. The only ones I can see falling are Waddle or Smith and even then I’d be shocked. But it either of them are there I pull the trigger. You figure it out later. 

I don't have a problem with another rookie WR but in the 1st I'd rather not. 3rd is a good spot for injured WR's that would have been 1sts if not injured. 

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I'd hate it personally. Our offense was a top 10 unit last season and I think it's safe to assume they'll only continue to improve defensively. 

7 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

hard to not take BPA but defense needs upgrading badly or else it's same issue. depends on FA and trades. if we upgrade defense at FS and DT/De in Fa then you can afford a move like that. 

9 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I'm not massive on Smith. I think Ruggs is going to end up mainly in the slot to help with his release. But Smith lack of size probably means he should be in the slot.

Love Waddle more, his fast and also can cut unlike Ruggs. I'd swap them right now.  If we get a good FA and he's the best player on the board I'd pull the trigger.   Can't double up on Ruggs, Waddle and Waller. Especially with Edwards out there too. 

You can get a Rondale Moore in the second round who could so a similar role, 4.3 speed but very small. Chip on his shoulder mentally. Would feel better getting a small WR there then in the 1st.

11 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

we would have to sign a big 3 on defense to make that possible

11 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I'd just laugh knowing that Zay Jones will get more snaps and targets next season and the Carr lovers will still say he didn't have enough help. 

If have learned anything from the past couple of Super Bowl winners/Al Davis final days it's that investing into skill position players high in the draft isn't what good teams do. If you want to win games in the postseason you have to have a good defensive line that can consistently generate pressure with a 4 man rush. It won't matter how many offensive weapons we have if we're allowing 400 ypg and 30 ppg. 

• Like 1

I'd hate it. If we were a team scoring 40 pts per game and totally offense driven, MAYBE. But we aren't and Gruden''s system and playcalling will never support as much. 

We have so many glaring needs that WR is one of the least of our worries. Probably behind only K, P, FB, QB, and CB1 in terms of need. 

Agholor*, Waller, Renfrow, Ruggs, Moreau, Edwards, the RBs....unless Carr is throwing 50+ per game, it's not necessary and just overkill. 

35 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

We have so many glaring needs that WR is one of the least of our worries. Probably behind only K, P, FB, QB, and CB1 in terms of need. 

Agreed. We absolutely have to upgrade at FS, DE, and DT this offseason. CB and LB are also question marks unless we bring back Morrow and believe in Mullen, Arnette, and our other young CB but I'd still like to see a veteran CB brought in. 

From the Athletic's most recent mock draft. 

17. Las Vegas Raiders — Azeez Ojulari, edge, Georgia
More likely to trade up or down? Down. Tough call here, but I’m just not seeing a lot of prospects the Raiders would be desperate to go get. Better to fall back, if the opportunity arises, considering how close the grades figure to be on players in this range.

Elite edge players are so coveted, it’s hard to grasp the first one coming off the board just past the Round 1 halfway point. It could happen this year, though, because other positions are stronger at the top. Ojulari has enough burst and know-how for his position to make an early impact.

17. Azeez Ojulari | Edge | Georgia 

48. Trevon Moehrig | FS | TCU

80. Jabril Cox | LB | LSU

121. Marvin Wilson | DT | Florida State

163. Walker Little | OT | Stanford

204. Patrick Johnson | Edge | Tulane 

242. Josh Palmer | WR | Tennessee 

• Like 1

Eric Strokes made himself some money today. He already had a 2nd/3rd round grade from most people and ran a 4.24 at the HOA combine this morning. The time is legit too because it was taken by the same guys that do the timing at the actual NFL combine. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

If we get these first 4 rounds, it would be insane. I think Moehrig and Richie Grant could sneak into the 1st.

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I really like AO as a Leo but as your other link mentioned I’d really prefer him in a trade down.

ive been watching a good amount of Moehrig tape and he’s soooooo intelligent.  The guy is so elite in his understanding of offenses and his mental processing.  He’s my favorite FS by far.

I like Cox a lot.  I just like Pete Werner a bit more.  I think Werner will be a steal.  I see Cox more of a WILL then a SAM.... and we have Littleton (and maybe Morrow coming back) At WILL.  I think Cox can play SAM but I’m concerned at his stoutness setting the edge.  I say that with the context that all prospects have flaws and they can overcome them with time.  

Walker’s value is all Over the place. The 2 years off probably means he’s closest to a 5th then a 3rd.  I’d love him as a 5th.

I actually see Wilson as a NT not 3T.  He’s very stout vs the run when he wants to be.  His motor issues and inconsistency is why he’s a 3rd not a 1st anymore.  With good interviews and being able to trust him to bring it he’d be a great pick.

If we could trade down and still get AO and add a 2nd Or 3rd .... and I’d be very very happy.  Great mock!!!

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we get these first 4 rounds, it would be insane. I think Moehrig and Richie Grant could sneak into the 1st.

I think Grant is being overrated heavily after the Senior Bowl.  Everyone’s talking about his range right now but his bad angles and instances of very poor mental processing are being ignored.  Plus.... he can be kinda soft tackling.  It’s not that Grant isn’t a very good prospect but right now people are all about his pluses and not lookin. At his glaring negatives. 

I don’t see Moehrig doesn’t at least go at the top Of round 2. But If he’s there At 48 You run to the podium with his card.