2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

As a offensive coach he knows without that protection his offense can’t do anything which is why I can see a OT at 17. 

He also just saw our OL play pretty well with Sam Young, Denzel Good, and Brandon Parker playing RT for us.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He also just saw our OL play pretty well with Sam Young, Denzel Good, and Brandon Parker playing RT for us.

And couldn’t run the ball to save his life. Gruden is a coach who wants to be able to run the ball and go nothing from the run game cause the guys couldn’t run block. 

We agree to disagree on this topic 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

And couldn’t run the ball to save his life. Gruden is a coach who wants to be able to run the ball and go nothing from the run game cause the guys couldn’t run block. 

We were 14th in rushing yards and 9th in rushing TDs. Jacobs was also banged up throughout the year and didn't have nearly as many explosive runs. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

We were 14th in rushing yards and 9th in rushing TDs. Jacobs was also banged up throughout the year and didn't have nearly as many explosive runs. 

We were also, 
11th in attempts (i actually thought we'd be higher)
20th in yards per rush.

I dont think we had the best run blocking, and I also think Jacobs injury played a factor into our low yards / rush.
Unfortunately too, Jacobs doesnt have that home run threat, which may allows teams to play up on him a little too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Rushing attempts and yards per attempt are bad. They didn’t run block good and that’s a fact.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I would kind of agree with you about RT not being a premium position, but Gruden has always valued the offensive line. As a offensive coach he knows without that protection his offense can’t do anything which is why I can see a OT at 17. Not only does it shore up the right side it gives you some insurance when it comes to Miller if you can’t come to terms on a contract in the next couple years. 

I think if you’re able to get a tier one pass rusher to go along with Maxx it give you flexibility to wait till round two or 3 to pick one. They shouldn’t not pick one but I think it allows you to shore up some other holes such as OT and OG. 

Agreed, makes sense but we are the Raiders so won’t happen.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BackinBlack said:

We were also, 
11th in attempts (i actually thought we'd be higher)
20th in yards per rush.

I dont think we had the best run blocking, and I also think Jacobs injury played a factor into our low yards / rush.
Unfortunately too, Jacobs doesnt have that home run threat, which may allows teams to play up on him a little too

Some of our lack of production can also be attributed to Richie's absence, Jackson's decline, and Jacobs being banged up.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

This is a good draft for right tackle throughout the first round. I think the Raiders would be smart to address edge, DT, and safety in free agency.

In 2016 our only successful season in almost two decades we had Austin Howard and Menelik Watson starting at RT.

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

In 2020, the Superbowl champion had a right tackle playing at an All-Pro level.

They also had an elite defense with playmakers at all 3 levels that held the Chiefs to 9 points and sacked Mahomes 3 times. IIRC, Mahomes was the most pressured QB in Super Bowl history. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

They also had an elite defense with playmakers at all 3 levels that held the Chiefs to 9 points and sacked Mahomes 3 times. IIRC, Mahomes was the most pressured QB in Super Bowl history. 

What would you say may have impacted the Chief's ability to protect?