2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

37 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

What would you say may have impacted the Chief's ability to protect?

The Chiefs entire OL was banged up, they literally had 5 different starters in this Super Bowl compared to the previous Super Bowl. The Buccaneers had at least 3 sacks in each of their postseason games and a total of 14 sacks in 4 games. They also forced 9 turnovers in those 4 games. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Chiefs entire OL was banged up, they literally had 5 different starters in this Super Bowl compared to the previous Super Bowl. The Buccaneers had at least 3 sacks in each of their postseason games and a total of 14 sacks in 4 games. They also forced 9 turnovers in those 4 games. 

You're unwittingly making an argument for the important of a right tackle.

• Like 2

makes no sense, this is a deep tackle class. We can find a good starting RT in rounds 2/3 if we really wanted to go that route. We probably get a RT at 17 since Gruden and MM with the concept of value. other teams will draft similar RTs in the 2nd, while we get our guy at 17. same ole song 

17 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

makes no sense, this is a deep tackle class. We can find a good starting RT in rounds 2/3 if we really wanted to go that route. We probably get a RT at 17 since Gruden and MM with the concept of value. other teams will draft similar RTs in the 2nd, while we get our guy at 17. same ole song 

Trust the process 

23 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Name some names. What tackles will be there at 48 that are just as good as the ones there at 17?

From Vic interesting nugget about Tom Cable.

I think the Raiders draft his replacement at right tackle in either the first or second round. (Offensive line coach Tom Cable is one of the team’s few assistant coaches on the pro day circuit the next month.)

20 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

You're unwittingly making an argument for the important of a right tackle.

If you're missing your entire starting OL or DL you're probably in trouble. We've had one winning season in almost 2 decades and our RT was Austin Howard. Carr was sacked 26 times, one of the least of any QB in the league, and we had a revolving door at RT between Good/Parker/Young. The 17th pick on a RT might ensure Carr gets sacked 23 times instead of 26 while we give up 30+ ppg again.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

I think the Raiders draft his replacement at right tackle in either the first or second round. (Offensive line coach Tom Cable is one of the team’s few assistant coaches on the pro day circuit the next month.)

Round 2, sweet I am for it! But round 1 I reallllllly hope we can find a difference making at pass-rusher. I guess BPA though...?

Can we please get rid of Gruden and Cable.  Gruden trusts Cable to much.  How is it that Cable gets that much say in the draft process.  How are we not able to strike a deal with any of our O-line.  We need so much on defense but we are looking at spending a high draft pick on RT?  We have had so much draft capital and cap space with very little to show.  There is zero reason why we are in this position.  I am going to take a nap and wake up for the draft.  Let me be very clear here.  I like Gruden as a coach if he has a good play caller and a GM that can tell him no.  Without that Gruden is going to wreck this team.

WR round 1, OT round 2, Carr needs more help.