2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

dream scenario

r1- Christian Barmore DT- I'm high on the kid, the sky is the limit. We could really use a blue chip prospect that can provide interior pressure. He's super young, and his best football is ahead. 

r2- Walker Little, Carmen Jackson, DILLON RADUNZ T- a good tackle class, should be able to get a starting RT or a very nice prospect. I would like a Kolton, Walker pair for the future. Really like all 3 prospects, and all 3 could start at RT for the rest of the decade. TRENCHES! 

r3-  CAMERON MCGRONE WLB- really high on this kid. Has ideal size, instincts, elite speed, and great athlete. I really think he can compete our linebacking starting unit, and could be a 3 down backer. our defense could really use that speed. 

r4- Andre Cisco FS- I believe he slips because of the torn ACL or he is a early 2nd rounder. 

Free Agency:

top tier edge: Barrett, Clowney, Okwara, Floyd- we really need to help Max, and Ferrell out with a stud pass rushing Edge #1 pass rusher. that would be my top option in free agency. it's not a bad mix with FA, Max, Ferrell edge group

you know Gruden is going to get a new toy(WR), especially going defense heavy in the draft: JuJu, Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, Kenny G all make sense

NT: Arby Jones- we sign him for a decent deal. Ties to Gus Bradley, shouldn't break the bank. Same job as Hankins but actually offers a little pass rush. 

FS: Malik Hooker- I just see Bradley and Gruden wanting to bring Sherman on board to play FS. Shouldn't break the bank 4-5m. This is dream so we sign Hooker. 

I think we bring richie back for cheap to play LG one more season. Bring Good back for cheap to battle Simpson to start at RG

CB: Desmond King- We cleared a lot of space, I think we are going bring in vets to help now. Another player who has ties to Bradley. King can also provide FS depth. We give Arnette a shot to play outside, we drafted him high for a reason. In theory life should be easier with better scheme and pass rush. 

-------------------------------------------- that covers all our starters: maybe with the remaining cap we could add depth at QB(MM trade), RB2, G, LB with the rest of the picks or dirt cheap vets on the 2nd wave of free agency. 

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

dream scenario

r1- Christian Barmore DT- I'm high on the kid, the sky is the limit. We could really use a blue chip prospect that can provide interior pressure. He's super young, and his best football is ahead. 

r2- Walker Little, Carmen Jackson, DILLON RADUNZ T- a good tackle class, should be able to get a starting RT or a very nice prospect. I would like a Kolton, Walker pair for the future. Really like all 3 prospects, and all 3 could start at RT for the rest of the decade. TRENCHES! 

r3-  CAMERON MCGRONE WLB- really high on this kid. Has ideal size, instincts, elite speed, and great athlete. I really think he can compete our linebacking starting unit, and could be a 3 down backer. our defense could really use that speed. 

r4- Andre Cisco FS- I believe he slips because of the torn ACL or he is a early 2nd rounder. 

Free Agency:

top tier edge: Barrett, Clowney, Okwara, Floyd- we really need to help Max, and Ferrell out with a stud pass rushing Edge #1 pass rusher. that would be my top option in free agency. it's not a bad mix with FA, Max, Ferrell edge group

you know Gruden is going to get a new toy(WR), especially going defense heavy in the draft: JuJu, Curtis Samuel, Corey Davis, Kenny G all make sense

NT: Arby Jones- we sign him for a decent deal. Ties to Gus Bradley, shouldn't break the bank. Same job as Hankins but actually offers a little pass rush. 

FS: Malik Hooker- I just see Bradley and Gruden wanting to bring Sherman on board to play FS. Shouldn't break the bank 4-5m. This is dream so we sign Hooker. 

I think we bring richie back for cheap to play LG one more season. Bring Good back for cheap to battle Simpson to start at RG

CB: Desmond King- We cleared a lot of space, I think we are going bring in vets to help now. Another player who has ties to Bradley. King can also provide FS depth. We give Arnette a shot to play outside, we drafted him high for a reason. In theory life should be easier with better scheme and pass rush. 

-------------------------------------------- that covers all our starters: maybe with the remaining cap we could add depth at QB(MM trade), RB2, G, LB with the rest of the picks or dirt cheap vets on the 2nd wave of free agency. 

I don’t like Floyd and I feel like Barrett might only work in a 3-4

8 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

they would be like my 4th - 5th options, but they we need to get an athletic edge rusher. should be our top focus when free agency hits

Yeah I get that. I also like that you mentioned okwara. I feel like no one‘s talking about him. And hooker is the ideal safety for this scheme. With that being said, RayShawn Jenkins and ha ha Clinton Dix are growing on me the more film my watch. You can see that ha ha was used wrong on the Bears and the Cowboys signed him to be some kind of strong safety which isn’t what he is really.

Edited by Jeremy408

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah I get that. I also like that you mentioned okwara. I feel like no one‘s talking about him. And hooker is the ideal safety for this scheme. With that being said, RayShawn Jenkins and ha ha Clinton Dix are growing on me the more film my watch. You can see that ha ha was used wrong on the Bears and the Cowboys signed him to be some kind of strong safety which isn’t what he is really.

Idk if I could trust a guy who didn't play in 2020 to be a starter in HAHA. HAHA would be good depth piece, guys like Leavitt have been our depth at safety. Shows how bad the unit depth has been. I like Jenkins and the ties to Bradley, would be a steady FS starter. we have options

Edited by Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Idk if I could trust a guy who didn't play in 2020 to be a starter in HAHA. HAHA would be good depth piece, guys like Leavitt have been our depth at safety. Shows how bad the unit depth has been. I like Jenkins and the ties to Bradley, would be a steady FS starter. we have options

I definitely get that perspective but I have noticed the theme that the Raiders have adopted where they see a guy that they scouted coming out of college that isn’t being used right(like Agholor) and giving them a shot

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I don’t really see 3-4 outside linebackers at almost 275 as well as 4-3 ends anymore. I never said defensive tackle. He’s too undersized to play that. In Clelin Ferrell is already gonna play the oversized end in Gus Bradley’s system so it doesn’t make sense really to get Paye(at least not this year it doesn’t ), the same is true for drafting a linebacker in the 1st round this year. 

JJP - 275

Za'Darius Smith - 272

Rashan Gary - 277

Okwara - 263

Hendrickson - 270

Nick Bosa - 266

Joey Bosa - 280

Chandler Jones - 265

Justin Houston - 270

Carlos Dunlap - 285

And Paye is probably going to run in the 4.5s with a 35"+ inch vertical and a sub 7.10 sec 3-cone time. He is a speed rusher in a 265+ lb frame. 

Look at him jet past this left tackle https://youtu.be/D7DtRy55e0U?t=167

Engage and speed past this right tackle: https://youtu.be/D7DtRy55e0U?t=200

Again against a left tackle: https://youtu.be/nzwC3Xa0KKw?t=411

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

JJP - 275

Za'Darius Smith - 272

Rashan Gary - 277

Okwara - 263

Hendrickson - 270

Nick Bosa - 266

Joey Bosa - 280

Chandler Jones - 265

Justin Houston - 270

Carlos Dunlap - 285

And Paye is probably going to run in the 4.5s with a 35"+ inch vertical and a sub 7.10 sec 3-cone time. He is a speed rusher in a 265+ lb frame. 

I don't know I see poor OT play. Maybe its his speed but the OTs don't set up right.

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I definitely get that perspective but I have noticed the theme that the Raiders have adopted where they see a guy that they scouted coming out of college that isn’t being used right(like Agholor) and giving them a shot

Hooker has been injury risk but if you go 2-4 years plus draft a Cisco in 3rd you can always structure hooker deal to cut him after 1-2.  if they get Hooker and okwara I'd be happy. then grab a RT. rest can be depth and such. then draft mostly all Defense. 

I do see us grabbing WR if we don't get Nellie back. 

14 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

The issue with him is he has all of the makings of somebody a year from now everyone's going to be complaining about saying that Mayock and Gruden don't know how to draft if we take him.

He's not the type of player that if you don't already have a really good pass rush you take him.

There are no Chase Young, Nick Bosa type pass rushers in the class. If you're expecting your team draft a year 1 monster on the edge, you'll be disappointed. Draft the guy with traits and develop him. 

Paye is likely long gone by 17 any way.

9 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

But I think what I’m getting at is that paye is the type of player that people on this forum will look back at him a year from now and talk about how Mayock and Gruden don’t know how to draft because the fact that he needs more time to develop And isn’t going to produce his rookie year.

Who honestly cares? Team isn't winning the Superbowl in 2021. It's about collecting talent to win going forward.

This forum is collectively pretty smart about football. We can gauge players for what they are and how their development is going. You're describing Raiders twitter honestly.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

JJP - 275

Za'Darius Smith - 272

Rashan Gary - 277

Okwara - 263

Hendrickson - 270

Nick Bosa - 266

Joey Bosa - 280

Chandler Jones - 265

Justin Houston - 270

Carlos Dunlap - 285

I know he’s fast my thing is mainly the sack production 

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

There are no Chase Young, Nick Bosa type pass rushers in the class. If you're expecting your team draft a year 1 monster on the edge, you'll be disappointed. Draft the guy with traits and develop him. 

Paye is likely long gone by 17 any way.

I think Jalen Phillips is the best edge if he can stay healthy

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Barmore is not a "blue chip" prospect. Blue chip prospects go in the top 5 picks. 

Barmore at 17 would rival the worst reaches in the Gruden's era. He's a late 2nd round pick who will get a boost after his pro day and on recency bias from the Nat Champ game. 

A DT at 17 is a desperate pick. The talent isn't there this year at DT. I'll die on that hill