2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At this point in time I'd say FS and OT are much bigger needs than DE. We just gave Yannick a nice deal, Crosby has flashed, we spent an early pick on Ferrell, and have a couple of other guys in the mix. We literally have nothing at RT or FS. And FS is one of the biggest pieces in Bradley's scheme.

yeah but also not reaching for need, we do that too often. get the value and Yannick is two years and need as many as u can get. FS can be had in 2nd/3rd rounds. 

FS just isn't that important to take in first unless it's a absolute stud. 

Just now, roi34 said:

yeah but also not reaching for need, we do that too often. get the value and Yannick is two years and need as many as u can get. FS can be had in 2nd/3rd rounds. 

FS just isn't that important to take in first unless it's a absolute stud. 

A starting FS that can thrive playing single high as a rookie can be found in the later rounds? All of the edge players that will be available at #17 come with major red flags or question marks. 

On Daniel Jeremiah's latest top 50 he has Trevon Moehrig at #16. Which is higher than every edge in the class other than Greg Rousseau who he has at  #13 but he's more of a long term project and didn't even play in 2020.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

A starting FS that can thrive playing single high as a rookie can be found in the later rounds? All of the edge players that will be available at #17 come with major red flags or question marks. 

On Daniel Jeremiah's latest top 50 he has Trevon Moehrig at #16. Which is higher than every edge in the class other than Greg Rousseau who he has at  #13 but he's more of a long term project and didn't even play in 2020.

Not a Daniel Jeremiah guy, and his rankings aren't Important to what I value. 

if we take him, I'll root for him to be stud  but FS can he had for pretty cheap on FA market and back that up with FS in draft after first is all I'm saying. 

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

Not a Daniel Jeremiah guy, and his rankings aren't Important to what I value. 

if we take him, I'll root for him to be stud  but FS can he had for pretty cheap on FA market and back that up with FS in draft after first is all I'm saying. 

Have you seen our safety play the last few seasons? If these guys are so easy to find later in the draft and cheap in free agency, why have we been playing guys like Jeff Heath, Erik Harris, and Dallin Levitt? 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

Have you seen our safety play the last few seasons? If these guys are so easy to find later in the draft and cheap in free agency, why have we been playing guys like Jeff Heath, Erik Harris, and Dallin Levitt? 

awful, but Moehrig from what I've seen, coverage needs work still, tackling needs Improvement, has good burst and effort, good play speed and communication. Just not overly impressed with his coverage honestly. not at #17

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

because we rarely draft safeties who cover?

Moehrig at 17 I would be ok with, he's my top safety available, and I think that's about the spot he goes overall. I'm hoping we add a veteran safety however that keeps him from being the automatic pick when we are on the clock if we don't add a vet before then. 

I would love him even more with a trade down to 22 or so. 

Parsons is a guy I would look extremely hard at. I think for as much as safety is talked up as a key piece of Bradley's defense (it is), I think arguably the even more important piece is a rangy, fast, athletic LB that can get sideline to sideline, has the athletic ability to get deep drops in the cover 3 and run with tight ends and running backs. Parsons hasn't had a ton of coverage responsibilities for a LB in college, but I truly don't believe it's because he isn't capable. He's just so deadly on blitzes. As much as I thought KWit did a good job for us last year, he isn't the player that would keep me from drafting someone high, and Littelton played poorly and while I am really hopeful he will bounce back, he also shouldn't be the thing stopping any drafting of players. 

Parsons is a true blue chipper IMO. The next great LB that can blitz, run sideline to sideline, cover tight ends, stuff the run, and be the QB of the defense. As important as Earl Thomas is for a Bradley scheme, sp is having Wagner or Wright. 

I would give a hard look to him at 17 if he were there and sign a stopgap safety and draft one in the second or third to develop. I want an infusion of talent in the front 7. That's where dominant defenses are built. I think we have a solid group up front now with the signings. But I still want another DT and edge in the first three rounds. Parsons would be a BPA selection, and would give us the blue chip LB we have been missing to make it all go. We have signed guys that can give us a lot of versatility in the defensive front, having Kwit, Parsons, Littelton, and Morrow as our 4 LBs to rotate and match up could be just as big of boost to our defense as anything else. 

I still love the idea of Ojulari and think he may be an even better fit now. But I would be totally on board with Parsons, Paye or Moehrig at 17 too. 

Edited by Mr Raider

16 minutes ago, BigD1123 said:

I would love Parsons as I also believe he is gonna be a game changer. But I have a feeling that Collins is going to be a Monster. And in this D I think he would be dangerous as well.

I think Collins is getting slept on. Hopefully we sign a FS so we can go BPA in the first. 

1 hour ago, Mr Raider said:

Parsons is a guy I would look extremely hard at.

Parsons is a true blue chipper IMO. The next great LB that can blitz, run sideline to sideline, cover tight ends, stuff the run, and be the QB of the defense. As important as Earl Thomas is for a Bradley scheme, sp is having Wagner or Wright. 

I want Parsons and it's just a gut feeling of what he would be. That alpha defensive leader who everyone rises up when they play with him. Lawrence and Sewell are the only players I'd want more. As a rookie I think he'd be our best 3 down defender. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

@roi34 in terms of getting value I think taking Moehrig at #17 and going after a speed rusher at #79 like Quincy Roche is much better value than taking someone like Azeez Ojulari at #17 and going after a safety at #79 like Andre Cisco. 

I really like Quincy Roche on day two