2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Playing around the draft network mock simulator it's hard to get a good tackle in the second round and a cold slot corner in the 3rd. Which could be a real fear as outside of Trevon Moehrig and Richie Grant the isn't a solid safety in the class to play single high.

So we have to plug in a starter in one of those positions during FA. Best I've seen that's consistent is;

17. Sam Cosmi  RT (Think they'll love his atheltisum but you can pick any tackle outside of the big three)

48.  Elijah Molden Nickleback (Think he's as good as a Nickleback prospect you'll find in this draft.)

79.  Ar'darius Washington (Could be the best Saftey in the class if the lack of size doesn't stop him. Guys tiny but, rather gamble on his size then Ciscos lacks of judgement and wild plays in the 3rd, could go in the second. If so forced into Cisco)

80. Dylan Moses (Poor year after a horrible injury, but if he can recover he's a day 1 prospect and can start at SAM.  Develop into a every down LB in the future. 

121. Tyler Shelvin (1tec, replaces Hankins next year as starter. Offer little pass rush but he's hard to move. Day 1 comes in on goal line situations)

162. Kendrick Green (Gaurd prospect, raw but good atheltisum. Be 4th on the roster this year but give a year development he has real upside)

167. Tyree Gillespie (Back up for Abram, if Abram doesn't kick on this year, he could be developed into a starter)

200. Tamorrion Terry (Could be a bust and end up on the practice squad to never be seen again or be a home run. 6th Round what more can you ask for)

4 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

My latest (PFN)

17. Micah Parsons, LB Penn St

48. Jevon Holland, S Oregon 

79. Jackson Carman, OT Clemson

80. Tommy Togiai, DT Ohio St

121. Paulson Adebo, CB Stanford

162. Marvin Wilson, DT Florida St

167. Jaret Patterson, RB Buffalo 

200. Simi Fehoko, WR Stanford

I wanted to go OL earlier, but Parsons is too good to pass up. If either he or JOK are there, I have to go with one of them. In round 2, there was a rush towards S. It was Holland or wait til round 4, and S is still a glaring hole for us. Going into round 3, Carman and Little were both available so we get our annually required Clemson player. Next, Togiai popped up, so DT gets addressed. In the 4th, I chose to go BPA and wound up with Adebo, filling our CB need. Right after that, Marvin Wilson was still on the board...perfect spot for a BPA flyer and IDL double dip. Then it came down to OL depth or RB depth. Patterson intrigued me more than any of the OL left, and should push Riddick for RB3. Ditto with the 200th pick, where I went ahead with the size/speed freak. He's gotta be good enough to at least push Zay Jones, right? 

*operating under the assumption Richard is let go at some point

Wouldn't mind it although I think Paulson Adebo goes in round 3 and Marvin Wilson goes in round 4. Also not a huge fan of Holland in the second round. He's definitely a good player but he's not a guy that's going to make a living playing single high, he's someone you'd want in the slot. 

22 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Am I the only person who thinks we should go with Brandon Parker at RT and draft the best player available at 17?

Parker's play hasn't really inspired any confidence that he can be counted on as a full time starter going into the season. I mean we really did everything we could to keep him off the field at RT last year. 

Just now, NYRaider said:

Parker's play hasn't really inspired any confidence that he can be counted on as a full time starter going into the season. I mean we really did everything we could to keep him off the field at RT last year. 

True but they did the same thing with Bryan Edwards and we all know he’s gonna play. 

Really opening up to Trevon Moehrig in the first round if we don’t sign a legit FS soon and head into the season with a depth charter of Abram, Heath and Leavitt.. Hoping we get a serviceable FS and RT in free agency still but even then, getting Moehrig at 17 and a RT in Round 2 and CB/LB with round 3 picks would be stellar in my eyes! If Moehrig beats out a Boston, Hooker, etc then let the kid play but as far as building for the future, it would be the way I’m leaning!

3 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Playing around the draft network mock simulator it's hard to get a good tackle in the second round and a cold slot corner in the 3rd. Which could be a real fear as outside of Trevon Moehrig and Richie Grant the isn't a solid safety in the class to play single high.

So we have to plug in a starter in one of those positions during FA. Best I've seen that's consistent is;

17. Sam Cosmi  RT (Think they'll love his atheltisum but you can pick any tackle outside of the big three)

48.  Elijah Molden Nickleback (Think he's as good as a Nickleback prospect you'll find in this draft.)

79.  Ar'darius Washington (Could be the best Saftey in the class if the lack of size doesn't stop him. Guys tiny but, rather gamble on his size then Ciscos lacks of judgement and wild plays in the 3rd, could go in the second. If so forced into Cisco)

80. Dylan Moses (Poor year after a horrible injury, but if he can recover he's a day 1 prospect and can start at SAM.  Develop into a every down LB in the future. 

121. Tyler Shelvin (1tec, replaces Hankins next year as starter. Offer little pass rush but he's hard to move. Day 1 comes in on goal line situations)

162. Kendrick Green (Gaurd prospect, raw but good atheltisum. Be 4th on the roster this year but give a year development he has real upside)

167. Tyree Gillespie (Back up for Abram, if Abram doesn't kick on this year, he could be developed into a starter)

200. Tamorrion Terry (Could be a bust and end up on the practice squad to never be seen again or be a home run. 6th Round what more can you ask for)

I think K.Green is a great ZBS LG.... I’ve mentioned him before.  He’s very agile and great at combo blocks and getting to 2nd level.

Terry Is absolutely a WR I’d take a late round flier on.

35 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

True but they did the same thing with Bryan Edwards and we all know he’s gonna play. 

Parker was a third year player that we kept over David Sharpe and we still looked to slide Good out from RG and play Sam Young before we wanted to play him at RT. And now the staff is going to have 100% belief that he can be the starting RT going into the season? 

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I would be irked to get the 4th best tackle if it really is a "big 3". If we need to trade up a few spots to secure Darrisaw if they think he's a franchise tackle, I'm all for it.

Absolutely!!!! We have the draft picks to move up and lots of sources are saying the cost to move up in this draft won’t be high.... I don’t want another Arnette style reach where we take a 2nd tier player right there as if he was a top tier.

Either you move up for darrisaw if needed or you take a RT in round 2.... but if you feel darrisaw is substantially better then you trade up.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I would be irked to get the 4th best tackle if it really is a "big 3". If we need to trade up a few spots to secure Darrisaw if they think he's a franchise tackle, I'm all for it.

Has Darrisaw played RT and is he a good fit there?