2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I would be irked to get the 4th best tackle if it really is a "big 3". If we need to trade up a few spots to secure Darrisaw if they think he's a franchise tackle, I'm all for it.

I'd actually prefer a trade down and Mayfield/Jenkins a toward the end of the first round than trading up for Darrisaw. 

48 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd actually prefer a trade down and Mayfield/Jenkins a toward the end of the first round than trading up for Darrisaw. 

I'm gonna spend the next month watching tackles because I haven't done a deep dive. I know Slater and Sewell are monsters. I'm trying to see if Darrisaw is closer to their class vs the Mayfield/Jenkins tier as I have it now. If it's really close, I'm more for a trade down. If I see a big gap (e.g. potential future all pro vs solid starter), I'd be more inclined to trade up.

7 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm gonna spend the next month watching tackles because I haven't done a deep dive. I know Slater and Sewell are monsters. I'm trying to see if Darrisaw is closer to their class vs the Mayfield/Jenkins tier as I have it now. If it's really close, I'm more for a trade down. If I see a big gap (e.g. potential future all pro vs solid starter), I'd be more inclined to trade up.

Mayfield and Jenkins both fit the Gruden type of pick and have experience at RT in big conferences. I think both are plug and play starters as rookies. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Mayfield and Jenkins both fit the Gruden type of pick and have experience at RT in big conferences. I think both are plug and play starters as rookies. 

I've seen what I like from both. But ideally if there is a guy on a different level (e.g. Darrisaw), I just want to do my due diligence to know.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Yeah it's a mega deep tackle class, which is something to consider too.

Carman as a Clemson guy seems like someone Mayock would like. He didn't work out at his pro day because he's still recovering from a back injury but he weighed in at 317 pounds which is encouraging because he was said to have weight problems at Clemson. The only thing that was concerning about his measurable's was that he only has 32.5" arms and from what I've read some think he may be a better fit at OG in the NFL.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Carman as a Clemson guy seems like someone Mayock would like. He didn't work out at his pro day because he's still recovering from a back injury but he weighed in at 317 pounds which is encouraging because he was said to have weight problems at Clemson. The only thing that was concerning about his measurable's was that he only has 32.5" arms and from what I've read some think he may be a better fit at OG in the NFL.

A guy with guard tackle versatility is never bad

• Like 1