2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion we could nab him in the 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I have a sneaky suspicion we could nab him in the 3rd. 

Ideally, but I don't think he makes it out the 2nd. He is a baller with LT potential, I'm sure GMs will realize his value

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm gonna spend the next month watching tackles because I haven't done a deep dive. I know Slater and Sewell are monsters. I'm trying to see if Darrisaw is closer to their class vs the Mayfield/Jenkins tier as I have it now. If it's really close, I'm more for a trade down. If I see a big gap (e.g. potential future all pro vs solid starter), I'd be more inclined to trade up.

You're going to want to watch Cosmi, too. This is how I rank them after Sewell/Slater (I haven't watched either tbh): 1) Darrisaw 2) Cosmi 3) Jenkins 4) Mayfield 5) Eichenberg.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Ideally, but I don't think he makes it out the 2nd. He is a baller with LT potential, I'm sure GMs will realize his value

Will teams use a 2nd on someone who hasn’t played for 2 years? I don’t think we could risk a 2nd. 

Edited by Dessie

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He can do it. Monster athlete.

Seems risky to me to trade up for a player that you are then asking to switch sides without ever seeing him play there. I havent seen anyone project him as a RT ? 

If we are worried that Miller isn’t going to re-sign then it makes sense but I think if we are looking at a RT then there are better fits. 

I posted this in the Zay Jones thread as well. 

I still think we take a swing on a rookie later in the draft. Anthony Schwartz or Josh Imatorbhebhe would be my preference.

Imatorbhebhe was a former 4* recruit that transferred from USC to Illinois, he didn't have great production for Illinois, 55 catches, 931 yards (16.9 ypc), 12 TD in 17 games. But the physical tool set is definitely intriguing. 

His results from his pro day:

Mesurables: 6'1" 218, 32 3/8" arms, 9 1/4" hands

40 time: 4.48 (64th percentile)

Vertical leap: 46.5" (100th percentile)

Broad jump: 11'02" (99th percentile)

20 yard shuttle: 4.38s (16th percentile) 

3-Cone Drill:  7.10s (22nd percentile) 

Bench reps: 24 (98th percentile) 

Seems like a guy @Frankie2Gunz would like. Big, strong, impressive athlete with great hands and a terror at the catch point. 

Edited by NYRaider

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I'm warming up to the idea of RT in the first, but so many good edge options could be there. it would be crazy to actually make PASS RUSH a strength for once. 

With Kolton Miller's extension coming up I'm okay with going RT in the 1st/2nd. If we can get a plug and play starter for the next 4-5 seasons on a rookie deal it will allow us to pay Kolton. 

10 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Carman is a guard at the next level. Never looked great at tackle at college. 

Big fan of Radunz though 

Yeah I like Radunz a lot too, not sure that he makes it to #48. But he's another plug and play starter at RT, imo.

In this scenario Mac Jones is still on the board at #17. (Using TDN's tool)

Vegas receives: #28, #60

New Orleans receives: #17

Draft Results

28 - Jalen Mayfield | OT | Michigan 

48 - Wyatt Davis | OG | Ohio State

60 - Richie Grant | FS | UCF

79 - Chazz Surratt | LB | North Carolina 

80 - Quincy Roche | Edge | Miami (FL)

121 - Tyler Shelvin | NT | LSU

162 - Javian Hawkins | RB | Louisville 

167 - Josh Imatorbhebhe | WR | Illinois 

200 - Sam Ehlinger | QB | Texas 

Edited by NYRaider

A ton of players in that mock with 9 selections. 

Mayfield: Plug and play starter at RT.

Davis: Plug and play starter at one of the OG spots.

Grant: Plug and play starter at FS. 

Surratt: Backup LB/ST player early on with the potential to be a 3 down LB. 

Roche: Intriguing speed rusher that could be a cheap replacement for Arden Key. 

Shelvin: Massive NT and run stopper that can take over for Hankins after this season.

Hawkins: Dynamic back with some pass catching skills that can replace Richard as RB3.

Imatorbhebhe: Developmental WR with elite physical tools that should be able to sneak onto the roster. 

Ehlinger: Potential cheap backup QB that can battle with Peterman in camp. 

7 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

My issue with Radunz is level of competition. I think it's particularly important for offensive lineman where the jump in quality defensive linemen is pretty stark from any level in college, let alone the FCS.

Radunz had a good week at the Senior Bowl against top tier D1 talent. Terron Armstead has developed into one of the best LT in the NFL after playing at the FCS level. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I posted this in the Zay Jones thread as well. 

I still think we take a swing on a rookie later in the draft. Anthony Schwartz or Josh Imatorbhebhe would be my preference.

Imatorbhebhe was a former 4* recruit that transferred from USC to Illinois, he didn't have great production for Illinois, 55 catches, 931 yards (16.9 ypc), 12 TD in 17 games. But the physical tool set is definitely intriguing. 

His results from his pro day:

Mesurables: 6'1" 218, 32 3/8" arms, 9 1/4" hands

40 time: 4.48 (64th percentile)

Vertical leap: 46.5" (100th percentile)

Broad jump: 11'02" (99th percentile)

20 yard shuttle: 4.38s (16th percentile) 

3-Cone Drill:  7.10s (22nd percentile) 

Bench reps: 24 (98th percentile) 

Seems like a guy @Frankie2Gunz would like. Big, strong, impressive athlete with great hands and a terror at the catch point. 

I'll have to some research on him as I have never heard of him.  He sure does look like a physical specimen.  What round is he projected to go in?

If I could have my choice of WR's outside of the top three bc all of those three are projected in the 1st and will most likely be gone when we pick, my choice would be T. Marshall.  He would fit the role of the player that I am looking for and if he somehow slips to us in the 2nd I would be all for taking him.  I know we need D but he would provide great value in the 2nd for us.