2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I'll have to some research on him as I have never heard of him.  He sure does look like a physical specimen.  What round is he projected to go in?

If I could have my choice of WR's outside of the top three bc all of those three are projected in the 1st and will most likely be gone when we pick, my choice would be T. Marshall.  He would fit the role of the player that I am looking for and if he somehow slips to us in the 2nd I would be all for taking him.  I know we need D but he would provide great value in the 2nd for us.  

As of right now he's projected as a 4th/5th round pick most places. He didn't have a ton of production after transferring to Illinois but they were one of the worst passing teams in the country. He's a good athlete but his strengths on tape were his catch radius, ability to make contested catches, and his ability to high point the ball. He brings a skill-set that none of the other WR on our roster have outside of Edwards. 

• Like 1

I understand that we have holes at a few different positions but the limited talent we have on defense will be limited until we can get some pressure up the middle.  I know some are okay with Hurst, Irving, and Jefferson but none of them should inspire confidence that the problem is solved.  A perfect example is the Chiefs.  They have some talent but are capable of playing like a top ten defense or a bottom ten defense.  The one thing I have noticed is when the defense plays like a top ten defense Chris Jones seems to be blowing everything up.  The top defenses generally have top talent on the IDL or have players there that fit exactly what the scheme calls for.  Hankins is good at the nose but was is not the best choice.  If there is a 3T worth taking we have to do it no matter what round it is.  

1 minute ago, drfrey13 said:

I understand that we have holes at a few different positions but the limited talent we have on defense will be limited until we can get some pressure up the middle.  I know some are okay with Hurst, Irving, and Jefferson but none of them should inspire confidence that the problem is solved.  A perfect example is the Chiefs.  They have some talent but are capable of playing like a top ten defense or a bottom ten defense.  The one thing I have noticed is when the defense plays like a top ten defense Chris Jones seems to be blowing everything up.  The top defenses generally have top talent on the IDL or have players there that fit exactly what the scheme calls for.  Hankins is good at the nose but was is not the best choice.  If there is a 3T worth taking we have to do it no matter what round it is.  

Levi Onwuzurike, Christian Barmore, or Daviyon Nixon fit the mold at #48.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

As of right now he's projected as a 4th/5th round pick most places. He didn't have a ton of production after transferring to Illinois but they were one of the worst passing teams in the country. He's a good athlete but his strengths on tape were his catch radius, ability to make contested catches, and his ability to high point the ball. He brings a skill-set that none of the other WR on our roster have outside of Edwards. 

I am in full agreement that we need to bring in another physical WR  who can win in the RZ and be a high volume threat over the middle.  That is a critical need for the success of this O especially with us having questions along the Oline. 

I am optimistic Edwards can fill that role to some degree but he is unproven and if he doesn't pan out we need to have a backup plan in place.   

What's your take on Marshall and would you be opposed to him in the 2nd? 

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

What's your take on Marshall and would you be opposed to him in the 2nd? 

I like Marshall a lot, especially after seeing how well Justin Jefferson played last season. I'd prefer to go defense heavy in the draft but with the extra 3rd round pick we picked up from Arizona we have some flexibility. 

It depends on how we round out free agency. But if we were to sign a stop gap RT like Mitchell Schwartz, I'd be okay with Marshall at #48. 

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

This is the dream scenario at 48. I’d go Barmore, LO, and Nixon in that order but would be very happy with all of them. Even through Tufele in there. 

I'd agree with preference on Barmore, LO, Nixon at #48. I'm praying that we sign Mitchell Schwartz, Tre Boston, and Quinton Dunbar to round out free agency so we can go BPA at #17/#48.

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I like Marshall a lot, especially after seeing how well Justin Jefferson played last season. I'd prefer to go defense heavy in the draft but with the extra 3rd round pick we picked up from Arizona we have some flexibility. 

It depends on how we round out free agency. But if we were to sign a stop gap RT like Mitchell Schwartz, I'd be okay with Marshall at #48. 

I agree that we need to go heavy D in the draft but if Marshall somehow slips to 48 I would strongly consider him.  He can have an instant impact. 

I hope Mayock wheels and deals in this draft.  I want to see him work some magic and move up/ down and get some good value along the way.

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

I agree that we need to go heavy D in the draft but if Marshall somehow slips to 48 I would strongly consider him.  He can have an instant impact. 

I hope Mayock wheels and deals in this draft.  I want to see him work some magic and move up/ down and get some good value along the way.

Having two thirds and two fifths will give us the ammo to move around if we want too. I hate to sound like a broken record but man, I'd love Mitchell Schwartz, Quinton Dunbar, and Tre Boston to round out free agency. That'd put us in position to go BPA throughout the draft. 

10 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Paris Ford had one of the worst pro days for a safety in recent draft history. 

40 time: 4.90 (1st percentile)

3-cone drill: 7.65 (2nd percentile) 

Vertical: 28.5" (1st percentile) 

Broad jump: 110" (2nd percentile)

Sheesh did he have a piano on his back when he ran the 40 ? 

41 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Everyone wants a 3tec like that but are rare.  Probably not one in the draft. Barmore looks the closest but he's raw.

3 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Sheesh did he have a piano on his back when he ran the 40 ? 

Pro days are supposed to make guys look good too. So his 40 time was probably closer to a 5.0 flat if he ran at the combine, he just went from a 4th-5th round guy to UDFA. 

• Like 1