2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Trey Lance looks like an interesting prospect. He'll be a RS sophomore next year, 6'3" 225 and above average athleticism/arm strength. He had 2,786 yards (67% comp), 28 TD's, 0 INTs plus 1,110 rushing yards and 14 TD's last season. 

It’s amazing how a small school like that always puts out Top of the line QB Prospects.

Did a mock out of boredom, even though they are useless to do before December or so. This will be my only one until January. 

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/mLZ39eGyYX

Lot of predictions on my part, considering anyones rankings right now will be nothing like January/Draft Season. And real mocks /real draft will probably look nothing like this. 

Wouldn’t be a surprise if Lance becomes the #2 Pick. The Top 2 Projected QBs have never been the Top 2 Actual QBs come draft time. Perhaps Lance balls out again. 

I had the Raiders going 7-9 in the Raider Prediction thread so we got Pick 13. And an absolutely amazing pick. 

If we end up in the Top 10, we’ll probably end up going QB, as there’s no way we are picking Top 10 unless we had bad QB play. 

As for Shaun Wade, I know I have him quite low, he needs to prove he can play well on the outside and extremely improve his footwork. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Did a mock out of boredom, even though they are useless to do before December or so. This will be my only one until January. 

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/mockDraft/mLZ39eGyYX

Lot of predictions on my part, considering anyones rankings right now will be nothing like January/Draft Season. And real mocks /real draft will probably look nothing like this. 

Wouldn’t be a surprise if Lance becomes the #2 Pick. The Top 2 Projected QBs have never been the Top 2 Actual QBs come draft time. Perhaps Lance balls out again. 

I had the Raiders going 7-9 in the Raider Prediction thread so we got Pick 13. And an absolutely amazing pick. 

If we end up in the Top 10, we’ll probably end up going QB, as there’s no way we are picking Top 10 unless we had bad QB play. 

As for Shaun Wade, I know I have him quite low, he needs to prove he can play well on the outside and extremely improve his footwork. 

Trey Lance over Fields? I stopped there... always with the edgy takes!  Did we learn nothing from this past draft?

22 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Trey Lance over Fields? I stopped there... always with the edgy takes!  Did we learn nothing from this past draft?

How about you read the part the top two consensus QBs has never actually been the top two consensus QBs. 

There is no such thing as a edge take 365 days out. 50-60% of any players you see in any Top 32 Rankings, probably won’t go in the 1st Round. The Top 10 will be completely different, etc etc. We also have no idea how QBs will perform.  

Joe Burrow went from 5th Round Pick to #1 Overall. 

Not much of a crazy take at all saying Lance could have another great season and go ahead of Fields. The guy had 28 TDs, 0 INTs, can be a dual-threat like Fields, and NDS has a solid track record of putting out great NFL QB’s. Ohio State hs a track record of putting out horrendous NFL QBs. 

12 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

How about you read the part the top two consensus QBs has never actually been the top two consensus QBs. 

There is no such thing as a edge take 365 days out. 50-60% of any players you see in any Top 32 Rankings, probably won’t go in the 1st Round. The Top 10 will be completely different, etc etc. We also have no idea how QBs will perform.  

Joe Burrow went from 5th Round Pick to #1 Overall. 

Not much of a crazy take at all saying Lance could have another great season and go ahead of Fields. The guy had 28 TDs, 0 INTs, can be a dual-threat like Fields, and NDS has a solid track record of putting out great NFL QB’s. Ohio State hs a track record of putting out horrendous NFL QBs. 

Smh I was just messing around... we got 362? days to fight... I can’t believe you actually started to defend yourself lmao

back QBs have no impact on Fields.... and I’d put money on the fact that I could find 2 QBs who stayed the top 2 QBs from preseason to draft.

Edited by jimkelly02

25 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You ever hear of Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota? They started the year 1+2 and went 1+2 overall.

2012: Andrew Luck and RG3

2011: Newtown and Locker

2009: Bradford and Sanchez 

2006: Vince Young and Matt Leinart 

2006: Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers

2004: Eli Manning and Derek Rivers 

2003: Carson Palmer and Byron Leftwich

2001: Vick and Brees

1999: Couch and McNabb

1998: P.Manning and Ryan Leaf

1994: Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer

that’s 11 examples since I started following the draft as a kid and I’m 35.  

where did you come up with that piece of information.  It’s widely untrue.  Seems like you invented it to fit your narrative like some CNN (#Fake) News anchor 

9 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

You ever hear of Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota? They started the year 1+2 and went 1+2 overall.

2012: Andrew Luck and RG3

2011: Newtown and Locker

2009: Bradford and Sanchez 

2006: Vince Young and Matt Leinart 

2006: Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers

2004: Eli Manning and Derek Rivers 

2003: Carson Palmer and Byron Leftwich

2001: Vick and Brees

1999: Couch and McNabb

1998: P.Manning and Ryan Leaf

1994: Heath Shuler and Trent Dilfer

that’s 11 examples since I started following the draft as a kid and I’m 35.  

where did you come up with that piece of information.  It’s widely untrue.  Seems like you invented it to fit your narrative like some CNN (#Fake) News anchor 

A lot of this is not true. Cam Newton was the 4th or 5th QB draft wise going into that season. He hadn’t even played yet bro....

Edit:

I think you misunderstood what I meant. 

The top two consensus QBs from the start of the season before the college football year, has never, or rarely went 1-2.

I’m not talking like draft season, obviously.

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, BayRaider said:

A lot of this is not true. Cam Newton was the 4th or 5th QB draft wise going into that season. 

Your a JOKE....  you found one questionable one 

Cam had insane hype behind him even before he played a down at Auburn.

maybe you can say Gabbert was ranked higher.... but only by people who didn’t Think Cam would go 1 and Done at Auburn.  
The only people who had Mallett at the top where half arse’d Bleacher Report “way Way to early mock draft” authors

you said never.... how about you debunk at least 1/2 of them?

or will the proverbial “search” strike you down again?!?

We’ll just add lance over fields into the “future” horribly wrong projections including those about ....

Love: generational talent, goes 26 

Blacklock: Guaranteed top 25? Nope, 40 exactly like I said

Austin Jackson (18) over Josh Jones (72)

jaylon Johnson didn’t go top 25, he went mid 2nd.

Etc.... Can’t wait to see if Aiuyk can learn to “beat press and be WR1 in this class” lmao.

i wasn’t even being mean to your at first.  But your track record of wrong opinions is immense.  What can you say about me? We took Jeudy over Lamb?  That was my personal choice not a judgement/projection. I wouldn’t have argued it so hard if it wasn’t a valid realistic option... and I barely have Jeudy any mind it was always obvious it was between Lamb and Ruggs.

Edited by jimkelly02

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Your a JOKE....  you found one questionable one 

Cam had insane hype behind him even before he played a down at Auburn.

maybe you can say Gabbert was ranked higher.... but only by people who didn’t Think Cam would go 1 and Done at Auburn.  
The only people who had Mallett at the top where half arse’d Bleacher Report “way Way to early mock draft” authors

you said never.... how about you debunk at least 1/2 of them?

or will the proverbial “search” strike you down again?!?

Why would I go through all of them when the second example out of 10 was done on your part with zero research? You just tried to paint a fake narrative and I stopped after that example. 

Newton hadn’t even played yet, and not even graded a 1st Rounder by most. I believe Mayock had him like #30 in his pre-season rankings. 

The original point was, Lance can absolutely excel into the Top 2. Happens all the time. None of us know who will be the Top 2 QBs will be after the season concludes. 

Here we go... you resorting insults when I’m calm as can be. Yikes. Have fun. 

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

We’ll just add lance over fields into the “future” horribly wrong projections including those about ....

Love: generational talent, goes 26 

Blacklock: Guaranteed top 25? Nope, 40 exactly like I said

Austin Jackson (18) over Josh Jones (72)

Etc.... Can’t wait to see if Aiuyk can learn to “beat press and be WR1 in this class” lmao.

i wasn’t even being mean to your at first.  But your track record of wrong opinions is immense.  What can you say about me? We took Jeudy over Lamb?  That was my personal choice not a judgement/projection. I wouldn’t have argued it so hard if it wasn’t a valid realistic option... and I barely have Jeudy any mind it was always obvious it was between Lamb and Ruggs.

So easily triggered. Look how upset you are. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Why would I go through all of them when the second example out of 10 was done on your part with zero research? You just tried to paint a fake narrative and I stopped after that example. 

Newton hadn’t even played yet, and not even graded a 1st Rounder by most. I believe Mayock had him like #30 in his pre-season rankings. 

The original point was, Lance can absolutely excel into the Top 2. Happens all the time. None of us know who will be the Top 2 QBs will be after the season concludes. 

Here we go... you resorting insults when I’m calm as can be. Yikes. Have fun. 

I Paint a fake narrative? I rambled off 11 examples off memory... you said has never happened .... you found one questionable one... you said none I gave 11 examples you made an argument against 1/11

You lose credibility ever day....

let me guess your gonna cry victim now?

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

So easily triggered. Look how upset you are. 

im not upset.... in fact it’s obvious to everyone one here I take Great Great joy in discrediting you.....

your “hot take” opinions are known to be jokes across this entire website.  What did you get right all draft season? Zilch

ive never gotten mad at what you said your entitled to say it, but I’m entitled to laugh at how bad your takes are when they all don’t done true

your a clown who makes outlandish takes with inaccurate info and when someone points out it isn’t true you do 3 things:

”your obsessed with me”

”I’m the victim!”

”cry to Cwood Or whatever the guys name is”

when you can’t debate facts you bring it down to the level of arguments...

Edited by jimkelly02

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I Paint a fake narrative? I rambled off 11 examples off memory... you said has never happened .... you found one questionable one... you said none I gave 11 examples you made an argument against 1/11

You lose credibility ever day....

let me guess your gonna cry victim now?

The only one crying and animated right now is you, just sitting back and enjoying the show. Anyone who reads this convo can easily see I’m not upset in any way and completely calm throughout lol. You get upset over everything tbh. You might want to try controlling your emotions better, Jim. 

Edit:

Insane emotional post dropping in 3....2....1

Edited by BayRaider