2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Davis is a stud. I don't imagine Tenn will let him sniff FA. 

Well they didn’t give him a 5th year option tender and really haven’t used him much over the last 4 years, plus they have Aj brown and signed Humphrey.

im sure they have a number their willing to spend and will not go over it to keep him.

Edited by jimkelly02

Has Travis Etienne been discussed as a potential first round pick for us? Assuming we make the playoffs and are a better team than most would have projected and pick late, a player like Etienne could complement Josh Jacobs, who has undoubtedly been our workhorse, and make it so Jacobs doesn't need to get on a pace of ~400 carries. Another pro-ready RB of ultra-high caliber could create a Marcus Allen-Bo Jackson dynamic where we run like no ones business and that in turn reduces the burden on Carr/Ruggs/Edwards/Waller, but the speed threat of Ruggs and Waller would compliment such a dynamic run game. I feel like right now Jacobs might be our team MVP, and thusly building upon a strength may be a path to playoff relevance. Additionally Etienne has been a real prospect for a couple years and in an odd draft that in itself may be valuable for scouting and avoiding a bust which is important as a team on the cusp of relevancy. Also the Titans showed that the AFC is a QB haven with Jackson and Mahomes, but a run game on fire still finds success.

I'm not saying he should be the pick, or it makes the most sense, but it might be an option.

Interesting comment to make about not Nelson Agholor not being good enough to win with when he made a key role with the Eagles when they won a super bowl. He my no means is lighting things up, but when given the chance he has made two plays on two opportunities. Would actually like to see him more involved in the offense. 

35 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Agholor is perfectly fine as a WR4. 

love him as an alternate slot receiver to Renfrow. might not as be as sure handed but he does provide a little more juice. they complement each other well in that role.

Edited by Turnobili

If we had a healthy Nick Bosa instead of Ferrell, we’d be a playoff team without much question. Even giving the Chiefs a run for their money. Pass Rush is definitely our glaring weakness. Crosby feasts off mismatches. Usually terrible RT’s or injuries. I love Crosby honestly, but solid RT’s almost always shut him down. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we had a healthy Nick Bosa instead of Ferrell, we’d be a playoff team without much question. Even giving the Chiefs a run for their money. Pass Rush is definitely our glaring weakness. Crosby feasts off mismatches. Usually terrible RT’s or injuries. I love Crosby honestly, but solid RT’s almost always shut him down. 

Crazy, we could have had Clowney and Bosa. Would have been a nice bounce back from the Mack trade. Meanwhile we still search for pass rushers. Elite pass rush and we are contenders. I said it 

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Crosby had 5.5 sacks in two games last season and has 4.5 sacks in his other 16 games. 

Edited by NYRaider

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Crosby had 5.5 sacks in two games last season and has 4.5 sacks in his other 16 games. 

That many sacks in two games isn’t exactly a tail tale sign. He feasted off horrible situations. Bengals OL was Bottom 3 in the league riddled with injuries, and the Chargers were down to mostly second and third string OL.