2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

With that extra third we got for Hudson, what does everyone think about the Raiders maybe moving up using our first and extra third to take a player higher in the draft?  Like if Micah Parsons were to drop to around 12, do we trade pick 17 and a third for 12 and pick Parsons?  I'm just wondering what people think about that possibility and who would be worth trading up for.  I'm kind of hoping we pull the trigger if someone we really like drops around picks 10-14.  I don't want to miss out on a "can't miss" prospect.

4 minutes ago, Jerry said:

With that extra third we got for Hudson, what does everyone think about the Raiders maybe moving up using our first and extra third to take a player higher in the draft?  Like if Micah Parsons were to drop to around 12, do we trade pick 17 and a third for 12 and pick Parsons?  I'm just wondering what people think about that possibility and who would be worth trading up for.  I'm kind of hoping we pull the trigger if someone we really like drops around picks 10-14.  I don't want to miss out on a "can't miss" prospect.

I don’t think we should trade up for Parsons but there’s no way we pass on him at 17

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Trade up from 48 maybe. Value for 48 + 1 of our 3rd should be a bottom first/very early 2nd.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Trading up for a LB, I'm not in favor.  It's just so rarely an impact player.  

I think it's much more likely we have teams willing to trade up with us.  Past few days, some of these EDGE guys have tested freaky, like SEVERAL of them.  Oweh, Philips, Paye.  

If you look at mocks, you see some CBs and EDGE guys available for the Raiders.  People keep mocking a DT, or a S, or a LB, because those positions make more sense.  But none of these guys listed are really blowing anyone's skirt up.  

CBs and EDGE are positions people trade up for.  If Phillps/Oweh/Horn are there, for example, if the Raiders are sold on some OT or S, then a really profitable move down seems possible.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, massraider said:

Trading up for a LB, I'm not in favor.  It's just so rarely an impact player.  

I think it's much more likely we have teams willing to trade up with us.  Past few days, some of these EDGE guys have tested freaky, like SEVERAL of them.  Oweh, Philips, Paye.  

If you look at mocks, you see some CBs and EDGE guys available for the Raiders.  People keep mocking a DT, or a S, or a LB, because those positions make more sense.  But none of these guys listed are really blowing anyone's skirt up.  

CBs and EDGE are positions people trade up for.  If Phillps/Oweh/Horn are there, for example, if the Raiders are sold on some OT or S, then a really profitable move down seems possible.  

I'm okay with that too.  Either sign an impact player if they believe in them or trade down and draft a bunch of players hoping a couple can start and creating depth across the roster.

12 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Love how you double up on OTs!  I really like Phillips but not in love with him for our first round pick.  Yannick, Crosby, Ferrell has me content for this year.

ive been high on Deablo for over a year.  That 40 time is gonna send him rising up boards.

I think doubling up on OL in round 3 is what I’d like to see us do. 

Meinerz, Brown, Carmen, Trey Smith, etc. 

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Get Moehrig at 17, trade up for OT.

Get OT at 17, trade up for Grant.

Option A, but I don't think we'll need to trade up to get a serviceable/good RT in this draft.  Little, Leatherwood, Lichenberg, etc should be available at 48. 

37 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I think doubling up on OL in round 3 is what I’d like to see us do. 

Meinerz, Brown, Carmen, Trey Smith, etc. 

I’d absolutely love Eichenberg/Leatherwood in round 2 and Meinerz (incognito’s perfect protege), Spencer Brown, Carmen, Trey Smith..... 

but if we do both 3rd on the OL I’d still be happy 

theres so many OL I also like Walker Little a lot too.  Don’t forget Kendrick Green in round 4!

Edited by jimkelly02

44 minutes ago, massraider said:

Man, if we could get a serviceable RT before the draft, or we KNEW Cable was fine with who we have, it makes the draft really different  

I just don't think we are okay at RT unless they are placing Good there.  Which I doubt they are.  I think we are dead set on RT this draft.

12 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

That or package picks to move our 3’s into a 2.

I just hope we pull of something exciting.  It's more exciting to move around on days 1 and 2.  We always end up moving around in the 5th lol.