2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

Don’t know a lot about Togiai. He a run stopper or pass rusher at DT?

He's one of those run stoppers that have the pass rush potential. He's one of those guys you can get in the fourth round and he may pay off after a year or 2

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

I just hope we pull of something exciting.  It's more exciting to move around on days 1 and 2.  We always end up moving around in the 5th lol.

I think moving up and down would be smart. I want to come away with one of the D-tackles in the 2nd round (Barmore/Onwuzurike/Nixon), whichever one is there. So if we need to do some trading around to get there, I'm game. 

• Like 1

For anyone who cares, Tom Cable said in an interview that he thinks Brandon Parker has a "huge oppurtunity" at RT next year

"Colton is as good as it gets, and Brandon really progressed in three years." Cable said

"He was pushed before he was ready that first year and had to play" Cable said

"Physically, he wasn't ready to play. But he has done nothing but grow and get stronger. As long as he stays clean in his foot work, he's going to challenge to play." Cable said

Intresting

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 3

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Is it the Athletic one? I think Good is more likely to start at right tackle than Parker.

Yeah it's that one. He did also say that's a possibility

"He(Good) told me that he played his best football being a raider, and I think that mentally and the way he pushes himself he can help us at guard and at right tackle," Cable said. "Having position of flexibility is so important in today's game"

I wouldn't be opposed just seeing Good vs Parker in Camp. 

With that being said I still think we should draft a guard/right tackle time on either day one or two. 

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Yeah it's that one. He did also say that's a possibility

"He(Good) told me that he played his best football being a raider, and I think that mentally and the way he pushes himself he can help us at guard and at right tackle," Cable said. "Having position of flexibility is so important in today's game"

I wouldn't be opposed just seeing Good vs Parker in Camp. 

With that being said I still think we should draft a guard/right tackle time on either day one or two. 

I think we'll take a tackle in the first 2 rounds. I'm pretty high on Jenkins after the Kollmann video breaking down his technique in pass pro (OL play is not my strong suit), but the gap between 1st and 2nd round defensive players is pretty big for me IMO. Especially defensive lineman.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we'll take a tackle in the first 2 rounds. I'm pretty high on Jenkins after the Kollmann video breaking down his technique in pass pro (OL play is not my strong suit), but the gap between 1st and 2nd round defensive players is pretty big for me IMO. Especially defensive lineman.

He and vera Tucker and Landon Dickerson are my personal favorites . With Jenkins my problem is that if there's someone who has the same strength as him and has longer arms(Khalil Mack is a good example) He seems to get exposed. While he could probably get better in his technique with coaching his arms can grow longer making it always a possibility for him to get exposed by edge rusher's with long arms. In the run game however, he is an absolute beast. 

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

He and vera Tucker and Landon Dickerson are my personal favorites . With Jenkins my problem is that if there's someone who has the same strength as him and has longer arms(Khalil Mack is a good example) He seems to get exposed. While he could probably get better in his technique with coaching his arms can grow longer making it always a possibility for him to get exposed by edge rusher's with long arms. In the run game however, he is an absolute beast. 

If we don't go OL in round 2, I like echenberg and wyatt davis if he makes it to us. Echenberg is very clean and Davis is a monster guard.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If we don't go OL in round 2, I like echenberg and wyatt davis if he makes it to us. Echenberg is very clean and Davis is a monster guard.

Wyatt Davis will be there I don't think Echenberg will be at 48. To be honest I think the cheese will get him at the bottom of the first if we don't