2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think we'll take a tackle in the first 2 rounds. I'm pretty high on Jenkins after the Kollmann video breaking down his technique in pass pro (OL play is not my strong suit), but the gap between 1st and 2nd round defensive players is pretty big for me IMO. Especially defensive lineman.

Yeah, there are going to be some edge guys when we are up at 17, that have rare physical traits.  

I know it's not a NEED, but........we really gonna pass on a Jaelin Phillips cause we have Max/Cle/Yannick?  His 2020 highlights are pretty freaky.  

17 minutes ago, massraider said:

Yeah, there are going to be some edge guys when we are up at 17, that have rare physical traits.  

I know it's not a NEED, but........we really gonna pass on a Jaelin Phillips cause we have Max/Cle/Yannick?  His 2020 highlights are pretty freaky.  

He is a freak. I am between him, Moehrig, and Jenkins for our 17th pick, but I'm bouncing around at the moment about the 3.

22 minutes ago, massraider said:

If Phillips is there for the taking, I'm absolutely going after him and trying to trade Cle based on his draft pedigree to some team who absolutely NEEDS a DE and not ever questioning it again. 

As much as I hated the pick and am soured on him, I do understand the team opting to keep him. But if it's me, I'm recognizing Cle is what he is and going after the potential stud. 

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not see how a player like Phillips or Parsons drops to us now after putting up numbers like they have.  Both have good tape and displayed freakish athletic ability that shows it should transfer over to the pro game.

Phillips has probably firmly entrenched himself in the top 15. Parsons may even wind up going top 10. 

Could you imagine what Miami's D  could've been had they had Phillips, Rousseau, and Roche all available? Their offense can be doo-doo, but talk about a pass rush!

10 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

I do not see how a player like Phillips or Parsons drops to us now after putting up numbers like they have.  Both have good tape and displayed freakish athletic ability that shows it should transfer over to the pro game.

Somebody is going to drop. I look at it like this...

-QB's: Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Wilson, and Jones (5)

-OT: Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw (3)

-Pass Catchers: Pitts, Chase, Waddle, and Smith (4)

-CB's: Surtain, Farley, Horn (Surtain is the only for sure) (3)

That is roughly 15 players I feel fairly confident will be gone before we pick, after that you have...

Parsons, JOK, Paye, Phillips, Jenkins etc who could 100% go before our pick, but not all of them. Plus you can always count on 2-3 players going in the top 15 that nobody thought would pre-draft. I think those guys could be Moehrig, Zaven Collins, Ojulari, or Oweh. 

• Like 4