2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

TOMMY TOGIAI is another player i like. put up 40 on the benchpress for anyone who cares. I heard Ohio State was missing him in the championship game lol

Tongiai is prolly going to Go way higher then expected.... he’s a stud can stuff the run and surprising pass rusher.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Would be fun to have in S&B.

My argument for him is that a true free safety that has playmaking ability is so rare and in demand. Every team can use a player like that. Who can discourage teams from throwing deep and erase explosive passing plays. Plus he can force turnovers and play tight coverage situationally.

Plus we've been missing a dynamic player at that position for as long as I can remember. We have a staff that coached up a lot of good safeties/corners with the Chargers. I think he could be one of the next great safeties/defensive backs.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

My argument for him is that a true free safety that has playmaking ability is so rare and in demand. Every team can use a player like that. Who can discourage teams from throwing deep and erase explosive passing plays. Plus he can force turnovers and play tight coverage situationally.

Plus we've been missing a dynamic player at that position for as long as I can remember. We have a staff that coached up a lot of good safeties/corners with the Chargers. I think he could be one of the next great safeties/defensive backs.

I like Richy Grant better than him. But I wouldn’t mind him

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I like Richy Grant better than him. But I wouldn’t mind him

Grant might have higher top end speed/range, but Moehrig has better instincts and is better at closing on the football in man coverage. If you want an all-round safety, I think Grant is better. For purely a center field role, I prefer Moehrig.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Grant might have higher top end speed/range, but Moehrig has better instincts and is better at closing on the football in man coverage. If you want an all-round safety, I think Grant is better. For purely a center field role, I prefer Moehrig.

Actually I think it’s the other way around. Morerig has never actually been a single high Safety

Edited by Jeremy408

7 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Actually I think it’s the other way around. Morerig has never actually been a single high Safety

I say this every scouting season... I'm no scout... But almost every scouting report and piece of tape (highlights) disagree with that statement.  

Moehrig has never been a true single high FS, but over his career he has shown to be able to do it in the times where TCU did play him at single high instead of there normal double high. That's why I said before its not a projection for him cause hes done it in games and shown to be able to play that single high. Also if the Raiders were to draft Moehrig I would be awfully upset if they just used him there. Moehrig is a chess piece on defense to just put him back there and leave him there would be awful and not use the rest of his skill set which separates him from everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Moehrig has never been a true single high FS, but over his career he has shown to be able to do it in the times where TCU did play him at single high instead of there normal double high. That's why I said before its not a projection for him cause hes done it in games and shown to be able to play that single high. Also if the Raiders were to draft Moehrig I would be awfully upset if they just used him there. Moehrig is a chess piece on defense to just put him back there and leave him there would be awful and not use the rest of his skill set which separates him from everyone else. 

can you show me when he played single High safety. In everything I’ve ever looked at concerning him, I’ve never seen that

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Show me where he plays single high safety 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/trevon-moehrig/GSElMpqgbm

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/trevon-moehrig-nfl-draft-player-profile-tcu-safety/

https://thepaintedlines.com/trevon-moehrig-2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

I literally just read 4 different scouting reports before seeing your post.  Of the four, these three mention single high or centerfield etc. 

Edited by Totty

8 minutes ago, Totty said:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/trevon-moehrig/GSElMpqgbm

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/trevon-moehrig-nfl-draft-player-profile-tcu-safety/

https://thepaintedlines.com/trevon-moehrig-2021-nfl-draft-scouting-report/

I literally just read 4 different scouting reports before seeing your post.  If the four these three mention single high or centerfield etc. 

OK here’s the deal: i’ve read all of these before. 

What I’m asking for is a video or a highlight that actually shows him playing single high safety.

Everywhere I’ve looked I’ve never actually seen him play it. I’ve just heard that he can play it or that he has played it.

Edited by Jeremy408

3 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

can you show me when he played single High safety. In everything I’ve ever looked at concerning him, I’ve never seen that

Seen it from just watching TCU games this year. It wasn't a lot cause they're a double high team with him and Washington. 

I would really have to dig but this one comes to mind rather easy 2:36 which was posted above

and a wide view to really see about the 30 second mark

33 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'd rather go Phillips at #17 and Grant at #48. Sign a stop gap RT and draft a developmental OT in the 3rd.

• Like 1