2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

OK here’s the deal: i’ve read all of these before. 

What I’m asking for is a video or a highlight that actually shows him playing single high safety.

Everywhere I’ve looked I’ve never actually seen him play it. I’ve just heard that he can play it or that he has played it.

Google his tape.  There'll be several instances.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I'd rather go Phillips at #17 and Grant at #48. Sign a stop gap RT and draft a developmental OT in the 3rd.

We don't know that Grant makes it to 48. If he does I'm all for passing on Moehrig at 17. Ideally we'd trade up for Grant or down for Moehrig. 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

We don't know that Grant makes it to 48. If he does I'm all for passing on Moehrig at 17. Ideally we'd trade up for Grant or down for Moehrig. 

If Phillips is on the board at #17 I'd take him and figure out the rest later. 

• Like 2

first off thank you for actually showing me and example of Moerig playing single high safety

OK so I watched and I saw that both video show the same play of him playing single high safety. It didn’t look like on that play he had to do much. And that the ball is thrown straight to him. I guess the point I’m making is that you can tell that ultimately the reason why he’s being recognized as a first round pick is because of his play in man coverage and as a split Safety. In other words. A lot of the things he’s good at we’re not gonna be asking him to do

The reason why any of this matters is because single high safety(not simply free safety) is a very important position and a very rare safety skillset that if you’re asked to play that every down and you’re not a natural single high safety you could get exposed(which if you’re getting drafted in the first round it better be a direct fit for the system kind of thing) 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd rather go Phillips at #17 and Grant at #48. Sign a stop gap RT and draft a developmental OT in the 3rd.

give me Phillips. while it's not a weakness with Yannick on board, give our defense an identity for once. Our pass rush could be a strength and teams fear. I can't remember a raider defense that was fear or had an advantage. lame how we aren't be aggressive and have 2 obvious holes in RT, AND FS. makes it seem like we might reach for need again, over the BPA

6 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Seen it from just watching TCU games this year. It wasn't a lot cause they're a double high team with him and Washington. 

I would really have to dig but this one comes to mind rather easy 2:36 which was posted above

and a wide view to really see about the 30 second mark

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If Phillips is on the board at #17 I'd take him and figure out the rest later. 

100%. If Phillips is there just go get one of the free agent guys because it’s not gonna matter lol

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

give me Phillips. while it's not a weakness with Yannick on board, give our defense an identity for once. Our pass rush could be a strength and teams fear. I can't remember a raider defense that was fear or had an advantage. lame how we aren't be aggressive and have 2 obvious holes in RT, AND FS. makes it seem like we might reach for need again, over the BPA

Phillips has a chance to be a special pass rusher if he's on the board you can't pass on him.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Somebody is going to drop. I look at it like this...

-QB's: Lawrence, Lance, Fields, Wilson, and Jones (5)

-OT: Sewell, Slater, and Darrisaw (3)

-Pass Catchers: Pitts, Chase, Waddle, and Smith (4)

-CB's: Surtain, Farley, Horn (Surtain is the only for sure) (3)

That is roughly 15 players I feel fairly confident will be gone before we pick, after that you have...

Parsons, JOK, Paye, Phillips, Jenkins etc who could 100% go before our pick, but not all of them. Plus you can always count on 2-3 players going in the top 15 that nobody thought would pre-draft. I think those guys could be Moehrig, Zaven Collins, Ojulari, or Oweh. 

I would not be surprised that we are one of the teams that draft someone everyone expects to go in the late 2nd to early 3rd and posters defend Mayock by saying if he was still an analyst he would have affected everyone's opinion.  The player would have gone top ten because these GM's ignore their own opinion and scouting staff to follow what Kiper and Mayock would say.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Send me whatever videos you found. I’ve already looked

You want me to send you the time stamp he's playing single high as well?  I've provided in a half a minute Google search plenty to disprove what you said.  Now, if he plays it well or not? Idk.  I'm just saying that the reports and video prove he has.  

7 minutes ago, Totty said:

You want me to send you the time stamp he's playing single high as well?  I've provided in a half a minute Google search plenty to disprove what you said.  Now, if he plays it well or not? Idk.  I'm just saying that the reports and video prove he has.  

Yes please