2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd rather go Phillips at #17 and Grant at #48. Sign a stop gap RT and draft a developmental OT in the 3rd.

I would do that if I knew for a fact that grant would be there in which you won’t be. I do agree with the right tackle idea because I feel like the whole right tackle thing is overblown. People forget we played with Sam Young for an entire season lol

35 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'd trust Heath in single high if we have Irving, Crosby, Phillips, and Yannick rushing the passer. 

I would not trust a slow...unathletic safty if Lawrence Tayler...Deacon Jones ..Reggie White...and Bruce Smith were rushing the passer

21 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I really really like Caden Stearns and Reed Blankenship (not quite as much) if we go safety on day 3. Sterns is a great athlete and I think he’ll continue to improve. 

I agree with Stearns in the 4th would be amazing, I also like Washington in the 4th too. People sleeping on James Wiggins too. 

seems to be a sweet spot to improve the team

17- Defensive BPA- Parsons/Phillips/ Z Collins - who is kinda flying under the radar. I cooled on JOK

2nd- DT- Nixon/Baremore/Onwuzurike/McNiel/Tufele

3rd-OG/OT- a great tackle class, could see who drops, to battle Brandon Parker. Good can play either right side spot so we could just get the best prospect

3rd- should go defense BPA- could go S, LB, CB- I like a few LB projected to go in the 3rd Davis, Moses, McGrone, Werner, Cox, Browning, Hamilcar 

4th- coming back and getting Stearns/Washington/Wiggins/Gillspie/Wade

we have a legit chance to add alot of talent to our defense if we don't screw it up.

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Jeff Heath ran a faster 40 than

lol..yeah when he entered the league 8 years ago...now he will be a 30 yrs old SLOW 215lb should be in the box safty..and it tells you that the Cowboys who had the 32 ranked pass defense the last year he was there knew it was time to hit the road...listen if it was up to me he would be the starting strong safty..smart and he will pop you

Edited by lester

since when did Phillips get this kind of hype train?

really dont get the "IF HE'S THERE we have to take him." its a virtual lock that he's there at 17 lol

i dont dislike him but this kind of talk seems to have come out of nowhere. he would certainly be an upgrade to Cle as the DE opposite Yannick, but i dont know that Grudock are going to make that a priority in the draft, unfortunately (i've been on record saying i'd love Ojulari at 17, i just dont think its going to happen)

Edited by Turnobili
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

3rd-OG/OT- a great tackle class, could see who drops, to battle Brandon Parker. Good can play either right side spot so we could just get the best prospect

Couple things here.  1st, Parker should never ,never, never, never, never play right tackle ever a again.  Unless he learns how to ride the backwards brain bicycle.  If you do not know what that is look it up.  It is the bicycle version of Donald Penn and Brandon Parker trying to play RT.  2nd, has Good ever played RG?  He can play RT and LG but I do not know if he ever played RG.  He also looks a lot better at LG than RT.  This line could surprise but it could just as easy implode and ruin another season.

5 hours ago, Turnobili said:

since when did Phillips get this kind of hype train?

really dont get the "IF HE'S THERE we have to take him." its a virtual lock that he's there at 17 lol

i dont dislike him but this kind of talk seems to have come out of nowhere. he would certainly be an upgrade to Cle as the DE opposite Yannick, but i dont know that Grudock are going to make that a priority in the draft, unfortunately (i've been on record saying i'd love Ojulari at 17, i just dont think its going to happen)

I still think that Rousseau is a it better prospect. 

Also when Rousseau opted out of 2020 Miami gave his number (15) to Phillips and it looks like some of the highlights are Rousseau not Phillips.

7 hours ago, Turnobili said:

since when did Phillips get this kind of hype train?

Had a pro day and ran fast.... tale as old as time. Thus far in here, every position of need that ran a fast 40 has gotten the "I'd take him at 17 treatement". Example: Horn.