2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, Rich7sena said:

Jenkins--for better or worse--also profiles as the type of prospect the team has been targeting in the first round (i.e. physical, "hardnosed"). See guys like Abram, Jacobs, and to some degree Ruggs.

He definitely has the attitude(Gruden) and the upside(Cable)

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

He definitely has the attitude(Gruden) and the upside(Cable)

I think Jenkins is a ready-made right tackle. Though, I would rather have Cosmi who I think profiles as a Cable-special because of his size and athleticism. However, I would not characterize Cosmi as "raw."

8 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I think Jenkins is a ready-made right tackle. Though, I would rather have Cosmi who I think profiles as a Cable-special because of his size and athleticism. However, I would not characterize Cosmi as "raw."

If we’re gonna do right tackle on rd 1 or 2 he’s got to be ready made. 

14 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Jenkins--for better or worse--also profiles as the type of prospect the team has been targeting in the first round (i.e. physical, "hardnosed"). See guys like Abram, Jacobs, and to some degree Ruggs.

Ruggs? Lololol Lolol yea right

14 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Why reach tho on a guy who couldn’t even finish his last season. Haven’t we learned from drafting injured or injury prone guys.

5 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

If we’re gonna do right tackle on rd 1 or 2 he’s got to be ready made. 

Kolton Miller? Cosmi can start form day one but he won't be as good in the run game as Jenkins. He has the potential to be better, though. I think he's already a better pass blocker.

4 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ruggs? Lololol Lolol yea right

Ruggs was a very physical prospect.

10 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Why reach tho on a guy who couldn’t even finish his last season. Haven’t we learned from drafting injured or injury prone guys.

I don't think he's a reach.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Wasn't the biggest concern with Ruggs coming into the draft his slight build and if he'd be able to get off press coverage in the NFL? 

Not for me. His struggling to get off the line had more to do with foot quickness than lack of physicality. Look at his games from last year and look how he finishes his catch and runs. The kid is physical.

11 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Kolton Miller? Cosmi can start form day one but he won't be as good in the run game as Jenkins. He has the potential to be better, though. I think he's already a better pass blocker.

Ruggs was a very physical prospect.

I disagree ruggs barely or rarely exhibited physicality in college except for a contested catch here or there

9 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I mean theoretically unless somebody drops to us out of the top 10 the reality is everyone’s a reach at 17

I disagree. I think if you're able to land someone like Jaelan Phillips, Kwity Paye, JOK or Azeez Ojulari at #17 it's a good value pick there. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

The back injuries and pass protection concerns are real with him but he's definitely more ready to step in as a day one starter than someone like Mayfield. 

5 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I dont think there is any possible way you would take Grant at 17. I been high on Grant for months, but picking him at 17 would be a head scratching move. 

After seeing us take DJ Hayden #12, Karl Joseph #14, and Damon Arnette at #19, nothing would surprise me at this point. 

• Like 2