2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

After watching Jenkins and his analysis, he could become a perennial pro bowl RT. He’s a mauler with technical skills. Smaller edge guys are done for on the edge and he already is so polished with his hands.

Two things that concern me with him though are his back injury and his arm length. IIRC at his pro day his arms were measured at less than 33" and wasn't he kind of inconsistent in pass protection?

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Two things that concern me with him though are his back injury and his arm length. IIRC at his pro day his arms were measured at less than 33" and wasn't he kind of inconsistent in pass protection?

Doesn’t matter to me about the arms. His pass pro was pretty good for the most part. His RAS was in the 9’s so his overall athleticism based on testing is elite. 

Watch his podcast with Brandon thorn. The guy is super smart and polished. Thorn has him as a top player in the class.

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I see what you’re saying but 1 inch doesn’t make a difference to me. His 36 reps on bench, great movement skills, and domination of Ossai do.

Jenkins having played on the right side is also a plus. I wouldn't mind him in the 1st but I'd prefer a trade down if we're going to take him. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He coached Sherman for 2 years and then left for Jacksonville. Sherman, Thomas, and Chancellor literally all got better and their defense as a whole got better after Bradley left. They won the Super Bowl the year after he left and Dan Quinn was the defensive coordinator. 

Jalen Ramsey and Yannick Ngakoue only played for Bradley during their rookie seasons and then he was fired. 

In 12 years as a head coach/defensive coordinator the team that Bradley works for has only had 3 winning seasons and only made the playoffs twice. He was in Seattle for 4 years and they had a losing record in 3 of those seasons. 

Sure they may have gotten better but what I'm saying is it was Gus Bradleys Idea to start a fifth round safety a fifth round corner and a 27 year old Undrafted corner  Who played in the Canadian football league. That happened today we would Burn down the facility. He does it and it leads to becoming one of the best defense of backfield of all time. 

Sure you can do the whole 12 years/ 3 winning seasons thing But the problem with that is that you have to ignore that:

1. Wins or losses have anything to do with whether or not someone can coach defense, Implement a defensive scheme that works for the players recognize defensive talent. 

2. Four of those years were as a head coach(Not a defensive coordinator), I've stated before he's not coming here to be the head coach or the assistant head coach he's coming here to be the defensive coordinator. Two completely different jobs

3. During his time in Jacksonville, They weren't really drafting defense of talent until his last year. Here are some examples:

2013:(One of the worst draft in NFL history I might add lol): The only Defensive player drafted in the first two days was Johnathan Cyprien

2014:  they drafted Blake Bortles Marquice Lee Allen Robinson and Brandon linder in the first 2 days while guys like Telvin smith were late round guys. 

2015: They draft Dante Fowler in the top five but then he tears his ACL during rookie mini camp. He was the only defense of player drafted in the first two days

In 2016 Jaguars wiser by adding Jalen Ramsey Myles Jack and Ngakoue with the first 3 picks but thats the year he gets fired. 

Go to the chargers: In 2016(The year before Bradley) They gave up the 4th most points allowed in the league.(very similar to us who were bottom 3 this past year)

Bradley gets there in 2017 and they go from 4th most points allowed to 3rd least points allowed(This was a year before Derwin James).

2018 they give up the 8th least points allowed(Bottom 10 in points allowed.) Things to consider: Joey Bosa played 6 games that season, Starting middle linebacker Denzel Perryman played nine games

In 2019 they gave up 14th(still bottom 15 in points allowed). Things to consider:  Melvin Ingram played 13 games, Derwin James played 5 games, They were playing with a an undrafted rookie starting at safety,  Starting middle linebacker Denzel Perryman played 10 games & Desmond king played 8 games

in 2020 They gave up 22nd in points allowed(The raiders would probably be a playoff team if we gave up 27th in points allowed) Things to consider: Starting middle linebacker Denzel Perryman played 6 games, Derwin James didn't play at all, Chris Harris who they brought in played nine games, Melvin Ingram played seven games, Joey Bosa played 10 games, Casey Hayward played 13 games, And Desmond king played six games before being traded to Tennessee

You have to look at all factors when looking why defense doesn't do as good as previous years 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

He's also one hit away from an early retirement 

He's a guy that I'd roll the dice on. Any player can get hurt it's a part of the game. But if you hit on Phillips you're getting a guy that can be a perennial All-Pro. 

11 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

Sure they may have gotten better but what I'm saying is it was Gus Bradleys Idea to start a fifth round safety a fifth round corner and a 27 year old Undrafted corner  Who played in the Canadian football league. That happened today we would Burn down the facility. He does it and it leads to becoming one of the best defense of backfield of all time. 

And the year that did those things Seattle had a good defense but all of those guys and their defense as a whole got better after Bradley left. So you can't really take credit for him developing those guys when he was only with them at the beginning of their careers and they only had a dominant defense in his last year there, which continued to improve after he left. 

If Bradley's defense is so effective then why have the teams he has coached for made the playoffs in 2/12 years he was the DC/HC? If you want to limit it to just his time as a coordinator the teams he has coached for have made the playoffs in 2/8 years. 

4 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Are we talking about the same guy? Who already retired from football years ago because of concussions? Sounds like an absolute disaster waiting to happen. 

The Chiefs will probably take him at #31 and he'll abuse Teven Jenkins for the next 5 years.