2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

If he plays that way every week, he could absolutely propel himself as high as the Mid 1st and 4th QB taken. 

Yeah, I think the top 2 QB's are already set with Lawerence/Fields. Lance is definitely QB3 right now but he's only going to play one game this year. Costello gets the benefit of playing an entire season in the SEC so teams will have a lot of tape on him this year. If he plays like he did today throughout the season, there's no question he can surpass Lance as QB3 and be a top 15 pick, imo. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who are the projected 1st round QBs? There is going be 4?? I haven’t followed college for a few years now...

Lawrence #1, Fields Top 3, Lance Top 15. I think Lance is gonna propel himself to Top 3 though and Fields reverts to Top 5-7.

If Costello keeps playing this way he could shoot himself into a 1st Round pick as well. He needs to do it all season though.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah, I think the top 2 QB's are already set with Lawerence/Fields. Lance is definitely QB3 right now but he's only going to play one game this year. Costello gets the benefit of playing an entire season in the SEC so teams will have a lot of tape on him this year. If he plays like he did today throughout the season, there's no question he can surpass Lance as QB3 and be a top 15 pick, imo. 

Someone may get a massive deal on Lance then. Love that guy. QB2 for me.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lawrence #1, Fields Top 3, Lance Top 15. I think Lance is gonna propel himself to Top 3 though and Fields reverts to Top 5-7.

If Costello keeps playing this way he could shoot himself into a 1st Round pick as well. He needs to do it all season though.

It'll be tough for Lance to propel himself into the top 3 when NDSU is only going to play one game this season. 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who are the projected 1st round QBs? There is going be 4?? I haven’t followed college for a few years now...

1. Trevor Lawerence, Clemson - #1 pick 

2. Justin Fields, Ohio State - Top 5 pick 

3. Trey Lance, North Dakota State - Top 10 pick 

Then there are prospects like KJ Costello (Mississippi State), Sam Ehlinger (Texas), Brock Purdy (Iowa State), and Kyle Trask (Florida) who are all currently projected in the 2nd-3rd round but could elevate their draft status with strong seasons. 

Edited by NYRaider

17 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Heard of those top 3. Joe Burrow boosted his draft stock from late rounder to 1st overall after dominating the SEC.

KJ Costello could have a similar rise to Burrow this year. I don't think he'll be the #1 pick but he's a guy that came into the season as a projected mid-round pick that can definitely elevate himself into the top 15. He had his moments at Stanford but had a pretty rough year there last year and definitely made the right decision to transfer, just like Burrow did when he left Ohio State. 

Costello has always had the physical tools but Stanford's offense isn't the most QB friendly system in the world. Burrow was okay at LSU during his first season but really took the next step once they hired Joe Brady and he got to play in his pass happy offense. Costello is now in a similar situation playing for Mike Leach, one of the best in CFB when it comes to throwing the ball. And you can make a strong case that Costello is by far the most talented QB that Leach has ever coached. Excited to see how he plays throughout the rest of the season. 

My updated needs after 3 games 

1) Edge rusher- De or LB need a situation pass rusher. Max is the real deal and Ferrell is good against the run. Key hasn’t done anything, we need a number 1 pass rusher 

2) DT/Interior Pash rusher-  Collins been a flop, Hurst a rotation player, Hall was a bust 

3) LB- no depth—- Kwit hurt, and stuck playing special teamers 

4) DL- add more talent in this unit. BPA 

4) S- still need more depth. Harris is a special team, and Heath is whatever. 

this is also assuming, We sign a starting FS, DT, and RT in free agency. Gabe has been fine, but Brown needs to get it together. 

Edited by Humble_Beast

20 minutes ago, Dodo said:

5. 2nd starting quality RB to relieve Jacobs. Or start should he get injured. I miss the days of DMC/Bush

Definitely. I think RT and OG could also be huge needs for us after this season too if we decide to move on from Brown and depending on what happens with Richie who will be 38 this offseason and Good who is a FA after this year. 

46 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Definitely. I think RT and OG could also be huge needs for us after this season too if we decide to move on from Brown and depending on what happens with Richie who will be 38 this offseason and Good who is a FA after this year. 

Who are your guys favorite Edge, DT, or FS prospects. Still wanted Grant Last year.. I would have got roasted because dude got hurt 

22 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Who are your guys favorite Edge, DT, or FS prospects. Still wanted Grant Last year.. I would have got roasted because dude got hurt 

Edge - Greg Rousseau | Miami (FL), Carlos Basham | Wake Forest, Quincy Rochi | Miami (FL), Hamilcar Rashed | Oregon State

DT - Marvin Wilson | Florida State, Christian Barmore | Alabama, Jay Tufele | USC, Cory Durden | Florida State, Jaylen Twyman | Pittsburgh 

FS - Andre Cisco | Syracuse, Ar'Darius Washington | TCU, Caden Sterns | Texas, Jevon Holland | Oregon 

Edited by NYRaider

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Edge - Greg Rousseau | Miami (FL), Carlos Basham | Wake Forest, Quincy Rochi | Miami (FL), Hamilcar Rashed | Oregon State

DT - Marvin Wilson | Florida State, Christian Barmore | Alabama, Jay Tufele | USC, Cory Durden | Florida State, Jaylen Twyman | Pittsburgh 

FS - Andre Cisco | Syracuse, Ar'Darius Washington | TCU, Caden Sterns | Texas, Jevon Holland | Oregon 

I’m working on a list. Give me a little bit