2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

39 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think @Frankie2Gunz might love this kid. 

At his pro day he was 6'4" 222 and his testing numbers were:

40 time: 4.39s (87th percentile)

3-cone: 6.78s (77th percentile)

20-yard shuttle: 4.21s (53rd percentile)

Broad jump: 120" (47th percentile)

Vertical jump: 34.5" (38th percentile) 

Bench reps: 16 (64th percentile) 

The numbers look impressive but I know nothing about him as a football player. 

One player that I have done some research on that projects as a 4th/5th round WR is Seth Williams from Auburn.  Williams could be a nice compliment to Edwards and will be another big bodied RZ threat.  Getting Williams in the 4th or 5th would be very good value.  He's big, good hands, large catch radius and physically though.  

What are your thoughts on him and if anyone has watched him extensively please chime in on what your thoughts are.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The numbers look impressive but I know nothing about him as a football player. 

One player that I have done some research on that projects as a 4th/5th round WR is Seth Williams from Auburn.  Williams could be a nice compliment to Edwards and will be another big bodied RZ threat.  Getting Williams in the 4th or 5th would be very good value.  He's big, good hands, large catch radius and physically though.  

What are your thoughts on him and if anyone has watched him extensively please chime in on what your thoughts are.  

I just found out about Fehoko today but he looks like a big bodied WR with some upside. 

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/simi-fehoko/32004645-4855-6867-28d1-9272a231323b

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I think @Frankie2Gunz might love this kid. 

At his pro day he was 6'4" 222 and his testing numbers were:

40 time: 4.39s (87th percentile)

3-cone: 6.78s (77th percentile)

20-yard shuttle: 4.21s (53rd percentile)

Broad jump: 120" (47th percentile)

Vertical jump: 34.5" (38th percentile) 

Bench reps: 16 (64th percentile) 

I like him on Day 3 but I don 't think we need a WR. Maybe 6th round I GUESS

WR1 Ruggs

WR2 Brown

WR3 Hunter

WR4 Edwards - pushing for WR2

WR5 Snead

WR6  Zay  - I think he is a lock with his contract

7 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

maybe in 6th 

If he is BPA and can beat out most of those guys I do not care when we get him.  The Zay Jones contract is stupid.  I would still not allow it to stop me from making a big upgrade at the position.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

If he is BPA and can beat out most of those guys I do not care when we get him.  The Zay Jones contract is stupid.  I would still not allow it to stop me from making a big upgrade at the position.

even if he is a good player he AINT a better player then EDWARD OR HUNTER. our defense sucks, we need to attack OL and defense in rounds 1-5

21 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

even if he is a good player he AINT a better player then EDWARD OR HUNTER. our defense sucks, we need to attack OL and defense in rounds 1-5

I am not talking about the Stanford WR specifically.  We need to go BPA or at least close.  Drafting for need is really holding this team back.  If a top 5-10 player falls to 17 we need to get good value in a trade or select the player.  

Just now, drfrey13 said:

I am not talking about the Stanford WR specifically.  We need to go BPA or at least close.  Drafting for need is really holding this team back.  If a top 5-10 player falls to 17 we need to get good value in a trade or select the player.  

idk I really dont think we should draft a RB, WR, QB, TE before the 5TH. I think that would be a waste to be honest 

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like him on Day 3 but I don 't think we need a WR. Maybe 6th round I GUESS

WR1 Ruggs

WR2 Brown

WR3 Hunter

WR4 Edwards - pushing for WR2

WR5 Snead

WR6  Zay  - I think he is a lock with his contract

Well if we draft a WR I think it wouldn’t be until late in the draft and they’d have to be a good STer too.  I think that 6 you said ends up being the Group.

48 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

idk I really dont think we should draft a RB, WR, QB, TE before the 5TH. I think that would be a waste to be honest 

I agree...

But if Jamie Newman Is available in the 5th I’d take him go compete for QB3 with Peterman and hopefully win out.  Mariota is only here 1 year and Newman could be a nice replacement for him.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree...

But if Jamie Newman Is available in the 5th I’d take him go compete for QB3 with Peterman and hopefully win out.  Mariota is only here 1 year and Newman could be a nice replacement for him.

I actually really like Newman and that guy from A&M late. seem like they could be nice developmental QBs

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

I actually really like Newman and that guy from A&M late. seem like they could be nice developmental QBs

I like Mond too but think he’s a 3/4 and long gone by our 5th.

i would like to grab a top UDFA TE to develop and replace nick bowers... mainly because of my petty beef with him... but also because eventually we gotta replace carrier. he got all the UDFA money last year and out UDFA was a joke.  Matt Bushman of BYU would be nice... it’s hard to guess TE UDFAs this year IMO because there all over the board ranking wise.