2021 NFL Draft Thread

13 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Pare, Phillips, Ojulari, Horn, Farley, Parsons, Collins -  so many studs that can be there 

I wouldn't mind Ojulari, Parsons or Horn at 17.  Any one of those 3 and I would be happy. I like Kwik but he is not good enough to detour me from taking a prospect like Parsons.  

I feel like we can get better OL and Safety value in later rounds. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Pare, Phillips, Ojulari, Horn, Farley, Parsons, Collins -  so many studs that can be there 

How do you define stud? I like a lot of guys. But I wouldn't call them cornerstones either.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

How do you define stud? I like a lot of guys. But I wouldn't call them cornerstones either.

I'm not saying they are can't miss but I like all them, and they have high ceilings in my eyes. they are what first round picks should be,  not another prospect based on need. As others have said, I think we can find solid prospects at S and T later in the draft

Edited by Humble_Beast
9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

I like Jenkins a lot. My problem is more emotional than logical admittedly.

It ticks me off that the defense sucks so bad and they need to allocate resources to RT. After drafting Parker in round 3 and making Brown the highest paid RT in history... they have to spend a top 20 pick at RT. It's frustrating.

Jenkins in round 1 wouldn't be the worst. I just want to see some level of competence on defense. There is not a star player on that side of the ball. They will end up passing on a pro-bowl talent on defense for a RT because they forced themselves into this hole. 

I respect the honesty. I also agree. Me personally I just want the best defense of player that falls. But it almost seems like Jenkins is like handcrafted for what we need at right tackle.

51 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I wouldn't mind Ojulari, Parsons or Horn at 17.  Any one of those 3 and I would be happy. I like Kwik but he is not good enough to detour me from taking a prospect like Parsons.  

I feel like we can get better OL and Safety value in later rounds. 

Parsons is one of those players you just don’t pass on IMO. But at the same time I can understand why they would pass on him. 

I also agree that this is probably one of the best years I’ve ever seen to need a right tackle. Safety on the other hand is going to be a little bit more tricky

• Like 2
10 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Dane Brugler just released his draft guide and he has Richie Grant as his #1 safety. 

I’ve been saying the only knock on him he’s 24 so if he got drafted in the first round he would be basically 30 by the time his fifth year option came around

6 minutes ago, Jeremy408 said:

I’ve been saying the only knock on him he’s 24 so if he got drafted in the first round he would be basically 30 by the time his fifth year option came around

That's a big and fair knock imo.

Also who remembers when the Browns drafted freaking Brandon Weeden in the 1st at age 28? LOL.

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's a big and fair knock imo.

Also who remembers when the Browns drafted freaking Brandon Weeden in the 1st at age 28? LOL.

That’s different though lol. 28 shouldn’t get drafted before the fifth round IMO. 

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

There is a lot of boomer or bust players available at 17 not that many safe picks.

6 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

I respect the honesty. I also agree. Me personally I just want the best defense of player that falls. But it almost seems like Jenkins is like handcrafted for what we need at right tackle.

This is all I'm saying. They are likely going to see one of the top 10 overall players fall to them at 17 given all the offensive talent atop the draft. 

When they reach for a RT it's going to suck. The only way I'm happy with it is if they trade back personally. 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

This is all I'm saying. They are likely going to see one of the top 10 overall players fall to them at 17 given all the offensive talent atop the draft. 

When they reach for a RT it's going to suck. The only way I'm happy with it is if they trade back personally. 

The offensive talent is pushed to the top because the high end defensive talent is below average.

17 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

The offensive talent is pushed to the top because the high end defensive talent is below average.

Agree to an extend. Surtain, Parsons, Horn, Farley, Owusu-Koramoah, are all great defenders who have top 10 talent IMO.

If one of those guys is there at 17, I'd like that value over a FS or RT reach. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The players I take over Jenkins are Parsons and Phillips. I think after that I’m good with Jenkins.