2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I had Jenkins as a possibility at 17 way before the Kollman video. In fact, I had only heard of Jenkins because Daniel Jeremiah posted a video of Perkins one-arm stabbing him.

I wasn’t saying you specifically btw.... I was saying that as a generality.

Just now, Rich7sena said:

Absolutely.

To each his own... I’d be very disappointed to spend a 1st overall pick on a RT in the hopes his main benefit is that he’s a good run blocker. Especially when he’s likely to be a liability in pass pro against speed rushers.

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

To each his own... I’d be very disappointed to spend a 1st overall pick on a RT in the hopes his main benefit is that he’s a good run blocker. Especially when he’s likely to be a liability in pass pro against speed rushers.

*great run blocker. I think he will be fine in the NFL against speed rushers. Do you think Ryan Ramcyzk is worth a mid first round pick?

3 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

*great run blocker. I think he will be fine in the NFL against speed rushers. Do you think Ryan Ramcyzk is worth a mid first round pick?

I absolutely do think Ramcyzk is worth a mid 1st.  That’s exactly the comparison I was thinking of.... but Jenkins isnt Close to Ramcyzk.   If your going to take a RT at 17 that’s who you should be getting.

Edited by jimkelly02

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I absolutely do think Ramcyzk is worth a mid 1st.  That’s exactly the comparison I was thinking of.... but Jenkins isnt Close to Ramcyzk.   If your going to take a RT at 17 that’s who you should be getting.

I disagree. Hindsight is 20/20. People didn't think Ryan Ramcyzk would be Ryan Ramcyzk, either.

6 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

I disagree. Hindsight is 20/20. People didn't think Ryan Ramcyzk would be Ryan Ramcyzk, either.

That’s fine... I’m not trying to prove you wrong or change your mind.

I think RR IS EXACTLY what they expected him to be.  When you draft a RT in the first round you expect a top tier RT.

Teams don’t spend 1sts on RTs for run blocking.  You can get a good run blocking RT in rounds 3-4.  Your spending a 1st on a RT because he is a top tier pass blocker.  Jenkins isn’t by any stretch.  I couldn’t fathom taking a RT in the mid 1st who is likely to move to G.  Why not just draft a G in round 2.  

Most importantly Jenkins run blocking isn’t ideal for a zone scheme.  His poor footwork and movement skills leaves him lunging constantly.  

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

how would you rank JOK, Collins, Parsons, K Murray, Patrick Queen?

Without hindsight?

Parsons >>>>>>>>> JOK > Queen > Murray > Collins

With hindsight?

Parsons >>>>>>>> JOK > Collins > Murray >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Queen

I won't be mad at JOK. actually prefer him or Farley. I think Parsons gets pick 10-15 , JOK he seems like he can be a star, and would be able to fly around and makes alot of plays and can play all 3 down downs. He has that elite athlete traits, and good instincts. Thats a great combo, and he plays like a baller. I just don't like his weight, how is he shedding block? the modern NFL is all about speed, and our defense never plays fast. we would finally have alot of speed at LB with Littleton, Morrow, JOk. plus our edge rush should be better, and our young DBs have potential( no matter how much they get bashed) 

Edited by Humble_Beast

49 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

False, think he was #2 on my BB behind Reddick. My two man crushes of that draft. Though Reddick has been meh/semi-bust.