2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

19 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

That was my point.  Arguing JOK is undersized isn't a real argument for him in my opinion as coverage LBs can play with guards.  But as you say, keep him clean and in space and watch him be one of the best coverage LBs in the league. 

Who also hits like a truck

I think both his size and how he interacts with blockers is important in figuring out where you want him in a defense. I wouldn't want him anywhere between the tackles in the NFL. Like many are saying, you want him to play a similar role to Derwin James--outside the tackles in a pseudo edge role. He's not Darius Leonard (who isn't particularly athletic, just undersized), Lavonte David, or Deion Jones. Contrary to popular belief, linebackers still have to negotiate blockers in the NFL. The run game is still a major factor, and if your second level is easily exploitable, then it doesn't matter how good they are in coverage because they'll make it up in the run game.

2 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think both his size and how he interacts with blockers is important in figuring out where you want him in a defense. I wouldn't want him anywhere between the tackles in the NFL. Like many are saying, you want him to play a similar role to Derwin James--outside the tackles in a pseudo edge role. He's not Darius Leonard (who isn't particularly athletic, just undersized), Lavonte David, or Deion Jones. Contrary to popular belief, linebackers still have to negotiate blockers in the NFL. The run game is still a major factor, and if your second level is easily exploitable, then it doesn't matter how good they are in coverage because they'll make it up in the run game.

And that's exactly where I'd want to play him, put him him in space and let him cover. Early downs put him in the nickle/linebacker role that he played in college and Gus Bradley has used in the NFL. On clear passing downs you don't have to worry that much with him taking on blockers and you can put a DB on to cover the slot. 

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Sure this has been posted. But Sims has Cisco as his #1 safety. Moehrig not in his top 5. 

Simms tries to be outside the box and “hope it sticks”. He’s been on record multiple times his dream job is NFL GM, which he is trying to get. In order for him to get that, he’s going to have to be right on a 5+ players that nobody else is right on. Hell, he has Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence for crying out loud. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Simms tries to be outside the box and “hope it sticks”. He’s been on record multiple times his dream job is NFL GM, which he is trying to get. In order for him to get that, he’s going to have to be right on a 5+ players that nobody else is right on. Hell, he has Zach Wilson over Trevor Lawrence for crying out loud. 

Interesting... I do respect that he's willing to go against the grain. 

He had some nice calls last year. Okudah 3rd ranked CB, Lamb 1,  Jefferson 2 at WR. Herbert 2 at QB. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In fairness, I don't think it's all that wild of a prediction. Cisco has had mid-2nd appeal for a while in some circles. I'd be interested to know how he would have been regarded if not for the injury. 

I'm not overly enamored by him, or Moehrig for that matter, but I can somewhat see conflicting preferences. 

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Trey Hill is a guy that I'd target later in the draft, started at both OG/C at Georgia. 

He’s very underrated...  he been ranked as a 6-UDFA pretty across the board.  He’s got good size and can move adequately for a bigger C.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Interesting... I do respect that he's willing to go against the grain. 

He had some nice calls last year. Okudah 3rd ranked CB, Lamb 1,  Jefferson 2 at WR. Herbert 2 at QB. 

His QB rankings this year:

1. Zach Wilson

2. Trevor Lawerence

3. Mac Jones

4. Kellen Mond

5. Justin Fields

6. Trey Lance

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

His QB rankings this year:

1. Zach Wilson

2. Trevor Lawerence

3. Mac Jones

4. Kellen Mond

5. Justin Fields

6. Trey Lance

Man... the Wilson over Lawrence thing, like ok.. you're taking a shot and you really love Wilson... but Jones and Mond over Fields and Lance? Yikes...