2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

At this point the only OT I'd even want in the 1st is Darrisaw because if Kolton ever got hurt at least he'd also provide an insurance option at LT. 

Yeah I think it's Darrisaw or bust for me at OT in the 1st. (Unless Sewell fell, which there'd be a better chance of Mars crashing into Earth tomorrow). I like Darrisaw even more than Slater. And I'm not big on Jenkins at all... especially at 17. 

If Parsons and Darrisaw are gone, that's where this draft gets tricky for me and a lot of Raider fans will be divided with preferences. You might have two of the three corners on the board still, Owusu-Koramoah, Ojulari, Paye, Moehrig, etc. 

• Like 2

In Dane Brugler's 7 round mock he has us taking

17 - Christian Darrisaw | OT | Virginia Tech

48 -  Levi Onwuzurike | DT | Washington

79 - Andre Cisco | FS | Syracuse

80 - Baron Browning | LB | Ohio State

121 - Keith Taylor | CB | Washington

162 - Josh Palmer | WR | Tennessee

167 - Shaka Toney | Edge | Penn State

200 - Tedarrell Slaton | DT | Florida

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I think it's Darrisaw or bust for me at OT in the 1st. (Unless Sewell fell, which there'd be a better chance of Mars crashing into Earth tomorrow). I like Darrisaw even more than Slater. And I'm not big on Jenkins at all... especially at 17. 

If Parsons and Darrisaw are gone, that's where this draft gets tricky for me and a lot of Raider fans will be divided with preferences. You might have two of the three corners on the board still, Owusu-Koramoah, Ojulari, Paye, Moehrig, etc. 

One trade down option I'd like would be #17 (950) to Miami for #36 (540), #50 (400). 

48 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Man... the Wilson over Lawrence thing, like ok.. you're taking a shot and you really love Wilson... but Jones and Mond over Fields and Lance? Yikes...

Apparently there's some first round hype for Mond to New England at #15 or to Chicago at #20.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I would not be mad at this

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Not a big Levi fan, but this is a solid Raider draft. 

Hondo Carpenter said the Raiders have explored trading up and trading down. 

Some other notes from his interview:

• The Raiders are still in the market for a veteran DB if they find someone at the right price.

• The main reason they cut Hurst was because they think Solomon Thomas will be at 100% and  will be a big contributor.

• One of the guys that they've discussed trading up for is Sewell. 

“This is one of the funnest NFL drafts I’ve covered and I’ve been around a long time,” Sports Illustrated’s Hondo Carpenter said on Friday on the Pritch and Clayradio show. “I know [the Raiders] are looking at a couple of tackles, I know they are looking at Micah Parsons, and I know they have their eyes in a couple of defensive backs. There are five guys they are really digging in on right now.”

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I think it's Darrisaw or bust for me at OT in the 1st. (Unless Sewell fell, which there'd be a better chance of Mars crashing into Earth tomorrow).

Apparently there have been discussions about trading up for Sewell if he slides on draft night.

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently there have been discussions about trading up for Sewell if he slides on draft night.

I just see no way the Bengals don’t pick him. Burrow coming off his injury, and OT one of their biggest needs regardless of the injury. And if he did slip past the Bengals, Panthers are in need of an OT as well. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I just see no way the Bengals don’t pick him. Burrow coming off his injury, and OT one of their biggest needs regardless of the injury. And if he did slip past the Bengals, Panthers are in need of an OT as well. 

Apparently Burrow has been pushing hard for Jamar Chase. They could always go OT at the top of round 2. Panthers reportedly love Slater. 

The Broncos also reportedly love Parsons. 

@BayRaider

According to Tyler Dragon of the Cincinnati Enquirer, the pick is Chase... for now.

“From what I’m hearing from within the organization and even members around the organization is they are targeting Ja’Marr Chase, the LSUwide receiver, Joe Burrow’s former teammate,” Dragon said. “You know, they like his ability on the outside. And the Bengals have a need at wide receiver with the departure of A.J. Green, who is now with the Arizona Cardinals. Zac Taylor likes to play 11 personnel, that is three wide receivers, one running back, and a tight end, and the formation. And so, with that third wide receiver, you have a hold right now there on the outside.”