2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Apparently Burrow has been pushing hard for Jamar Chase. They could always go OT at the top of round 2. Panthers reportedly love Slater. 

The Broncos also reportedly love Parsons. 

Had no idea, I just thought he’d be a really good fit there and that’s why I put him there. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Reportedly they were "blown away" by his pro day performance. Another team that might go after a QB though.

Yeah Denver is a tricky team to predict this year. They could certainly trade with a team like Atlanta if they really like a QB. 

My Denver predictions would be:

1. Stay put and take Parsons

2. Stay put and pick Surtain if Parsons gone

3. Trade to 4 and get Fields or Lance

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Denver is a tricky team to predict this year. They could certainly trade with a team like Atlanta if they really like a QB. 

My Denver predictions would be:

1. Stay put and take Parsons

2. Stay put and pick Surtain if Parsons gone

3. Trade to 4 and get Fields or Lance

I could also see Denver go OT, CB, or JOK as well. If Fields or Lance fall out of the top 5 I could see them moving up.  

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I could also see Denver go OT, CB, or JOK as well. If Fields or Lance fall out of the top 5 I could see them moving up.  

One thing I don’t see though is Mac Jones. Elway and the Broncos as a whole don’t seem like a Mac Jones is their type of QB. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

One thing I don’t see though is Mac Jones. Elway and the Broncos as a whole don’t seem like a Mac Jones is their type of QB. 

Yeah, Fields or Lance fit the mold of what they like. What SF does at #3 will have a huge impact on the rest of the draft. If they go Jones it will shake things up big time. Apparently the Broncos/Falcons have been in trade talks. 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

His QB rankings this year:

1. Zach Wilson

2. Trevor Lawrence

3. Mac Jones

4. Kellen Mond

5. Justin Fields

6. Trey Lance

Actually, that's not far off, but it's far too late in the game for geeks to point out that  Lawrence is better at screen yardage and release time while Wilson is superior in all other nine categories (but especially interceptibles, completion rate, QBR, and ADoT). 

There is a huge drop after #3 and, of course, the final three should be Fields, Trask, and Mond.  As for the top two, if these teams knew who to pick at #1 or #2 they probably wouldn't be picking at #1 or #2, so...

2 minutes ago, Dr A W Niloc said:

Actually, that's not far off, but it's far too late in the game for geeks to point out that  Lawrence is better at screen yardage and release time while Wilson is superior in all other nine categories (but especially interceptibles, completion rate, QBR, and ADoT). 

The only thing that concerns me with Wilson is that he wasn't even the starting QB coming into the season, he was in a 3 man QB competition to earn the starting job. He also only has one year of great tape/production and it came against one of the easiest schedules in CFB. 

• Like 2

Wilson also benefited from having a great run game 2,218 yards (15th in the country), 34 rushing TD's (4th in the country), and a great offensive line (only sacked 21 times) And that was against a super soft schedule which ranked 67th in the country.

Edited by NYRaider

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@Dr A W Niloc in 5 games against Power Conference schools

Wilson (2-3 record): 1,201 yards (63% comp), 5 TD, 4 INT

Yeah I don’t think any of the QB’s are on Lawrence’s level. He’s just too polished. I personally love this QB class and the Top 4 guys but I could certainly find a lot of flaws and flags with Wilson, Lance, and Fields. I do think Wilson is the clear #2 due to his loaded potential, he has almost as much potential as Lance while being way more polished, and a way better deep ball without needing to develop it. 

What makes this QB class so special is the potential, I’ve never seen a QB class where the Top 4 Prospects have such insane potential. 

Potential wise I’d say:

1. Lance (Max Potential: Top 5 QB)

2. Wilson (Max Potential: Top 5 QB)

3. Lawrence (Max Potential: Top 5 QB)

4. Fields (Max Potential: Top 10 QB)

whereas I rank them:

1. Lawrence (my #1 player in the draft)

2. Wilson (my #3 player in the draft)

3. Lance (my #7 player in the draft)

4. Fields (my #8 player in the draft)

Still don’t and never will understand the Mac Jones in the 1st hype. At 32 for a fifth year option? Sure. But, besides that, I don’t understand him in the 1st Round. His ceiling isn’t high at all, and his floor is being massively overrated. 

Edited by BayRaider

I really like Divine Deablo from VT in Bradley's scheme. He's a little sloppy in his movement, but he seems like a really heady player with a lot of games of under his belt. He tested out of this world, too. My comp for him is Rayshawn Jenkins, who I also liked coming out of Miami. I wouldn't mind him in the second.

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah I don’t think any of the QB’s are on Lawrence’s level. He’s just too polished. I personally love this QB class and the Top 4 guys but I could certainly find a lot of flaws and flags with Wilson, Lance, and Fields. I do think Wilson is the clear #2 due to his loaded potential, he has almost as much potential as Lance while being way more polished, and a way better deep ball without needing to develop it. 

I like Lance's potential but it's going to take him some time, I think his ceiling is a Cam Newton type of QB. 

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I know you’re not a big Lance fan, but if Fields somehow fell to 17, what do you do?

I like Lance's long term potential but I think he'll need a RS year. He barely played at NDSU and will have played like 1 game in 18 months leading up to TC this year. His last 5 games of at NDSU were pretty meh in my opinion but I understand why people like him because the physical tools are there. I don't really see any scenario where Fields gets past Denver at #9 and New England at #15, but if he did then I'd look to trade back with a QB needy team. I'm not the biggest Carr fan but I feel comfortable with our QB situation with Carr/Mariota going into the season.