2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

The latest one or the NDSU pro day? I think the latest pro day was just Trey Lance throwing. Either way, I think Mayock may want to see Lance because there' an outside shot he ends up a Bronco.

I think it was the first one.

By the way, during Eric Stokes pro day/40 time, the guy doing it explained why all these 40’s are crazy right now: Basically the NFL Combine uses a hand start finish, while pro days and casual use, use laser start finish. 

Basically, take 0.12 to 0.14 seconds off every single one of these Pro Day 40’s. Which makes a lot of sense, and puts most of these guys at their projected times. 

That would still mean Stokes ran a 4.38 (which they said is his real time) which is still absolutely amazing for a corner his size. I was really expecting 4.52 - 4.55 for Stokes. 

Also means Surtain’s time is probably around 4.58 which is pretty bad, if they used a laser start finish. 

It doesn’t mean every school/pro day does a laser start finish, but I’m sure most of them do. 

Since we don’t know which schools used the combine method, I’d just throw every 40 into the trash and judge purely by tape speed. Except for Georgia players where we know for sure you can take about 0.12 off the 40’s and get an accurate time. Which means Tyson Campbell’s real time was about 4.51, exactly what everyone projected him to run. 

Edited by BayRaider

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Didn't think I'd have enough time this year but getting into the draft spirit and been at this the past week:

Finalized Big Board:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/bigboard/uyjNKHHoJa

- 30 1st Round Graded Players

- 32 2nd Round Graded Players

Generational Prospect:

1. QB Trevor Lawrence

Blue Chip Prospect:

2. OT Penei Sewell

Outstanding Prospects:

3. QB Zach Wilson

4. WR Ja'Marr Chase

5. TE Kyle Pitts

6. LB Micah Parsons

Upper Tier Prospects:

7. QB Trey Lance

8. QB Justin Fields

9. CB Caleb Farley

10. WR Devonta Smith

11. IOL Alijah Vera-Tucker

1st Round Grade:

12. OT Christian Darrisaw

13. WR Dyami Brown

14. S Trevon Moehrig

15. OT/C Rashawn Slater

16. CB Patrick Surtain II

17. RB Najee Harris

18. EDGE Jayson Oweh

19. WR Rashod Bateman

20. EDGE Kwity Paye

21. EDGE/LB Azeez Ojulari

22. WR Jaylen Waddle

23. EDGE Gregory Rousseau

24. LB Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

25. RB Travis Etienne

26. WR Kadarius Toney

27. LB Baron Browning

28. CB Jaycee Horn

29. OT/G Liam Eichenberg

30. LB Nick Bolton

2nd Round Grade:

31. WR Elijah Moore

32. OT/G Teven Jenkins

33. IDL Christian Barmore

34. RB Javonte Williams

35. EDGE Jaelan Philips

36. OT Walker Little

37. OT Samuel Cosmi

38. IOL Landon Dickerson

39. EDGE Joseph Ossai

40. EDGE Carlos Basham Jr. 

41. IOL Creed Humphrey

42. CB Eric Stokes

43. EDGE Payton Turner

44. WR Terrace Marshall Jr.

45. LB Jamin Davis

46. S Richie Grant

47. CB Tyson Campbell

48. IOL Wyatt Davis

49. EDGE Dayo Odeyingbo

50. CB Greg Newsome II

51. WR Rondale Moore

52. S/CB Javon Holland

53. TE Pat Freiermuth

54. LB Zaven Collins

55. WR Tylan Wallace

56. CB Trill Williams

57. OT James Hudson

58. S Jamien Sherwood

59. QB Kyle Trask

60. NB Asante Samuel Jr.

61. OT/G Alex Leatherwood

62. CB Tay Gowan

Anyone else is a 3rd Round Grade or worse. 

By Position:

RB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-56-32-PM.png

Safety's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-56-19-PM.png

IOL:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-56-07-PM.png

IDL:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-55-59-PM.png

TE's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-55-53-PM.png

QB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-55-30-PM.png

CB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-55-11-PM.png

EDGE's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-54-51-PM.png

OT's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-54-40-PM.png

WR's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-54-17-PM.png

LB's:

Screen-Shot-2021-04-19-at-5-56-44-PM.png

Notes:

- LB's: Love Parsons. I like Owusu-Koramoah but concerned about his weight, and think that type of LB usually doesn't provide great value in the 1st. However, I still like him, and despite previous comment, I do think JOK is a more rare breed and that he does belong in the 1st, and would be a great fit in Bradley's system. I'm lower on Collins than most, but still would love to have him as a starting LB. He just seems boom or bust to me, went to a small school, and faced bad competition. Just seems like one of those small school freak athletes who usually have super high bust rates. As for Nick Bolton, he may not be as athletic as these freaks in the draft like Parsons, JOK, Davis, and Collins but he just has "it". He's absolutely ruthless, never makes mistakes, diagnoses perfectly, complete dog, great run defender, great gap shooter, and good enough speed. 

- EDGE's: I have Oweh, Paye, and Ojulari all pretty close. Oweh gets hated on for no sacks but the guy is the freak of the draft, and I really love what I see on tape. Paye is another guy I really like as well that could develop into something nasty. This EDGE class is all about potential, that's what you should be looking at. I have Philips in the 2nd because he's the scariest prospect in the entire draft. Major, major risk factor. As for his teammate Gregory Rousseau, I like him a lot as a 3-4 EDGE. 4-3 teams like the Raiders should stay far away though. 

- WR's: Another loaded, and I mean loaded WR class. About the only thing I agree with Chris Simms on is that Dyami Brown is our WR3. He's gonna be a baller IMO. One word describes Dyami Brown: DOMINANT. Not as big on Waddle as others are... but I still really like. Just don't understand the Top 10 hype... Devonta Smith is definitely the better prospect and the weight doesn't concern me like it does on a Linebacker. 

- OT's: Love Sewell as a Franchise LT. Love Darrisaw as a Franchise RT. Slater can be a Top Tier Center or a Mid-Tier RT. Same with Eichenberg, Top Tier G or Mid-Tier RT. Jenkins I'm obviously not as high on as some Raider fans, I think he's a guard at the next level. Cosmi will be a solid Mid-Tier RT and a day one starter. I like Walker Little a lot as well, although the injury history is definitely something to consider. 

- Safety's: Many don't think there's much of a gap from Moehrig and Grant/Holland. I do think there's quite a noticeable gap. When I watch Moehrig I see the playmaking cover FS that I've always wanted. And he's not afraid to get involved in the physical side of things as well. He's also much better at pure coverage than Andre Cisco, and much more consistent/refined skills. As for Holland, not even sure he'll be a full time safety, I see a lot of Nickelback during his career, and bit of a do-it-all kind of guy. 

- CB's: Love Farley. Have said he's a Top 10 player in this draft since December. However, his injury is definitely worrisome. I think Surtain is also a solid prospect, but definitely behind Farley. We need long-speed in our division and Farley is likely a low 4.4 guy while Surtain is likely a mid 4.5 guy (don't care about Pro Day 40's). Horn on the other hand, is 100% boom or bust and he scares me. He has a lot of similarities to Jeff Gladney last year in which he likes to get grabby... not gonna work in the NFL. I like Eric Stokes, Tyson Campbell, and Greg Newsome II in the 2nd Round quite a bit. I know many on here like Newsome as a 1st Rounder but I just don't see it. 

I think Dayo Odeyingbo is a late 3rd or early 4th pick because of achilles injury suffered a couple of months ago but I would love to add him for next year.

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Typically people are always down for a trade down to acquire more picks. However with the recent Hudson and Brown trades, how would people welcome a trade up?

Only if they're worth it.  Can't think of anybody in the 1st worth trading up for unless the is a run of tackles and you want to get your guy.

It's a deep class in most of our positions but we don't tend to use late day 3 picks.  So I'm not against using them to get our guys. 

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hondo Carpenter mentioned that one of the reasons that we cut Hurst was because Thomas is 100% healthy and the staff believes that he can be a big contributor for us this year. Either way though I'm glad that we have Irving, Philon, Thomas, and Jefferson competing for the job this year instead of just handing it to someone like we did with Collins last year. 

This the same staff that said Malik Collins was the key to the defense? 

15 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Hondo Carpenter mentioned that one of the reasons that we cut Hurst was because Thomas is 100% healthy and the staff believes that he can be a big contributor for us this year. Either way though I'm glad that we have Irving, Philon, Thomas, and Jefferson competing for the job this year instead of just handing it to someone like we did with Collins last year. 

Still think it was stupid. 

We didn't sign a bunch of star IDL who were guaranteed to come in and make an impact, we signed cast offs, busts, and rotational pieces who have done literally nothing in silver and black. 

Hurst was practically our only bright-ish spot on the D-line with upside. You don't prematurely cut that before you actually see any of them. If true, it just shows that there's no plan other than "hope this works because....lulz". 

Fwiw, I wouldn't have been surprised to see Hurst not actually make the squad at the end of the offseason, so I'm not bemoaning it as a huge loss. He's just not the person I'd cut in favor of a crew of totally unproven guys before seeing any of them in pads. And not like we did anything with the savings. We signed Rasul Douglas ffs. Make the move to cut Key and (I guess, if you're dead set on doing so) Hurst when you can hopefully nab an impact-ish guy in their place, not when you're scraping the bottom of the barrel. It's one of the things I absolutely despise about Grudock- even "good" moves constantly have questionable to WTF timing.