2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

13 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The kid is awesome you can’t take that away he won a national championship at 18 years old. 

He's been vastly overrated though.  I'm not saying he's bad, but he's not Andrew Luck like everyone wants him to be.  He reminds me of a more mobile Philip Rivers and if that's the case he's got hall of fame potential.  At the same time, that means he's a top 10-15 QB and not a top 5 guy depending on what team he is on and what is around him. 

1 hour ago, true2form said:

He's been vastly overrated though.  I'm not saying he's bad, but he's not Andrew Luck like everyone wants him to be.  He reminds me of a more mobile Philip Rivers and if that's the case he's got hall of fame potential.  At the same time, that means he's a top 10-15 QB and not a top 5 guy depending on what team he is on and what is around him. 

I don't get it, a he can do everything he has got long ball, touch on this short passes and he can run??

4 hours ago, true2form said:

Lawrence will be much better than Luck. Luck was massively underwhelming in the NFL. He was very turnover prone and lower football IQ than anticipated. Most of his career he sat around 9th-10th best QB in the league when many expected him to be Top 5 easily, and even Top 2-3. 

9 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Dont see the Lawrence Rivers comp. Rivers at his prime doesn't have a arm like Lawrence and Rivers was never a mover. 

I would say his comp for me would be a taller Deshaun Watson. 

Yeah Rivers is a horrible comp. Lawrence has a really strong arm, that’s never been Rivers. Even Rivers best days, his arm was above-average. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Lawrence will be much better than Luck. Luck was massively underwhelming in the NFL. He was very turnover prone and lower football IQ than anticipated. Most of his career he sat around 9th-10th best QB in the league when many expected him to be Top 5 easily, and even Top 2-3. 

Luck was massively underwhelming in the NFL? Dude was one of like 10 QB's in NFL history to throw for 40+ TD in a season and came one short with 39 TD's in his final season. His last three seasons he was healthy he averaged 4,500 yards and 37 TD per year. 

The Colts defense was never great, their running game never ranked higher than 20th while he was there, and he never had any legit receivers other than Hilton. Not to mention their OL wasn't great and he was sacked a ton as well. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814564-ranking-the-top-quarterbacks-from-the-2018-nfl-season

After the 2018 season Luck was considered the second best QB in the league. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330912-br-nfl-1000-ranking-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014

After the 2014 season Luck was considered the fourth best QB in the league.

Edited by NYRaider

Luck averaged 15 picks a year and had a career YPA of 7.2 which is absolutely terrible. He was a solid QB, and back-end of the Top 10, which is obviously really good. He lived up no where close to his draft hype of the next Peyton Manning. 

Luck was never a great decision maker. Maybe above-average at best.

Not saying the guy was a bad QB, he was a solid Top 10 QB his duration in the league, but you are massively overrating him here. He made dumb turnovers on a consistent basis for seven years. Did you not watch the man play....? I saw most of his games. His amazing natural talent bailed him out of his horrid decision making. 

You care about bulk stats wayyyy too much. Especially bulk yardage. 

Edited by BayRaider

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Luck was massively underwhelming in the NFL? Dude was one of like 10 QB's in NFL history to throw for 40+ TD in a season and came one short with 39 TD's in his final season. His last three seasons he was healthy he averaged 4,500 yards and 37 TD per year. 

The Colts defense was never great, their running game never ranked higher than 20th while he was there, and he never had any legit receivers other than Hilton. Not to mention their OL wasn't great and he was sacked a ton as well. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2814564-ranking-the-top-quarterbacks-from-the-2018-nfl-season

After the 2018 season Luck was considered the second best QB in the league. 

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2330912-br-nfl-1000-ranking-the-top-50-quarterbacks-from-2014

After the 2014 season Luck was considered the fourth best QB in the league.

Luck was never the 2nd best QB in the league. Potential wise, maybe, but people overrated him because he was one of the goat QB prospects.

He was a very good QB, but made alot of boneheaded mistakes and played recklessly. Look at his playoff numbers. I agree he didn't have the greatest surrounding cast and front office, and that maybe played a part in him playing hero ball often. But it always annoyed me how people anointed him the second coming far too early.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Agree to disagree.  Luck carried his Colts teams to the playoffs alone most years.  If you're going to value winning in your arguments as much as you do, then this has to be taken account of.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Dont see the Lawrence Rivers comp. Rivers at his prime doesn't have a arm like Lawrence and Rivers was never a mover. 

I would say his comp for me would be a taller Deshaun Watson. 

Lawrence isn't close to the athlete Watson is. Wentz might be a better comparison, but Lawrence doesn't have the arm strength you guys are acting like he does.  He falls off on a lot of his balls, much like Rivers.

18 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Rivers is a horrible comp. Lawrence has a really strong arm, that’s never been Rivers. Even Rivers best days, his arm was above-average. 

That's just not true.  He can throw it deep, but he has a weaker arm like Rivers.  Go back and watch some actual game footage in the playoffs last year.

16 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He's John Elway.

Um, no.

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Luck averaged 15 picks a year and had a career YPA of 7.2 which is absolutely terrible. He was a solid QB, and back-end of the Top 10, which is obviously really good. He lived up no where close to his draft hype of the next Peyton Manning. 

Luck was never a great decision maker. Maybe above-average at best.

Not saying the guy was a bad QB, he was a solid Top 10 QB his duration in the league, but you are massively overrating him here. He made dumb turnovers on a consistent basis for seven years. Did you not watch the man play....? I saw most of his games. His amazing natural talent bailed him out of his horrid decision making. 

You care about bulk stats wayyyy too much. Especially bulk yardage. 

Can't stop laughing at the my stats are better than your stats mentality.