2021 NFL Draft Thread

12 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

What happened to Leatherwood this year? I remember there was a ton of buzz around him a year ago saying he likely is a 1st rounder this draft. 

Gives up the edge pretty quick and struggles with speed rushers and/or creative rushers like Bosa/Von. Don't get me wrong, he wouldn't be a terrible RT, but I think he'd be below average. I see him as more of a top tier guard and spot starter at RT. 

I honestly wouldn’t mind Cosmi in the 1st. However, with a trade down to the 20’s. He’s a hard sell at 17. 

He’s a solid fit for Cables system and reminds me a lot of Kolton Miller. Very safe pick as well. RT starter for a decade. 

As of right now, if I had to bet money on what the Raiders pick is, I think it’s Sam Cosmi at 17. Parsons, Darrisaw will be gone. It checks Gruden and Mayocks boxes: A half round reach, a position of need, fits in Cable’s system, and a safe pick. 

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I honestly wouldn’t mind Cosmi in the 1st. However, with a trade down to the 20’s. He’s a hard sell at 17. 

I've said it before, there are 3 trade down scenarios that I'd love: 

• #17 (950) to Miami for #36 (540) | #50 (400)

• #17 (950) | #48 (420) | #79 (195) to Jacksonville for #25 (720) | #33 (580) | #65 (265)

• #17 (950) | #48 (420) to New York for #23 (760) | #34 (560)

• Like 1
7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

He’s a solid fit for Cables system and reminds me a lot of Kolton Miller. Very safe pick as well. RT starter for a decade. 

As of right now, if I had to bet money on what the Raiders pick is, I think it’s Sam Cosmi at 17. Parsons, Darrisaw will be gone. It checks Gruden and Mayocks boxes: A half round reach, a position of need, fits in Cable’s system, and a safe pick. 

I've been summoned.

Obviously I'm much higher than Cosmi than most. I think he has David Bakhtiari upside and is a much better prospect than Kolton Miller was. While I wouldn't' mind him at 17, I do think it would be a reach in the sense that the Raiders would likely be the highest he could go. The issue is, it's not like his tape is a trade secret. If I think highly of him I think it's plausible that other teams in the first round do, too. There are a bunch of teams in the second half of the first round who also may draft a tackle (Miami, Washington, Chicago, Indianapolis, Tennessee, NYJ, Baltimore, Green Bay, and KC), so trading back may mean the team gives up its shot to draft Cosmi or Jenkins, which I consider to round out the class of plug and play tackles.

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

I've been summoned.

Obviously I'm much higher than Cosmi than most. I think he has David Bakhtiari upside and is a much better prospect than Kolton Miller was. While I wouldn't' mind him at 17, I do think it would be a reach in the sense that the Raiders would likely be the highest he could go. The issue is, it's not like his tape is a trade secret. If I think highly of him I think it's plausible that other teams in the first round do, too. There are a bunch of teams in the second half of the first round who also may draft a tackle (Miami, Washington, Chicago, Indianapolis, Tennessee, NYJ, Baltimore, Green Bay, and KC), so trading back may mean the team gives up its shot to draft Cosmi or Jenkins, which I consider to round out the class of plug and play tackles.

Yep, and the early 2nd as well will see ol going , because that’s gonna be good value. Lots of teams dumped o line this offseason, we aren’t the only ones. I won’t be surprised people like spencer brown and walker little sneak into late 2nd at all.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I've said it before, there are 3 trade down scenarios that I'd love: 

• #17 (950) to Miami for #36 (540) | #50 (400)

• #17 (950) | #48 (420) | #79 (195) to Jacksonville for #25 (720) | #33 (580) | #65 (265)

• #17 (950) | #48 (420) to New York for #23 (760) | #34 (560)

Probably wouldn’t get Cosmi at 36 but the 17/48 for 23/34 is a very interesting trade. I’d pull the trigger on that. Seems like a very fair deal for both teams 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Heck of a player. Interested to see how he translates. Todays NFL, he's probably fine. 15-20 years ago, a CB would have put him in the dirt at the line of scrimmage. 

I think he'll be fine. He dogged a lot of the top corners That came out last year are coming out this year and will come out in the future. With some players you just can't question what they can do. Now would I draft him in the top 10 to find out? It would depend on who else I had on the roster.

My wish is that 2/3 of the 3 Stooges stop thinking they are smarter then the other Head Coaches and GMs ...the Raiders need TALENT AND PLEASE NOT A GUARD OR A RIGHT TACKLE AT 17 {THE THOUGHT OF A GUARD AT 17 SCARES ME TO NO END}...lets draft a player that other teams have to scheme for...for me at 17 ..Parsons...Caleb Farley....or if they can a trade down for Greg Newsome or Zaven Collins

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, lester said:

My wish is that 2/3 of the 3 Stooges stop thinking they are smarter then the other Head Coaches and GMs ...the Raiders need TALENT AND PLEASE NOT A GUARD OR A RIGHT TACKLE AT 17 {THE THOUGHT OF A GUARD AT 17 SCARES ME TO NO END}...lets draft a player that other teams have to scheme for...for me at 17 ..Parsons...Caleb Farley....or if they can a trade down for Greg Newsome or Zaven Collins

This is where I am too. I think you can get quality players at those positions later in the draft. The Raiders still need blue chip pass rusher or a MLB leader on defense.