2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Why not? If he’s the best player on the board, why wouldn’t you take him ? 

He might be a Top 12 player in the draft, but you shouldn't take Guards in the 1st unless you're a Super Bowl contender in my opinion. Guards are the easiest position on the roster to just kind of "fill-in". And there's much better value in the 2nd/3rd Rounds of the draft. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

He might be a Top 12 player in the draft, but you shouldn't take Guards in the 1st unless you're a Super Bowl contender in my opinion. Guards are the easiest position on the roster to just kind of "fill-in". And there's much better value in the 2nd/3rd Rounds of the draft. 

I get that but you could make the same argument for LBs. End of the day this team needs good players and if AVT is the best player on the board at #17 I’d take him. We need to get good players on this team not over drafting players who are needs/scheme fits. That’s why we picked Washington over Rodgers, Janikowski over Alexander etc. 

14 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I think Vera Tucker is a very good player, but I also think Cable drafts traits and he does not have long arms and therefore isnt in serious conversation in our pick. I think he'll do well for someone else though.

Interesting. Does the long arm thing apply to guards as well ? 

Edited by Dessie

13 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Interesting. Does the long arm thing stick for guards as well ? 

James Carpenter 34"
John Moffitt 33" (drafted)
JR Sweezy 34" (Cable moved him from DT to G too)
Mark Glowinski 33" (one year starter)
Germain Ifedi 36"
Justin Britt 33" (RT -> LG -> C)
Oday Aboushi 34"
Luke Joeckel 34"

edit: John Simpson is 34" as well

Edited by Trojan
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

How is this even a conversation. 11 of the top players in this class opted out. If they seriously pass on a player who opted out they deserve the pink slips that come with it.

Future press conference:

Mayock: You know, we just felt like passing on Sewell was necessary since he opted out. It was a hard, but well discussed decision. We thought Alex Leatherwood was a much safer pick.  

Just now, BayRaider said:

Future press conference:

Mayock: You know, we just felt like passing on Sewell was necessary since he opted out. It was a hard, but well discussed decision. We thought Alex Leatherwood was a much safer pick.  

Parson's is about to go 18 and I'm sick over it. 

Plus side... Jenkins opted out. 

4 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Parson's is about to go 18 and I'm sick over it. 

Plus side... Jenkins opted out. 

I can absolutely see something like Cosmi at 17 and Parsons at 18. Flores reportedly loves him. Now, I’d be ok with Cosmi at 17, wouldn’t love it and wouldn’t hate it, it’s a reach but only a slight reach imo. However, if we passed on Parsons for Cosmi.... think I’m done with football until Week 1, and even then, still ticked off. 

Still think Parsons goes Top 11 though. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I can absolutely see something like Cosmi at 17 and Parsons at 18. Flores reportedly loves him. Now, I’d be ok with Cosmi at 17, wouldn’t love it and wouldn’t hate it, it’s reach but only a slight reach imo. However, if we passed on Parsons, for Cosmi.... think I’m done with football until Week 1, and even then, still ticked off. 

Still think Parsons goes Top 11 though. 

Parsons to the Broncos at 9 confirmed.

Just now, Jerry said:

Everyone does.  If he isn't somehow dropping to us, he's going to Denver at 9.  I just don't see him falling to 17.  At all.

Me either. He’s going 8th, 9th, 11th, or 12th. And I’d bet good $ on 9th to Denver. 

Was just saying, in a hypothetical situation, I wouldn’t be shocked if we passed on him at 17 for a RT, cause you know..... Gruden gonna Gruden. 

• Like 1