2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@Frankie2Gunz You do realize Brady’s 2019 cast was by far the worst in the NFL? Watch them on tape. Outside of an always injured Edelmen, it was a horrible cast that even the 2018 Raiders put to shame. Go talk to neutral parties that aren’t Brady fans/pat fans, and clearly not this subforum who have hated the guy for 20 years. Brady has completely balled this season, outside of Payton which has had the Bucs number for years. Playing smart, arm looks sharp, and the deep ball is fully still there. I’m sure you have fully witnessed his deep ball against our own team. Absolute perfect uncoverable ball placement on two separate deep balls. 

"Brady is not having success just because of his cast. How about you watch football for once"?  So it is his supporting cast or not?  You literally make zero sense.  ZERO!!!!

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

"Brady is not having success just because of his cast. How about you watch football for once"?  So it is his supporting cast or not?  You literally make zero sense.  ZERO!!!!

Look at your sentence. “Just because of his cast”. You are giving 100% credit to the cast, in a complete black and white look. Has the cast helped? Sure. I’ve explained how Brady has balled though. Super smart decisions, arm still fully there, and still has a great deep ball. 

By your logic, Carr’s 2020 year is 100%, ALL his supporting cast, since Carr sucked in 2018 with a worse cast. This is literally your logic. You do understand that right...?

3 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Look at your sentence. “Just because of his cast”. You are giving 100% credit to the cast, in a complete black and white look. Has the cast helped? Sure. I’ve explained how Brady has balled though. Super smart decisions, arm still fully there, and still has a great deep ball. 

By your logic, Carr’s 2020 year is 100%, ALL his supporting cast, since Carr sucked in 2018 with a worse cast. This is literally your logic. You do understand that right...?

You're all over the place and are constantly backpedaling, it's flat out comical how everything you say is not well thought out and lacks logic.  I have never said it's 100 percent supporting cast, Brady still has to make the throws.  Implying that shows you literally have no clue what you're talking about and are grasping at straws so you don't look more foolish that you already have. 

BB moved on from Brady because he knew he could not win or have success with an average cast.  He had no backup plan in place and still chose to let Brady walk.  Are you telling that BB is wrong and you're right and BB let an elite QB who can have success no matter what his supporting cast is hit the streets???  LOL I hope you're not saying that.

Carr's increase in production this season is directly related to better offensive weapons, that is exactly what I am saying.  He finally has an average supporting cast and his numbers reflect the increase in surrounding talent.  It's hard to not increase talent over what we have had as Car has had one of the worst supporting casts YOY since his career in the NFL started.

Name the weapons that Carr had in 2018....  WR's, RB's and that D that makes this squad look like all stars LOL 

I'm still waiting for your list of building block QB's.....

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

14 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With Fields strong performance last night he may have cemented himself as QB2. Assuming Atlanta doesn't go QB at #4, we could get Zach Wilson by moving up to #6/7. 

What would that take? I'd give up our 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2021 and our 2nd in 2022 to go up and get Wilson. 

It cost Buffalo two current second round picks in the same year to go from 12 to 7. That's the most recent sightly comparable trade. Tennessee went from 15 to 8 for a 2 and 3, though that was during Cleveland's "we want all the picks" phase back in 2015.

I'd say you're not far off in a normal situation but it's maybe slightly more pricey.  If multiple teams are in on Wilson there though, it could get much worse (2022 first) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

With Fields strong performance last night he may have cemented himself as QB2. Assuming Atlanta doesn't go QB at #4, we could get Zach Wilson by moving up to #6/7. 

What would that take? I'd give up our 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2021 and our 2nd in 2022 to go up and get Wilson. 

That's too much draft capital to trade away for a QB imo. Those picks could be used to upgrade an atrocious defense.

21 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I would want to throw Carr in any deal to move up, even if it's a three team deal. I could see something like: Carr to the Colts, Washington, or Chicago + two 2021 firsts plus 2020 first to move up to 3, 4, or 5 for Wilson.

10 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

7th in points per drive. 31st in points given up per drive. And a coach that can't call plays in the RZ and it's Carr's fault? Really?

At this point there’s just some people that hate Carr and will say anything and find some way to bash him.  
Not to start a political argument.... just trying to give an analogy .... hypothetically is there was a US President who got the economy booming, was for the citizens and not the deep state, didn’t engage in any wars, etc etc there would still be people who would find reasons to hate him.  It’s the same way with Carr.

Carr ain’t perfect but he’s more than good enough

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I would want to throw Carr in any deal to move up, even if it's a three team deal. I could see something like: Carr to the Colts, Washington, or Chicago + two 2021 firsts plus 2020 first to move up to 3, 4, or 5 for Wilson.

So you're saying move on from Carr and trade three 1st round picks to move up to 3ish and draft Wilson?  You do realize how risky that move is.

What if Wilson turns out to be Blane Garrbert, Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeedon or Jake Locker? 

What do you suggest we do with a dumpster fire at the QB position and our draft future mortgaged?  A move like that and the player busting will set this franchise back at least 5 years.  

If that were to happen and Wilson is a bust Mayock is fired, no questions asked.  Do you really think Mayock is that stupid to take a risk like that? 

I would not be opposed to draft a young QB in the 4th or beyond but risking all of that capital on an unproven commodity is much too risky.  No chance Mayock would take a risk like that.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

So you're saying move on from Carr and trade three 1st round picks to move up to 3ish and draft Wilson?  You do realize how risky that move is.

What if Wilson turns out to be Blane Garrbert, Christian Ponder, Brandon Weeedon or Jake Locker? 

What do you suggest we do with a dumpster fire at the QB position and our draft future mortgaged?  A move like that and the player busting will set this franchise back at least 5 years.  

If that were to happen and Wilson is a bust Mayock is fired, no questions asked.  Do you really think Mayock is that stupid to take a risk like that? 

I would not be opposed to draft a young QB in the 4th or beyond but risking all of that capital on an unproven commodity is much too risky.  No chance Mayock would take a risk like that.

Yeah if a Wilson isn’t absolutely fantastic (we’d have very little assets to build the defense for him) then we’d be giving up some really really high 1st round picks over the next few years.

even if Wilson becomes a good, promising young QB it’d likely end up looking like Houston trading 2 1sts for Tunsil and then paying him 22M annually..... and those picks could have become Penei Sewell AND a top 5-10 pick.

And again.... how highly was Zach Wilson rated prior to this season?    He wasn’t on anyone’s radar... he was a mid round at best QB prospect.  That doesn’t mean he isn’t talented.... but it means there’s a good amount of risk involved with drafting him.  If he doesn’t become an elite QB it’d take 4 to 5 years rebound 

Edited by jimkelly02

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Yeah if a Wilson isn’t absolutely fantastic (we’d have very little assets to build the defense for him) then we’d be giving up some really really high 1st round picks over the next few years.

even if Wilson becomes a good, promising young QB it’d likely end up looking like Houston trading 2 1sts for Tunsil and then paying him 22M annually..... and those picks could have become Penei Sewell AND a top 5-10 pick.

And again.... how highly was Zach Wilson rated prior to this season?    He wasn’t on anyone’s radar... he was a mid round at best QB prospect.  That doesn’t mean he isn’t talented.... but it means there’s a good amount of risk involved with drafting him.  If he doesn’t become an elite QB it’d take 4 to 5 years rebound 

Exactly!

I would not be opposed to looking for aQB in the 4th and beyond where the risk is very limited. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

Giving up one 1st and 2nd to move up for a guy you think is your Franchise QB is hardly over paying. You guys are overrating draft capital. 

Am I endorsing this move? No. But if Mayock/Gruden feel they see a franchise QB about 8-10 picks ahead of them, a swap of 1sts, future 1st, and 2nd is a small price to pay to be honest. 

Would I do it for a swap of 1sts, and two1sts? No. That’s too much. 

A Franchise QB is worth much more than a 1st Round Pick. 

(And no, Carr is not a franchise QB for the 100th millionth time. Good QB. Capable starter. Not a Franchise guy, not sure how anyone can think that. One Top 10 QB season in seven years, and has his limitations.)

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Giving up one 1st and 2nd to move up for a guy you think is your Franchise QB is hardly over paying. You guys are overrating draft capital. 

Am I endorsing this move? No. But if Mayock/Gruden feel they see a franchise QB about 8-10 picks ahead of them, a swap of 1sts, future 1st, and 2nd is a small price to pay to be honest. 

Would I do it for a swap of 1sts, and two1sts? No. That’s too much. 

A Franchise QB is worth much more than a 1st Round Pick. 

(And no, Carr is not a franchise QB for the 100th millionth time. Good QB. Capable starter. Not a Franchise guy, not sure how anyone can think that. One Top 10 QB season in seven years, and has his limitations.)

This coming from a guy who thought Tua was a can't miss, franchise QB.  How is that evaluation looking now? LOL

If we trade up and draft a bum this team is set back 5 years.  

A GM trading up for a QB and moving on from a top 10 building block QB is putting his career on the line.  

I'm still waiting for your list of building block QB's SMH  You say that he is not a building block QB but refuse to give a list.  #hypocrite