2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

This coming from a guy who thought Tua was a can't miss, franchise QB.  How is that evaluation looking now? LOL

If we trade up and draft a bum this team is set back 5 years.  

A GM trading up for a QB and moving on from a top 10 building block QB is putting his career on the line.  

I'm still waiting for your list of building block QB's SMH  You say that he is not a building block QB but refuse to give a list.  #hypocrite 

I said IF Mayock and Gruden deem the QB a franchise guy. Not sure why you’re bringing my opinions into this. If they feel there is a franchise guy ahead of them, you pull the trigger. You’re underestimating a Franchise QB’s value, they easily compare to like four good starters. If Mayock and Gruden don’t feel Wilson or Lance are franchise guys, then you don’t trade up. That simple. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

I said IF Mayock and Gruden deem the QB a franchise guy. Not sure why you’re bringing my opinions into this. If they feel there is a franchise guy ahead of them, you pull the trigger. You’re underestimating a Franchise QB’s value, they easily compare to like four good starters. If Mayock and Gruden don’t feel Wilson or Lance are franchise guys, then you don’t trade up. That simple. 

GM's felt Trashbinski, Ponder, Weedon, EJ Manuel, Locker etc. were franchise QB's.  You do realize the tremendous risk of moving on from Carr and drafting a downgrade.  That is career suicide for a GM.  

The smart move is to build the D, get Carr a big, physical WR who thrives in the RZ and draft a QB project to develop in the 4th or later.  

That is how Mayock will remain the GM for years to come. 

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

GM's felt Trashbinski, Ponder, Weedon, EJ Manuel, Locker etc. were franchise QB's.  You do realize the tremendous risk of moving on from Carr and drafting a downgrade.  That is career suicide for a GM.  

The smart move is to build the D, get Carr a big, physical WR who thrives in the RZ and draft a QB project to develop in the 4th or later.  

That is how Mayock will remain the GM for years to come. 

Mayock is basically already on the hot seat almost, and I didn’t know you were smarter than NFL GM’s! If we did draft a QB I could only imagine the huge Frankie Meltdown, and claiming your vastly smarter and more intelligent than our current General Manager, in your “always right” complex you have. 

Edited by BayRaider

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mayock is basically already on the hot seat almost, and I didn’t know you were smarter than NFL GM’s! If we did draft a QB I could only imagine the huge Frankie Meltdown, and claiming your vastly smarter and more intelligent than our current General Manager, in your “always right” complex you have. 

It's not going to happen as Mayock is not that stupid.  If it did happen he better be 100 percent positive he is drafting a QB who is better than Carr or he will never be hired as a GM again. 

Also if that did happen I would hope that QB turns out to be the best young QB in the NFL.

We need to stop being scared and trade up to secure a pass rusher. You mean to tell me, you wouldn’t have traded both last year first and a 3rd for Chase Young. Our defense doesn’t need average starters, need a difference maker or two. We should trade up a bit to lock up this guy

then go out and spend big on Leonard Williams. Develop our young guys, play Littleton as a will in space, add a FS along the way, a good DC, and boom. Defense has potential

If Miami is there with the Texans 3rd overall pick and loves whoever of Lawrence/Fields/Wilson/Lance and wants to flip Tua... with his rookie season as it has been what would you give up to develop him behind Carr (or if you are also trading Carr competing with Mariota I guess)? Like if you dislike him, it's still obvious to trade something simply for the value of a backup with that cheap of a contract with upside and ability to win games.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly!

I would not be opposed to looking for aQB in the 4th and beyond where the risk is very limited. 

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly!

I would not be opposed to looking for aQB in the 4th and beyond where the risk is very limited. 

Desmond Ridder of Cincy would be a very intriguing option in the 4th I’d here there.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/desmond-ridder-1.html

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-top-10-quarterback-prospects

6’4 215  has nice arm and can run

If your gonna take a mid round chance on a QB you want them to have size, running ability, arm talent.... it’s not often mid round QBs have all 3

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Desmond Ridder of Cincy would be a very intriguing option in the 4th I’d here there.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/desmond-ridder-1.html

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2021-nfl-draft-top-10-quarterback-prospects

6’4 215  has nice arm and can run

If your gonna take a mid round chance on a QB you want them to have size, running ability, arm talent.... it’s not often mid round QBs have all 3

Similar to Love who went round 1. But I'd argue Ridder can deal from the pocket a lot better than Love. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Similar to Love who went round 1. But I'd argue Ridder can deal from the pocket a lot better than Love. 

He’s a very underrated prospect at the moment.  I think it may be because he’s an underclassman and there’s so many “ 1st round QBs “ right now it drives him down the rankings.

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ummm I wouldn’t say I’m smarter than Mayock (But I did Score a 126 IQ on my prison Orientation IQ test.... and I didn’t even try.... just saying).... but I will say my track record far far outperforms him.

I’m not saying we’d be perfect under myself as GM but it’s sad I’d do better then Mayock..... and thats frustrating because half of the stuff I say is basically common sense and from google searches

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Ummm I wouldn’t say I’m smarter than Mayock (But I did Score a 126 IQ on my prison Orientation IQ test.... and I didn’t even try.... just saying).... but I will say my track record far far outperforms him.

I’m not saying we’d be perfect under myself as GM but it’s sad I’d do better then Mayock..... and thats frustrating because half of the stuff I say is basically common sense and from google searches

Was talking to Frankie, but yes, Mayock has underperformed so far. I was the first to say it with Reggie, and I'll be the first to say it now. Mayock has to hit this next draft out of the park or he's on the hot seat. Might even be on the hot seat now.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Was talking to Frankie, but yes, Mayock has underperformed so far. I was the first to say it with Reggie, and I'll be the first to say it now. Mayock has to hit this next draft out of the park or he's on the hot seat. Might even be on the hot seat now.

I know I just wanted to jump in and mention my frustration.... that’s all.

I think it’ll take more than good draft.... he’ll have to show he can acquire a top FA talent .... he’s always striking out and settling on average players at high costs

Also... idk how he’s gonna crush the draft to be honest... 17 isn’t a great spot.... the prospects don’t align well with our needs.... his only shot is making a ton of moves up and down the board to tactically get some real values 

and speaking of outperforming my guy Kam Curl Of Washington is ballling out 

Edited by jimkelly02