2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

We need to stop being scared and trade up to secure a pass rusher. You mean to tell me, you wouldn’t have traded both last year first and a 3rd for Chase Young. Our defense doesn’t need average starters, need a difference maker or two. We should trade up a bit to lock up this guy

then go out and spend big on Leonard Williams. Develop our young guys, play Littleton as a will in space, add a FS along the way, a good DC, and boom. Defense has potential

I wouldn't trade up. We do need to add pass rushers from the inside for sure but I'm not trading up for extra picks. If it was Chase Young I'd make the trade for sure. This guy isn't worth the trade up.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think you would have to trade up for Gregory Rousseau. Teams ahead of them are not needy for a DE and I don’t think Gregory is the number 1 DE. I think you stay put and see if he’s there at 17. 

We'll have to see how he looks at the combine but it's risky spending a high pick on a guy that will have been away from football for a year and a half. 

Definitely an outside chance that Rousseau is there when we pick at 17 but I think he tests himself into the top 15. Taking him at 16 would be an ideal pick though imo.

17. Gregory Rousseau, Edge

49. Trevon Moehrig, FS

80. Darius Stills, IDL

Would be a great first three picks. And man I wish we didn't waste a top 32 pick on Abrams, so much good safety talent in this draft that we could have at such good value. Hufanga is my favorite player in the draft and would outperform JA but just no way to justify spending more capital on a box safety. 

1. Daviyon Nixon, DT Iowa
2. Jalen Twyman, DT Pitt
3. Trey Smith, G Tennessee
4. Dayo Odeyingbo, DE Vanderbilt

Kenny Golladay, WR Lions (let's be real Gruden will want his toy after not being able to play with the other ones he's been given, if the Lions new staff lets him go I think we'd view him as a rich version of Tyrell Williams and that tall super athlete like Martavis Bryant -- like whatever Gruden's plan was for them Golladay would make sense)

Ndamukong Suh, DT Buccaneers if he's around for some 6 to 8mil deal or whatever I could see us still being interested as a veteran one year type while we further develop draft picks.

Marcus Williams, FS Saints I assume NOLA has money issues so maybe this is the one we have a shot at.

QB: Carr
RB: Josh
WR: Golladay, Edwards
WR: Ruggs, Renfrow
TE: Waller
LT: Kolton
LG: Trey Smith/Richie
OC: Rodney Hudson
RG: John Simpson
RT: Trey Smith? Denzelle Good?

DE: Clelin, Dayo
DT: Nixon
DT: Suh/Twyman
DE: Maxx, Key
LB: Littleton
LB: Kwaitkoski
CB: Mullen/Arnette/Joyner/Johnson/Amik
FS: Marcus Williams
SS: Abram

Wade for DC and he'd be able to do Gruden's request for a 4 man front pretty easily since he single gaps in his 3-4 anyways it's just one more guy with his hand in the dirt. Only kept Joyner as a Wade guy as this gives a Wade's Rams guy at DL (Suh), LB (Littleton) and DB (Joyner)

Edited by Trojan

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Rousseau seems like a no-brainer but I don't see him falling to us.

This edge class looks good. I watched some Ossai and Jaelan Phillips today. Both look like 1st rounders to me. I will have to dig deep in the next few months to see who is best. Leaning toward Ojulari, but he's not as big rn. Definitely not soft though and can really really bend the edge.

20 hours ago, NYRaider said:

ETA: I don't want to keep rubbing it in but saying Hurts is already light years ahead of Jackson as a QB still has to be one of the worst takes in FF history. 

It’s pretty bad then again you were super high on M.Collins and Nassib 

1 hour ago, Totty said:

Can we take a later round flyer on Trey Sermon? Dude has had his lightbulb moment and looks... GREAT. 

I think he’d be a great late round pick.... I think there’s gonna be a lot of value in the mid to late rounds at RB.

Honestly, I don’t know what I think we should do with the RB position.

Richard is scheduled to make 3.5m.... and with Jacobs stepping up as a receiving RB that took Snaps from him.  He saw less snaps in the 2nd half of the season.  Theo Riddick was even being used instead of him.  3 years ago he has 68 catches... then 36 last year.... now 19.

I don’t think we can bring him back at 3.5m.  He’s shown he’s a good pass protector and money as a receiver.  Those option routes he runs in the middle of the field are near unstoppable.

if we could get him down to 1.75m id happily have him back.... but Anymore than that I wouldn’t.

booker surprised everyone’s expectations.... and he showed he can be a hard runner.  He won’t get any Big offers and could be brought back (most likely) for sub 2m (at most).  But do we try and upgrade from Him?  Do We draft his replacement in rounds 5-7?

While defense is priority, gonna wait to see if we deal Trent Brown leading up to the draft, or even during the draft. Solid 1st Round OT class. Not a great defensive first round class. The main position I like is CB.

If we did deal Brown, I'm liking the Notre Dame T Liam Eichenberg. How does Notre Dame keep producing these Tackles?