2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

13 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I don’t think you would have to trade up for Gregory Rousseau. Teams ahead of them are not needy for a DE and I don’t think Gregory is the number 1 DE. I think you stay put and see if he’s there at 17. 

Yeah.... he could def fall to 17. As you said there’s not a ton of teams before us that need a DE badly.

People get caught up on his sack total.... a lot of those weren’t “high level sacks” and he’s super raw and a lot of those sacks came from playing DT.  

he’s got the prototype body but he’s going to need to refine his skills a ton.  I wouldn’t expect year 1 success with him.  Dudes a real project.... which is why he could be there at 17.

45 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’s pretty bad then again you were super high on M.Collins and Nassib 

Was high on Collins but was never super high on Nassib just viewed him as a complimentary pass rusher. I'll admit I was wrong about Collins, he was horrible this season.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

If we did deal Brown, I'm liking the Notre Dame T Liam Eichenberg. How does Notre Dame keep producing these Tackles?

I feel like he may be there in the second if you can trade up. He won't be there with your second pick, but at least that's an easier move to make. Though I really like Darrisaw for where you are in the draft. 

Notre Dame and Iowa are just incredible in producing offensive lineman. ND has one of the best S&C programs in the country and of course those are some bright kids as is, and Iowa is just incredible at teaching actual line play

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Was high on Collins but was never super high on Nassib just viewed him as a complimentary pass rusher. I'll admit I was wrong about Collins, he was horrible this season.

Yeah... but you kinda were:

You said he was a starting caliber player and every time ditched and moaned about the contract you defended if vigorously.

you Also Said “Nassib only played roughly 55% of the Buccaneers snaps over the last two seasons and had a combined 25 QB hits and 12.5 sacks. If you bump him up to 75% of their snaps that'd project to around 8 sacks and 16 QB hits in a season. 

The next line you said you don’t love the terms but literally every time I complained.... which was an Annoying amount you defended it.

Nassib isn’t bad.... but just your average backup base end.... someone that’s a 1yr, 2.0M contract after the draft.   If you think he’s a great system fit and 3rd DE who can kick Inside in your system maybe you pay him 4m..... certainly not 7.75m and certainly not 9.5m in year 2 and absolutely “what are you smoking” not with 5.75m of that guaranteed at Signing.

the guaranteed money was always what made me irate because I knew there’s a very good chance he fails (75% fail rate IMO) and Now you can’t cut him and are paying him dang near 10m.... which could get you a really nice FS.  

You can essentially get the same production from Kendal Vickers a league minimum, from the CFL guy. There’s was zero chance he’d ever be worth 9.5m in year 2. Zero!

btw this is my friendly pay back for going against me (and nearly never with me) all offseason and TC. Lol.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

"And Randall compliments Abram because he has a ton of range and great ball skills so we'll be able to trust him in center field and bring Abram into the box more frequently."

This has to be the worst take in the history of this forum, bar-none, hands down. 

Randall couldn't make the team.

Show's his "scouting" sense. 😂

Edited by ronjon1990

2 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

"And Randall compliments Abram because he has a ton of range and great ball skills so we'll be able to trust him in center field and bring Abram into the box more frequently."

This has to be the worst take in the historyhistoris forum, bar-none, hands down. 

Randall couldn't make the team.

Show's his "scouting" sense. 😂

I will take the L too then. I have always thought that Randall is a decent free safety.

4 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

This edge class looks good. I watched some Ossai and Jaelan Phillips today. Both look like 1st rounders to me. I will have to dig deep in the next few months to see who is best. Leaning toward Ojulari, but he's not as big rn. Definitely not soft though and can really really bend the edge.

Phillips is a stud...from the U and former top prep in the country. Might be better than Rousseau. Phillips has elite traits, great athlete, and Can ball. Those the type of guys we need to target in the first. Go trenches the the 1st 3 picks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I bought the Randall hype too. The raider media was hyping him up as this perfect fit. I honestly didn’t follow the browns much to actually know much about him. I knew he was dumped by the Packers, and Browns dumped him quick. Should have been a red flag 

He looked like a very good fit next to Abram. I have no idea what happened to him since he never got any playing time after joining the Seahawks either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Phillips is a stud...from the U and former top prep in the country. Might be better than Rousseau. Phillips has elite traits, great athlete, and Can ball. Those the type of guys we need to target in the first. Go trenches the the 1st 3 picks...

I feel like Rousseau, Phillips, and Roche are all going to wind up Rd1-2 picks after testing. 

Miami has a ways yet to go as a team overall, but they're certainly going to be trending in the right direction if they keep churning out high quality picks. 

8 hours ago, BayRaider said:

While defense is priority, gonna wait to see if we deal Trent Brown leading up to the draft, or even during the draft. Solid 1st Round OT class. Not a great defensive first round class. The main position I like is CB.

If we did deal Brown, I'm liking the Notre Dame T Liam Eichenberg. How does Notre Dame keep producing these Tackles?

Who's trading for an oft injured RT making 14 mil a year?