2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

After some brief game film watching on Gregory Rousseau.... i can honestly say I might pass on him at 17.   I love the length... absolutely love it... but the lack of moves and the almost total lack of countermoves is crazy.  He’s a not pulling off what he did in college on OTs in the NFL.    I get coming out early cuz he was rated so high but I think it’s a really bad idea for his long term Prospects.  There’s definitely a lot to work with and mold, but he’s going to need a good DL coach and a few years.  We simply can’t wait til year 3 for him to be productive.... so i really hope someone just gets enamored with the upside and takes him before us.  

I hate to say it but I think there’s no one there for us at 17.... we gotta trade back into the 25-32 range if not again into the top of the second and stack picks. 

Combine will be major for him

i agree tho he’s verrrrrrry raw dare I say His teammate phillips has a higher floor.

this is what I hate about mediocre finishes it gives us mediocre draft standings. we’re stuck in mediocrity Which imo forces Mayock to reach lol

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

So far in two years since Mayock has been GM, we've yet to trade up or down. This is significant because we've had 5 first rounders. Do you think standing pat continues?

He’s a prude imo Playing poker face establishing that he not the gm to get worked. He’s gotta pop his cherry tho cause his reaches are questionable af

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

i agree tho he’s verrrrrrry raw dare I say His teammate phillips has a higher floor.

this is what I hate about mediocre finishes it gives us mediocre draft standings. we’re stuck in mediocrity Which imo forces Mayock to reach lol

studs get found in the mid to late first every year, its just a matter of making the right pick and not reaching on need. We have a lot less glaring needs, and hopefully after FA, we are FINALLY in position to pick BPA rather than filling a gaping hole. 

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Well he reached at 4 too.

We can get better picking at 17.... we just gotta trade down if there’s not good value

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Well he reached at 4 too.

We can get better picking at 17.... we just gotta trade down if there’s not good value

True. I wonder what trade downs mike has turned down? Were they really unreasonable or was he just tryna establish himself in this nfl world as a shrewd gm

Jaelan Phillips is better then Rousseau. One of the main things I like in a DE is powerful hands its something that made Mack the Elite pass rusher he is and Phillips has that trait to go along with everything you could ever want. 

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

This draft is loaded at QB. Prolly have like 6 QBs in the first 20 picks which Is good the Raiders. Better prospects will slide, I think 8-9 QBs will go in the first 2 rounds...

Where do you come up with this stuff? Because we all know you don't watch college football and have admitted as such.

And loaded... you have 3 safe bets in Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. Lance is a complete project. Trask, Mac Jones.... neither is worth 1st round pick. Who else? 

Where are the 6 QBs going top 20? lol

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

True. I wonder what trade downs mike has turned down? Were they really unreasonable or was he just tryna establish himself in this nfl world as a shrewd gm

I’d kill to know... literally.... then again I’d I knew I might want to kill Mayock lol.  
he admitted he turned down offers to move down into round 1, despite believing Arnette would still be there.  That’s documented on video coming out of his mouth.  The #4 Ferrell pick people say there were no trade up offers.... I can total BS, cuz I don’t believe no teams wanted to trade up for Josh Allen.

He might not have gotten the premium for the pick he wanted.... but it’s better to take something then nothing.

Imagine if we picked up few extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks in draft downs over the last 2 years.... wed have a lot more talent, but also a ton of cap space because we wouldn’t have needed to go out and overspend on subpar FAs that busted.... and would have carried over that cap room to this year..... it’s an issue that just compounds on its self several times 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Where do you come up with this stuff? Because we all know you don't watch college football and have admitted as such.

And loaded... you have 3 safe bets in Lawrence, Fields and Wilson. Lance is a complete project. Trask, Mac Jones.... neither is worth 1st round pick. Who else? 

Where are the 6 QBs going top 20? lol

I’m not here to defend him but im Guessing he’s seen mock drafts that have Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, Lance plus Trask going by the 20s and they snuck Jones in the end of round 1.... I don’t think that all happens I’m just saying there’s a ton of websites with mocks that have that.  

6 hours ago, Geezy said:

studs get found in the mid to late first every year, its just a matter of making the right pick and not reaching on need. We have a lot less glaring needs, and hopefully after FA, we are FINALLY in position to pick BPA rather than filling a gaping hole. 

Yes they do but are typically studs at undervalued positions like S, NT, and LBs.  If you want a stud at 3T, CB, or DE they normally go top ten.  It does not mean we will not find an impact player at a position of need though.  It is just less likely.

4 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Jaelan Phillips is better then Rousseau. One of the main things I like in a DE is powerful hands its something that made Mack the Elite pass rusher he is and Phillips has that trait to go along with everything you could ever want. 

He's really "rising" in a loaded edge class. I need to watch him more.

40 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Yes they do but are typically studs at undervalued positions like S, NT, and LBs.  If you want a stud at 3T, CB, or DE they normally go top ten.  It does not mean we will not find an impact player at a position of need though.  It is just less likely.

S and LB are still needs. 

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’d kill to know... literally.... then again I’d I knew I might want to kill Mayock lol.  
he admitted he turned down offers to move down into round 1, despite believing Arnette would still be there.  That’s documented on video coming out of his mouth.  The #4 Ferrell pick people say there were no trade up offers.... I can total BS, cuz I don’t believe no teams wanted to trade up for Josh Allen.

He might not have gotten the premium for the pick he wanted.... but it’s better to take something then nothing.

Imagine if we picked up few extra 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks in draft downs over the last 2 years.... wed have a lot more talent, but also a ton of cap space because we wouldn’t have needed to go out and overspend on subpar FAs that busted.... and would have carried over that cap room to this year..... it’s an issue that just compounds on its self several times 

Who knows what was offered, but yeah I think everyone can call BS on the "nobody bit" line. Someone will always entertain a top 5 pick. 100%. There's virtually never "nothing" offered. 

15 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I was watching a Rousseau highlight video yesterday, and it seemed more like a Phillips highlight reel to me. Not knowing the alignment or anything, I just tried to follow where the play was being disrupted, and my eyes went to Phillips almost every time. Roche a few times too. 

• Like 1