2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I told you guys, this dude is the truth. I saw so many people give him a second round grade, dude is the best interior DL prospect in the class. 

He gets the pass rush by shooting a gap not by using pass rushing moves. That's gonna be a problem in the NFL.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He gets the pass rush by shooting a gap not by using pass rushing moves. That's gonna be a problem in the NFL.

That is very true.  Also, a lot of his pressures + sacks come on on twists and stunts, which does translate to the NFL but becomes much harder to pull off at the next level.

The Athletic mock draft 

17. Las Vegas Raiders — Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB, Notre Dame
With his explosive nature, Owusu-Koramoah could easily be a top-10 pick, although his role will vary depending on scheme. That will cloud his projection. One of the few certainties with the Raiders’ defense? It needs athletic playmakers and Owusu-Koramoah could fill that void.

48. Las Vegas Raiders — Jay Tufele, DT, USC

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

If he goes to the right team and is coached up he has a chance to be a dominant player. He dominated down the stretch despite being pretty raw from a technical standpoint and technique can be taught.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If he goes to the right team and is coached up he has a chance to be a dominant player. He dominated down the stretch despite being pretty raw from a technical standpoint and technique can be taught.

He had 3 years at Alabama to learn. That's what scares me if he was from a small school I'll be okay with it.

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

The Athletic mock draft 

With his explosive nature, Owusu-Koramoah could easily be a top-10 pick, although his role will vary depending on scheme. That will cloud his projection. One of the few certainties with the Raiders’ defense? It needs athletic playmakers and Owusu-Koramoah could fill that void.

Would absolutely love this

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

What’s with the slow start seems like he plays well in every game I don’t watch

He was dealing with injuries coming into the season. As soon as he got healthy, he dominated. Over their last 6 games he had 23 tackles, 6 sacks, 7 TFL, 3 FF. 

2 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He had 3 years at Alabama to learn. That's what scares me if he was from a small school I'll be okay with it.

He's 21 years old and only has like 11 starts in college. He has room to grow but there's no denying he dominated the second half of the season for them.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

That is very true.  Also, a lot of his pressures + sacks come on on twists and stunts, which does translate to the NFL but becomes much harder to pull off at the next level.

He has the size, length, athleticism, strength, and quickness to be a dominant 3T both in run support and as a pass rusher. 

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

He was dealing with injuries coming into the season. As soon as he got healthy, he dominated. Over their last 6 games he had 23 tackles, 6 sacks, 7 TFL, 3 FF. 

Kinda hesitant cause in high school he was one of those huge kids dominating undersized hs’rs. Kids like that don’t usually develop technique cause they’ve been winning with size since pop warner days. Gotta watch more of him. He was barely doing anything vs LSU 

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I like the Tufele pick and think he'd be a great value at #48. Not sure how if I'd like JOK at #17 though. He's definitely athletic and versatile but where does he play? We usually only have 2 LB on the field and you'd hope that Kwit/Littleton can improve in a a better scheme. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kinda hesitant cause in high school he was one of those huge kids dominating undersized hs’rs. Kids like that don’t usually develop technique cause they’ve been winning with size since pop warner days. Gotta watch more of him. He was barely doing anything vs LSU 

Ohio State had Josh Myers (1st/2nd round pick) at C and Wyatt Davis (1st/2nd round pick) at OG last night and he absolutely destroyed them. 

Here he is destroying Josh Myers, the consensus #1 C in the draft, in a short yardage situation. 

Edited by NYRaider