Jump to content

2021 NFL Draft Thread


Recommended Posts

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-segars-january/2/

Looking at random mock drafts.  Guy has us picking a CB, Jaycee Horn, with Rousseau and JOK going right after.  I don't think a lot of posters here would agree with this one.  But I saw him in another below mock draft so maybe he's good?  What say you, oh great forum posters???

https://walterfootball.com/draft2021_1.php

Kwity Paye in this one.  I think I've seen some posters bring him up.

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/2021-nfl-mock-draft-50-first-round-pick-projections-after-divisional-round

Christian Barmore in this one.  Seen some posters mention him.  Can't recall if they said in the first though.  Kwity Paye and JOK go after him.

https://247sports.com/ContentGallery/2021-NFL-Mock-Draft-145681526/#145681526_11

Didn't realize JaMarr Chase looks like J. Abram.  At least in the photo they have on this site.  Get JOK here.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/mock_draft

Jaycee Horn again.  Trevon Moehrig in the second.  Rashad Weaver in the third.  I think this might be a pretty good draft if we address the DL in FA.  What do others think?

https://sportsnaut.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-predicting-top-picks/

Zaven Collins in this one.  Don't agree with their assessment of the team though regarding C. Littleton.  Rousseau and JOK go like 5-10 picks later.  

Anyway, just wanted to gather this info all in one spot for others to comment on.  NOW GO!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jerry said:

Just looking at this post without even looking at the player makes me hesitant to draft him at all.  Played really well 2 years ago, was average 1 year ago, sat out this year, and is now someone you would like in the third or fourth.  I'd rather us draft him on day 3 or pick him up as an UDFA rookie.  I mean of course guys like LSU's WR that sat out this season is clearly a first round talent, guys that had "meh" years before the most recent are more "yellow" or "red" flag type players IMO.  Anyway, I don't follow college enough to really have an influential opinion, I'm just saying reading your post, I'd just rather not.  I'd rather us go after a CB in the third or fourth that was "meh" and actually played this year.  Lol.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m kinda mad we have kwit and little maybe kwit a lil more but I wanna draft a lb so dam bad tired of teams throw away fa’s cause seem like their replacement is always better

semi final Top 3 Mlb list

1) Bolton mizz 

2) mcgrone mich

3) Notre dame crazy name 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’m kinda mad we have kwit and little maybe kwit a lil more but I wanna draft a lb so dam bad tired of teams throw away fa’s cause seem like their replacement is always better

semi final Top 3 Mlb list

1) Bolton mizz 

2) mcgrone mich

3) Notre dame crazy name 

Eh? You're mad at Kwiatkoski.......he seems like a very decent player to me. Amidst all the rubble on D I thought he played very well this year plus we draft LBs every year in the mid to late rounds, none of which has panned out 🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Eh? You're mad at Kwiatkoski.......he seems like a very decent player to me. Amidst all the rubble on D I thought he played very well this year plus we draft LBs every year in the mid to late rounds, none of which has panned out 🤔

Kwit is too slow imo bears ditched him and didn’t miss him. We stay getting teams sloppy seconds 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Kwit is too slow imo bears ditched him and didn’t miss him. We stay getting teams sloppy seconds 

It's because their starter went down and he played really well.  Couldn't afford to keep him with the starter coming back.  He was going to test FA because he knew he would get more money on the market than from the Bears to remain a backup.  They didn't "ditch" him, just couldn't afford to pay him.  Their cap management is crap.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jerry said:

I won't be able to access this video for a while.  I'll look at it when I can.  Thanks!

Quote

 

Paulson Adebo aligns at cornerback for the Cardinal defense. He plays the position with very good athleticism, as evidenced by his hips and his overall agility while in coverage. He is a loose athlete with the hip flexibility to open and run upfield. He demonstrates good agility in off coverage to close separation at the top of the route. He plays with the instincts and football IQ necessary to thrive in zone situations. He has very good ball skills to locate and track, while also demonstrating the competitiveness to close and get his hands on the football

Ideal Role: Outside-only cornerback with the potential to be an NFL starter.

Scheme Fit: He has the schematic versatility and skill set to play in any NFL scheme.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Talking about Jaycee Horn, I am kinda more interested (at likely 2nd or 3rd I'd think over Horn in the 1st) in his teammate Israel Mukuamu who fits that 6'3" CB profile we've swung at a few times (Keith McGill and Sean Smith come to mind) that might be able to develop into the kind of guy you put on Kelce (though probably not to the best results year 1 lol). He destroyed Jake Fromm (South Carolina v. Georgia) if you wanna see a good one. Could develop into Johnathan Abram SS insurance/back up if his hips don't rotate enough for corner and/or Abram gets hurt/fails.

Edited by Trojan
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Jerry said:

@NYRaider

Thanks!

I agree that it is risky to take a chance on a guy that hasn't played in a year. But the draft is about finding guys with traits, not so much what you are right now but what do you have the potential to be going forward. Our draft strategy of focusing on players who dominated in college despite having limited potential from a physical standpoint is the reason we reached on guys like Ferrell and Arnette in the 1st round. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 2:23 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

Kylin Hill is a fantastic SEC RB who I think will be pushed down to the 4th round by positional value. He'd be a steal for this team there.

I like Hill a lot, it's disappointing that he only played 3 games for them this year but I remember him absolutely lighting up LSU the 1st game of the year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I agree that it is risky to take a chance on a guy that hasn't played in a year. But the draft is about finding guys with traits, not so much what you are right now but what do you have the potential to be going forward. Our draft strategy of focusing on players who dominated in college despite having limited potential from a physical standpoint is the reason we reached on guys like Ferrell and Arnette in the 1st round. 

Hunter. Renfrow.  LImited potential, height, clearly in his mid 40s, bench presses green grapes.  Superstar.  Third and Renfrow.  Possibly the best slot WR we've ever had.  

I agree with your assessment ICO first round players.  We do need to focus more on potential than production at times.  But with late round picks, It's better to have someone with a high floor and low ceiling than to have someone with a low floor (bust) and possibly high ceiling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree with your assessment ICO first round players.  We do need to focus more on potential than production at times.  But with late round picks, It's better to have someone with a high floor and low ceiling than to have someone with a low floor (bust) and possibly high ceiling.

I disagree, I think finding starting players with potential in later rounds is how you build a winning team. You said Renfrow but you can also say the same for Foster Moreau and Maxx Crosby, two guys who weren't extremely productive in college and were considered more "traits" prospects and they look like good picks for us going forward. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...