2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

11 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Where have you been? He thinks Waller is overrated. It's been my favorite joke since about November

Guess I missed that post.  Alright, really puts into perspective who I'm dealing with.  Mr. Negative Nancy.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bruh he gave us the best LB play we've had in years, coverage included.

Kwit is solid starting MLB, a lot better then anything we had in awhile. If there is can’t miss LB prospect Kwit can even switch to SLB. He’s fits the SLB or MLB mold...Kwit might be at at his ceiling, I would only move him if we see a star in the making MLB....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Kwit is solid starting MLB, a lot better then anything we had in awhile. If there is can’t miss LB prospect Kwit can even switch to SLB. He’s fits the SLB or MLB mold...Kwit might be at at his ceiling, I would only move him if we see a star in the making MLB....

Last year was Kwit's first season as a full-time starter, he dealt with injuries, played behind a bad DL, and still managed to have a solid year. He's 27 going on 28 so he's just now entering his prime as well, I think he and Littleton should both continue to improve if we make upgrades to the DL and Bradley's scheme proves to be more effective than Guenthers. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Last year was Kwit's first season as a full-time starter, he dealt with injuries, played behind a bad DL, and still managed to have a solid year. He's 27 going on 28 so he's just now entering his prime as well, I think he and Littleton should both continue to improve if we make upgrades to the DL and Bradley's scheme proves to be more effective than Guenthers. 

Agree, a trash dline makes the linebackers life hard. Add in Paul G juco defensive strategy and Kwit was still solid. I’ll be surprised if he reaches all pro status but I see him as asset going into the future. Steady, and solid vet MLB

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Agree, a trash dline makes the linebackers life hard. Add in Paul G juco defensive strategy and Kwit was still solid. I’ll be surprised if he reaches all pro status but I see him as asset going into the future. Steady, and solid vet MLB

If we can improve the DL I think Littleton/Kwit can both be good players for us this season. 

Had a quick break this afternoon and the mock bug bit so here is a little something!

Cuts:

-Larmarcus Joyner

-Tyrell Williams

-Richie Incognito

Free Agency/Resigns:

-Denzelle Good, IOL (resign) I want to keep continuity on the OL and Good has earned the right to be paid like an average starter, he can take over Incognito's spot without a doubt, no need to create more holes than we already have. 

-Nelson Agholor, WR (resign) Pretty obvious resign here. He thrived in this system and if we can actually utilize Ruggs/Edwards then I expect even more impact from Agholor as a true 2/3 instead of parading as a 1. 

-Nicholas Morrow, LB (resign) Good depth and has played all over our defense same idea imo as good but I believe NM is depth only, not a starter moving forward. I doubt he gets starter money somewhere else to be honest.

-Melvin Ingram, Edge (FA) we need impact pass rushers and yes there is an injury history here coupled with higher than ideal age but I believe he can still play and if Bradley signs off on it I really think Ingram would be an ideal player to come in and gives us some juice and experience off the edge.

-Justin Simmons, FS (FA) until there is more smoke about him returning a guy can dream okay. He would be a great fit in Bradley's scheme and frees up JA to do what he does best.

Draft:

1.17 - Kwity Paye, Edge Michigan

Paye really does fit the mold of what Mayock has identified as his ideal high round picks. He comes into a situation where we already have Clelin, Maxx, and Ingram so there isn't huge pressure to produce right away but he can when called upon. At 6'4 280 Paye has the size to move all around the front line and adds to the stable of horses we are gathering this offseason to get after the QB.

2.49 - Jay Tufele, IDL USC

One of my favorite players in this draft and a homer pick for sure as I've seen every snap of his at SC. Tufele is incredibly versatile (noticing a pattern?) and has great get off and lateral agility for a 300+ pounder. When he got to SC he made noise as a freshman and has gotten significantly better each year. I truly believe if he didn't sit out this past year and had a combine to test out in he would be a consensus first rounder. I hope we can snag him in the middle of the 2nd round. 

3.80 - Joe Tryon, OLB Washington

His stock continues to rise and he may be more of a 1/2 than a 2/3 when it's all said and done but I'll put him in round 3 for now. Tryon can rush with a hand in the dirt or from an OLB position and I think he fits well into Bradley's scheme. You can see a pattern in this first three picks...get after Mahomes! Tryon is incredibly loose and explosive and is pretty fluid for his size when asked to play the edge and move laterally.  

4. 121 - Caden Sterns, S Texas

Another player whose stock I think will rise as the process (what's left of it) continues to play out. He's not a true single high safety but with the addition of Simmons and JA in place already we need talent on the backend to provide depth and versatility. IMO Sterns can play either spot in a pinch and can excel on ST's early on in his career.

5. 161 - Ambry Thomas, CB Michigan

One of my favorite mid-late round CB targets. I think we have decent talent at CB but we saw this year how quickly that can change with injuries. Good CB's rarely make it to FA and when they do they are incredibly overpaid. I like Thomas a developmental prospect that can provide depth and ST's play year one. 

7. 244 - Tamorrion Terry, WR Florida State

Has great size at 6'4 200+ pounds but really never put it all together at FSU. Now we know FSU hasn't exactly been a pillar of stability and good QB play the last few years so I think TT's underperformance isn't all on him. He does need to be more aggressive at times and you'd like to see less drops but in the 7th round he is exactly the type of player this offense can take a flyer on with 0 pressure for him to perform year 1. He can take the place of Ateman lol

Overall I would've liked to get at least one trade back done to pick up an OL but I plan on doing a more in depth mock off season later if that's something people are interested in with more write ups, numbers, and graphics. Obviously this mock was incredibly defensive heavy and I don't see it any other way to be honest. Our offense is sufficient as is, we need to invest FA money and draft capital into the defense. I would like to sign add one more WR in FA/draft as well. 

Quick Depth Chart (may have forgotten some FA's/resigns)

Offense:

QB: Derek Carr // Marcus Mariota

RB: Josh Jacobs // Devontae Booker // Jalen Richard

FB: Alec Ingold

WR: Nelson Agholor // Bryan Edwards // Tamorrion Terry

WR: Henry Ruggs // Zay Jones

Slot: Hunter Renfrow

TE: Darren Waller // Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller // Brandon Parker

LG: Denzelle Good // John Simpson

C : Rodney Hudson // Andre James

RG: Gabe Jackson // John Simpson

RT: Trent Brown // Sam Young

Defense:

Edge: Clelin Ferrel // Kwity Paye

DT: Jonathan Hankins // Jay Tufele

DT: Maurice Hurst // Kendall Vickers

Edge: Carl Nassib // Maxx Crosby

OLB/Edge: Melvin Ingram // Joe Tryon

LB: Nick Kwiatkowski // Raekwon McMillian

LB: Corey Littleton // Nicholas Morrow

CB: Trayvon Mullen // Isaiah Johnson // Keisean Nixon

CB: Damon Arnette // Nevin Lawson //  Amik Robertson // Ambry Thomas

FS: Justin Simmons // Erik Harris // Caden Stearns

SS: Jonathan Abrams // Jeff Heath

Thanks for making it this far and cheers!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Had a quick break this afternoon and the mock bug bit so here is a little something!

Cuts:

-Larmarcus Joyner

-Tyrell Williams

-Richie Incognito

Free Agency/Resigns:

-Denzelle Good, IOL (resign) I want to keep continuity on the OL and Good has earned the right to be paid like an average starter, he can take over Incognito's spot without a doubt, no need to create more holes than we already have. 

-Nelson Agholor, WR (resign) Pretty obvious resign here. He thrived in this system and if we can actually utilize Ruggs/Edwards then I expect even more impact from Agholor as a true 2/3 instead of parading as a 1. 

-Nicholas Morrow, LB (resign) Good depth and has played all over our defense same idea imo as good but I believe NM is depth only, not a starter moving forward. I doubt he gets starter money somewhere else to be honest.

-Melvin Ingram, Edge (FA) we need impact pass rushers and yes there is an injury history here coupled with higher than ideal age but I believe he can still play and if Bradley signs off on it I really think Ingram would be an ideal player to come in and gives us some juice and experience off the edge.

-Justin Simmons, FS (FA) until there is more smoke about him returning a guy can dream okay. He would be a great fit in Bradley's scheme and frees up JA to do what he does best.

Draft:

1.17 - Kwity Paye, Edge Michigan

Paye really does fit the mold of what Mayock has identified as his ideal high round picks. He comes into a situation where we already have Clelin, Maxx, and Ingram so there isn't huge pressure to produce right away but he can when called upon. At 6'4 280 Paye has the size to move all around the front line and adds to the stable of horses we are gathering this offseason to get after the QB.

2.49 - Jay Tufele, IDL USC

One of my favorite players in this draft and a homer pick for sure as I've seen every snap of his at SC. Tufele is incredibly versatile (noticing a pattern?) and has great get off and lateral agility for a 300+ pounder. When he got to SC he made noise as a freshman and has gotten significantly better each year. I truly believe if he didn't sit out this past year and had a combine to test out in he would be a consensus first rounder. I hope we can snag him in the middle of the 2nd round. 

3.80 - Joe Tryon, OLB Washington

His stock continues to rise and he may be more of a 1/2 than a 2/3 when it's all said and done but I'll put him in round 3 for now. Tryon can rush with a hand in the dirt or from an OLB position and I think he fits well into Bradley's scheme. You can see a pattern in this first three picks...get after Mahomes! Tryon is incredibly loose and explosive and is pretty fluid for his size when asked to play the edge and move laterally.  

4. 121 - Caden Sterns, S Texas

Another player whose stock I think will rise as the process (what's left of it) continues to play out. He's not a true single high safety but with the addition of Simmons and JA in place already we need talent on the backend to provide depth and versatility. IMO Sterns can play either spot in a pinch and can excel on ST's early on in his career.

5. 161 - Ambry Thomas, CB Michigan

One of my favorite mid-late round CB targets. I think we have decent talent at CB but we saw this year how quickly that can change with injuries. Good CB's rarely make it to FA and when they do they are incredibly overpaid. I like Thomas a developmental prospect that can provide depth and ST's play year one. 

7. 244 - Tamorrion Terry, WR Florida State

Has great size at 6'4 200+ pounds but really never put it all together at FSU. Now we know FSU hasn't exactly been a pillar of stability and good QB play the last few years so I think TT's underperformance isn't all on him. He does need to be more aggressive at times and you'd like to see less drops but in the 7th round he is exactly the type of player this offense can take a flyer on with 0 pressure for him to perform year 1. He can take the place of Ateman lol

Overall I would've liked to get at least one trade back done to pick up an OL but I plan on doing a more in depth mock off season later if that's something people are interested in with more write ups, numbers, and graphics. Obviously this mock was incredibly defensive heavy and I don't see it any other way to be honest. Our offense is sufficient as is, we need to invest FA money and draft capital into the defense. I would like to sign add one more WR in FA/draft as well. 

Quick Depth Chart (may have forgotten some FA's/resigns)

Offense:

QB: Derek Carr // Marcus Mariota

RB: Josh Jacobs // Devontae Booker // Jalen Richard

FB: Alec Ingold

WR: Nelson Agholor // Bryan Edwards // Tamorrion Terry

WR: Henry Ruggs // Zay Jones

Slot: Hunter Renfrow

TE: Darren Waller // Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller // Brandon Parker

LG: Denzelle Good // John Simpson

C : Rodney Hudson // Andre James

RG: Gabe Jackson // John Simpson

RT: Trent Brown // Sam Young

Defense:

Edge: Clelin Ferrel // Kwity Paye

DT: Jonathan Hankins // Jay Tufele

DT: Maurice Hurst // Kendall Vickers

Edge: Carl Nassib // Maxx Crosby

OLB/Edge: Melvin Ingram // Joe Tryon

LB: Nick Kwiatkowski // Raekwon McMillian

LB: Corey Littleton // Nicholas Morrow

CB: Trayvon Mullen // Isaiah Johnson // Keisean Nixon

CB: Damon Arnette // Nevin Lawson //  Amik Robertson // Ambry Thomas

FS: Justin Simmons // Erik Harris // Caden Stearns

SS: Jonathan Abrams // Jeff Heath

Thanks for making it this far and cheers!

A for effort, I'd be happy with your draft and free agency moves. 

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@CaliforniaKid7 I haven't seen much Kwity Paye personally but how much potential do you think he has as a pass rusher? He only had 8.5 sacks in his last 16 games at Michigan. 

I personally think he has the potential to be a 10 sack a year guy. He’s a freak athlete and he’d kill the combine if it was happening. Definitely needs to put it all together but I think him coming in and not having to be the guy right away is huge. I see him getting sacks at edge and from an interior DL position.  He’d thrive in a multiple front defense like Bradley’s and he’s got way more juice than Ferrell. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... Where have you been? He thinks Waller is overrated. It's been my favorite joke since about November

the amount you gone on about this though, id argue that Waller is over rated by some. 

You act like Waller is in a league of his own. That would be overrated. 
Waller is as close to the elite tier as they come. He may be in it.

But if you say he is without a doubt on Kelces tier, and seeing that Kelce earned every all pro vote, that would classify you as over rating Waller, no?

12 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

the amount you gone on about this though, id argue that Waller is over rated by some. 

You act like Waller is in a league of his own. That would be overrated. 
Waller is as close to the elite tier as they come. He may be in it.

But if you say he is without a doubt on Kelces tier, and seeing that Kelce earned every all pro vote, that would classify you as over rating Waller, no?

I don't rank him in Kelce's tier and have never acted like his any league of his own. Hardly mention him outside making fun of Ncough. 

He's a top 3-5 TE for me.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't rank him in Kelce's tier and have never acted like his any league of his own. Hardly mention him outside making fun of Ncough. 

He's a top 3-5 TE for me.

hah fair enough, I didnt know the context of how it was said, so probably shouldve just left it.

3-5 is where I had him this season. 
He is 3rd for me
Kelce
Kittle
Waller
and Waller really closed the gap end of season

• Like 1