2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

That Arnette pick really screwed us... you don’t spend the 19th pick in a guy who has a ceiling to be a CB2 or Nickle.... I’m really liking Jaycee Horn, guy has a ceiling to be a star.. But I would hate to draft corner again, and to draft 3 corners high in 3 years...

CB may still be in play if we are willing to try Arnette in the slot and cut Joyner or move him to FS.  If we could have three solid starters on rookie contracts for what is an expensive position is not bad.  If we can lock up most of the front seven in FA I would not be against it if he is the best player on the board.

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Yeah idk if that is winning football, drafting corners high every year... reminds me of Matt Millen drafting WRs every year, or AL Davis always drafting guys like Fabian Washington over Aaron Rodgers...

Do not bring up 2005.  Everybody knew Collins was not a long term solution for us and a QB being talked about as the possible first or second pick in the draft falls in our laps.  What do we do?  Of course we draft the fastest player in the draft.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Do not bring up 2005.  Everybody knew Collins was not a long term solution for us and a QB being talked about as the possible first or second pick in the draft falls in our laps.  What do we do?  Of course we draft the fastest player in the draft.

Lol yeah... I still remember being pissed we passed on Rodgers... made no sense 

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

If there was ever a season where we should just trade picks for proven vets, this is it.

And trade down in the first and load up on picks in rounds 2-5!

not to mention there’s a ton of underclass man who declared and seem quite undervalued within the first 4 rounds.

Edited by jimkelly02

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

not to mention there’s a ton of underclass man who declared and seem quite undervalued within the first 4 rounds.

I always want to trade down too curious what’s your ideal but realist first round trade down for us?

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I doubt it happens, would have made too much sense to do it the last two years...

I’d say no or Indy would like jones the qb  from bama and might wanna trade up we’re picking from a bad spot tho

Edited by NCOUGHMAN

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea I liked chase but moved on to maxx after some off field stuff. 

craziest thing one year Detroit copied the first three rounds of my mock.

ziggy, slay , Warford

that hella pissed me off I think we got dj that year

That is pretty crazy.  Ziggy and Slay were pretty good from what I can recall off the top of my head.  Not bad picks at all.  Don't recall who Warford is.  I don't follow college enough to write up a list of players I want through 3 rounds.  I typically follow just enough to figure out who I want in the first.  I did know though that I definitely wanted Winovich in the second.  I wanted him drafted with Mullens pick.  I can't recall exactly how I wanted it but I wanted Montez Sweat with one of our late firsts and I wanted Winovich in the second.  I recall wanting to trade back that draft.  Didn't feel a DE warranted the #4 pick after the first DE went off the board.  Would've been pretty cool to get Devin White at 4, Montez Sweat late in the first, and Winovich in the second, then Crosby in the 5th.  We would have solidified the DE position in one draft.

14 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

That would make since if it was not for the cap.  Maybe trade down and see how many picks in the late 3rd and early 4th you can get.  There should be more than a handful of good players that are going to slip through the cracks.

I agree.  Just saying if we wanted to trade away a pick or two for a proven vet on a reasonable contract, then this IMO, would be the time.

8 minutes ago, Jerry said:

That is pretty crazy.  Ziggy and Slay were pretty good from what I can recall off the top of my head.  Not bad picks at all.  Don't recall who Warford is.  I don't follow college enough to write up a list of players I want through 3 rounds.  I typically follow just enough to figure out who I want in the first.  I did know though that I definitely wanted Winovich in the second.  I wanted him drafted with Mullens pick.  I can't recall exactly how I wanted it but I wanted Montez Sweat with one of our late firsts and I wanted Winovich in the second.  I recall wanting to trade back that draft.  Didn't feel a DE warranted the #4 pick after the first DE went off the board.  Would've been pretty cool to get Devin White at 4, Montez Sweat late in the first, and Winovich in the second, then Crosby in the 5th.  We would have solidified the DE position in one draft.

Warford was an OG.  I really like Sweat and would have taken him over Ferrel.  Trade down was the proper move if we were not going to go after White, Allen, or Oliver.  2019 draft still bothers me.

Just took a peak at the 2019 draft and there were 9 front 7 players I would have taken over Ferrel.  I would not have drafted them #4 but I would not have drafted Ferrel at 4 either.

Edited by drfrey13

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I'm completely onboard with this.  Better to have multiple darts to hit the target than just one.  

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I agree.  Just saying if we wanted to trade away a pick or two for a proven vet on a reasonable contract, then this IMO, would be the time.

Definitely and Gruden would probably prefer that.  Just as long as it is not a 3rd for a Steelers WR.