2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

41 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Levi Onwuzurike is my top DT in the class currently. Opted out of 2020, so not getting talked about much but he was disruptive at UW the prior season. Long and athletic

Also like Joe Tryon Edge from UW

Good year for tackle as well. Should be able to find a nice one in round 2 or 3

He's flashed a lot. Not super super consistent, but he has some serious upside. If we can land him in round 2, I'll be very happy.

18 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Agree with all of this. Moehrig in the 2nd or Grant in the 3/4th and I’d love it. Also lik  Sterns and Blankenship as mid round targets at S

I actually think we need to also upgrade the 3rd safety on this team....

I want to see 3 S looks and also have Abrams play some LB situationally.  In order to do that we need a good 3rd S.   Maybe we keep Heath, maybe he’s a cap cut cut of his 3.15M salary.  But even if he stays a mid round pick on a Safety to develop is a good idea IMO if there’s value there on draft day.  

that said I do like sterns, Blankenship, D.Stiner and Shawn Davis of Florida, Divine Diablo, Damar Hamlin, James Wiggins, Tariq Thompson, etc

29 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

He's flashed a lot. Not super super consistent, but he has some serious upside. If we can land him in round 2, I'll be very happy.

He’s a little light at 288 but has played NT.... I’d need him to bulk up to want him... I’m tired of light weight 3T

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

He’s a little light at 288 but has played NT.... I’d need him to bulk up to want him... I’m tired of light weight 3T

Guys that opted out will be interesting. They've been training for the draft all season. I want to see where he's at currently 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2021 at 7:48 AM, Rich7sena said:

I also remember catching heat for wanting Gary over Ferrell (since posters were adamant that Allen wasn't big and strong enough for Guenther's system).

I always say Allen being like Barr in Minny. Sam with hand in dirt from time to time.

3 hours ago, OnlyGlove said:

Hard to say who we need before FA.

Wouldn't be surprised if we go for a tackle in the 1st after releasing Trent Brown for Cap.

Marvin Wilson for me could be a steal in the second round.

RT isn’t worth a first round pick. A few positions are ideal drafting on day 2: RB, RT, SLB, SS 

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

RT isn’t worth a first round pick. A few positions are ideal drafting on day 2: RB, RT, SLB, SS 

It might not be to most teams but to Gruden and Carr it might be. Just look at the money they spent on Trent Brown. But maybe you're right it looks a good tackle class. Get one in day two. 

I can't think of many guys that can be good value day 1 starters in the first. 

Azeez Ojulari and Barmore have the upside but I think will struggle year 1

Can't see us drafting an RB. So easy to get cheap vets to do the job. 

Edited by OnlyGlove

If we go by Trends we probably will draft a RT in the first lol... Gruden and MM have a knack for going after positions other teams don’t like FB, or drafting RB and SS in the 1st. They don’t care about position value, they go for their guy like a wolf going after prey in the night 😂 

5 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

If we go by Trends we probably will draft a RT in the first lol... Gruden and MM have a knack for going after positions other teams don’t like FB, or drafting RB and SS in the 1st. They don’t care about position value, they go for their guy like a wolf going after prey in the night 😂 

Naw man. If we're following trends, we're shooting for Shaun Wade in round 1 and saying he was the best player on our board. Then we'll go reach on some random FS in round 2 because it's just unnecessary. Then in round 3 we'll draft James Skalski before using round 4 to pass over guys who fell in favor of some random Clemson O-lineman. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Guys that opted out will be interesting. They've been training for the draft all season. I want to see where he's at currently 

True... that’s an aspect I never considered.  The opt outs had all year to bulk Up and train.  Thus, it’s possible an undersized guy like Levi O might come into the draft process heavier.  But conversely if he doesn’t it’s a massive knock because if he can’t hold a higher wait without the cardio / strain of a season it’s unlikely he ever will be able to.

8 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Naw man. If we're following trends, we're shooting for Shaun Wade in round 1 and saying he was the best player on our board. Then we'll go reach on some random FS in round 2 because it's just unnecessary. Then in round 3 we'll draft James Skalski before using round 4 to pass over guys who fell in favor of some random Clemson O-lineman. 

If we even sign Skalski as a UFDA with no SB I’ll be livid.  After the busted Muse pick I pray we’ll stay away from Clemson unless it’s a player who has merits above being a Tiger.

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Dayo Odeyingbo, DL Vanderbilt who I posted about a while ago as a guy to look at in the upper mid rounds just tore his Achilles a couple days ago. What would that do to his draft stock? 7th now?

I hadn’t read that til now, been busy with work.  That’s gonna cause him to drop heavily... he was probably a possible mid to late 2nd with a good showing in draft process.  Now I can’t see him going before the 6th.