2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

We be lucky to get pro sports, I don’t see college happening this year. 

We'll see the sports who have TV contracts. If sports dont get played then networks can get out contracts..and advertisers can get out of their contracts with the networks...and so on. That's why were seeing teams play in conference games only 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

DT Marvin Wilson will be someone I’ll be keeping my eye on this year. Talented DT from FSU. DT will be addressed next year if don’t get any big improvements from Hurst and Hall and if they can’t get Collins back. Marvin will be a top 10 pick so hopefully we won’t be picking that high. 

Christian Barmore from Bama is another DT worth watching figures to go in the first round. First year starting. 

Safety Hamsah Nasirildeen is another guy. Just a massive player 6”4 215. So many possibilities with a player that size

cant wait for college football to start if it does. 

Corey Durden, the other DT at FSU, is only a Jr but someone to really keep and eye on.  He came in very strong at beginning of the year.  Wilson and Durden will be a very formidable duo inside the FSU Dline and both guys could have very big years.

2 hours ago, G said:

I both hate and love this comment. Hate because I’m ready to move on and don’t care about the cost because I’m DONE.

I love it because I believe it’s right. There are so many things that are actually important. If we turned off social media for 2020 then I think it would be amazing. However I think having access to that stuff with trying to stay home creates a bigger and more dangerous mental health issue.

A very thought provoking post that got a reaction I wouldn’t expect from myself but good to see I still have a sliver of humanity left. Lol

I always tell my kids we do what we have to before we do what we want to and to be successful you have to do things that suck.  I came to this realization a couple years ago but have really started paying off.  As far as Covid is concerned we will all have to sacrifice something and we need everyone to get on the same page.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Corey Durden, the other DT at FSU, is only a Jr but someone to really keep and eye on.  He came in very strong at beginning of the year.  Wilson and Durden will be a very formidable duo inside the FSU Dline and both guys could have very big years.

Don’t you think we are going sign a stud DT and S in free agency ?

19 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don’t you think we are going sign a stud DT and S in free agency ?

I have been on record as saying I expect us to sign a high priced FA DT and/or FS next year.

But who knows exactly what we do... too many variables... who will be available at each position (C.Jones resigned, will Kenny Clark, etc... who gets released before FA begins, etc)?  Who will likely be available where we draft?

i think we’ll definitely spend a 1st or 2nd OR sign a relatively high priced DT and FS.

I’d tend to think it’d be best to do something like draft Jevon Holland / Andre Cisco in the first and sign Kenny Clark.

But then again with the large amount of really solid options at FS (and SS) that might drive down the cost of a 1b tier FS free agent and make it a more advantageous move.

maybe we can get Kenny Clark (DT) for 17-18M and A FS like Marcus Williams, Budda Baker, Malik Hooker Has the market kind of fall out a bit on him because of the number of S’s available and we get him for 8-10M.

Id tend to think the better value will be FS in FA given the amount of top end guys available (simple supply and demand... and being willing to get who remains after the first day or two for a good deal).... but then again picking in the 20s is a great spot to land the top FS in the draft.

no matter how we split it ... the early outlook is we’ll have the resources to fill holes at both DT and FS with some high quality players

• Like 2

On 07/07/2020 at 5:29 PM, NYRaider said:

Randall and Collins have both flashed a ton of potential and are entering their primes. With good play from either or both I could see us giving them pretty solid extensions. LB could still be a huge need depending on how Kwit plays in a full-time role this season for us. CB could be another pressing need early too because none of Mullen, Johnson, Arnette, or Robertson have shown they can be good NFL starting caliber players. The same thing goes for Jonathan Abram at safety. 

Mullen I think played very well last season and showed a lot of promise, the other CBs listed are obviously still huge question marks but I'm not sold on Randall either, you're right he has flashed potential but will he always be that guy who flatters to deceive or will he develop the consistency needed to be a good safety? I need to see a bit more of him playing mistake free first.

We've got so many young players with potential the odds are that at least a few will be genuine quality players but we can also expect a couple to flame out.  If I had to guess I'd say Mullen, Collins, Robertson and Abram are the best bets.

Edited by Darbsk

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

JT Daniels going to Georgia. I would favor him being the QB for Georgia over Newman 

Probably.... I’d bet on Daniels over Newman.  I never saw a 1st round QB in Newman.  He’s a 2nd round developmental player at best, IMO.  Imagine if he doesn’t start and sits the bench all year, what a bad choice to transfer.

23 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Probably.... I’d bet on Daniels over Newman.  I never saw a 1st round QB in Newman.  He’s a 2nd round developmental player at best, IMO.  Imagine if he doesn’t start and sits the bench all year, what a bad choice to transfer.

Newman is legit and will definitely start, imo. He balled out last season with one of the least talented supporting casts in college football. Daniels was okay as a freshman at USC but I wasn't impressed. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Newman is legit and will definitely start, imo. He balled out last season with one of the least talented supporting casts in college football. Daniels was okay as a freshman at USC but I wasn't impressed. 

That’s one opinion and very well could be true.... Id guess both will play somewhat otherwise Daniels could transfer out of there.  I just don’t love Newman’s passing... never saw the it factor... good but not great.

Edited by jimkelly02

• 3 weeks later...

It seems like most people in the know think the college season will go ahead with precautions but if it doesn't will there still be a full draft? Almost all kids will have incomplete resumes and there will be even more guess work than usual if it does go ahead full, could be a real lotto! 

I suppose Juniors could go back to college and boost their stock but Seniors surely couldn't play another year could they?

21 hours ago, Darbsk said:

It seems like most people in the know think the college season will go ahead with precautions but if it doesn't will there still be a full draft? Almost all kids will have incomplete resumes and there will be even more guess work than usual if it does go ahead full, could be a real lotto! 

I suppose Juniors could go back to college and boost their stock but Seniors surely couldn't play another year could they?

I assume they would do something like this if a player or teams have to miss a bunch of games.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/story/2020-03-30/ncaa-approves-extra-year-of-eligibility-for-spring-athletes-with-a-catch