Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

21 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

To be convinced.......

I'd expect Agholor to look good in shorts, he's very athletic, explosive and looks the part but his problem has always been putting it together in game time I believe when the pressure comes on.........concentration, drops, bad or wrong routes etc.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but he's more likely to be this year's JJ Nelson unfortunately I feel rather than some big resurrection story.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 8:54 PM, jimkelly02 said:

They’re expanding the practice squad even more than the 10 to 12 player jump that was passed this year?

Also, I think Key makes the team near 100%, whose gonna beat him out: Aruna or Valoaga?

As I and a few others have mentioned a few times, were still lacking competition at several Positions.  IMO it’s so bad that I think around half of our Practice Squad will be comprised of players who are released at the deadline.  Who is even a decent PS player besides Stanback RB, Butler Or Bowers TE (we highly overpaid him as a UDFA so he has an edge to make PS), Gafford or Pierson-El WR, Cotton G, Valoaga or Aruna DE, J. White LB, Mabin or Harper or Jordan Brown CB, Leavitt S... plus possibly Peterman and Devey/Kush as the 2 unlimited experience PS members.  

My point being I can’t see any real surprises at the cut deadline... outside of maybe Devey/Kush/Parker fighting for a spot.  The only “surprise” player I’ve seen anyone on the board project to (possibly) make the 53 man roster is Javin White LB (UNLV UDFA Safety to LB convert).  I don’t think White makes the active roster but rather goes on the Practice Squad.  I don’t expect Ukeme Eligwe to make the team but based on nothing but a hunch I’d bet he’s the “surprise” player to make the team this year.

We really need to upgrade the bottom end of the roster at RB, OT, DE, DT, MLB, WILL, SAM, and S.  

im just glad were talking about the need to upgrade the bottom of the roster and not needing to find starters as much anymore

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

To be convinced.......

I'd expect Agholor to look good in shorts, he's very athletic, explosive and looks the part but his problem has always been putting it together in game time I believe when the pressure comes on.........concentration, drops, bad or wrong routes etc.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong but he's more likely to be this year's JJ Nelson unfortunately I feel rather than some big resurrection story.

this is where im at with Agholor, he was a high draft pick for a reason. but until he does it in games that count, color me unimpressed.

2 minutes ago, Geezy said:

this is where im at with Agholor, he was a high draft pick for a reason. but until he does it in games that count, color me unimpressed.

I think Agholor will be a contributor to the team, albeit a small one.  I’d like to see him Supplement Renfrow in the slot and used mainly as a check down option, Mainly with those long, short crossing routes where he can find a soft spot in a zone or near a LB and use his speed to turn up field and get Yards After Catch.  

The real question is who ends up being the WR4: Zay Jones or Nelson Agholor? and how much do they contribute?

25 minutes ago, Geezy said:

im just glad were talking about the need to upgrade the bottom of the roster and not needing to find starters as much anymore

Yeah that is a really nice place to be and somewhere we haven’t been in many years.

The only thing we need to do before camp is bring in a 9th DLmen (ideally can play DE and DT) and a LB.  

It’s not absolutely essential but it’d be really nice to replace Vickers/Panasiuk with a DT who could step up and make the team if we had an injury; a Safety who could do the same thing, unless The unlikely event of Joyner moving a FS, and in that case add a CB preferably with slot experience; a Powerful RB2 type rusher instead of Smith/Stanback; a potential LT2 to compete with Parker instead of Seymour.

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Now I am not an expert on how to train football players but I would think the eye training for a WR would be better if you throw balls at him moving forward and reinforcing those neuro connections.  That drill looks great for DBs and teaching them to use their hands in a backpedal.  Maybe walk sideways with him and throw the balls or throw them over his shoulders as he looks back.  Kid looks good though and I wish him luck.

Watching videos of Big Trent training makes me scratch my eyes.  He is a professional athlete but at his size he should not move that well.  Also I just have the feeling we are going to see Amik in the slot a lot sooner than anybody thinks.  Did not know much about him before the draft but I think we got a Crosby type steal in the 4th again.  My only issue is he is going to wear 41.  He would have looked sick in his college #21.  Anybody know what number Lee will wear since Muse got #55?  I got to get a new Jersey.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

Watching videos of Big Trent training makes me scratch my eyes.  He is a professional athlete but at his size he should not move that well.  Also I just have the feeling we are going to see Amik in the slot a lot sooner than anybody thinks.  Did not know much about him before the draft but I think we got a Crosby type steal in the 4th again.  My only issue is he is going to wear 41.  He would have looked sick in his college #21.  Anybody know what number Lee will wear since Muse got #55?  I got to get a new Jersey.

I don’t like #41 for Amik either, but it’s common for mid round picks to change their numbers to more conventional ones after the roster cuts occur and number free up.

Marquel Lee wore 55 his first two years but switched to 52 last year and still wears that number.

47 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I don’t like #41 for Amik either, but it’s common for mid round picks to change their numbers to more conventional ones after the roster cuts occur and number free up.

Marquel Lee wore 55 his first two years but switched to 52 last year and still wears that number.

You are correct.  I forgot he gave it to Burfict last year.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Now I am not an expert on how to train football players but I would think the eye training for a WR would be better if you throw balls at him moving forward and reinforcing those neuro connections.  That drill looks great for DBs and teaching them to use their hands in a backpedal.  Maybe walk sideways with him and throw the balls or throw them over his shoulders as he looks back.  Kid looks good though and I wish him luck.

I often feel that SOME of these new age training exercises are BS.  These trainers are selling themselves and they workouts as a brand.  And in order to be “cutting edge” and make catchy videos for social media marketing there’s an incentive to be extr fancy and unique.  I feel they get “too cute” with the exercises sometimes.  

• Like 2