Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

I was thinking if you’re a player who has zero to no chance to make the team. Why wouldn’t you opt out of the 2020 season and at least get paid the 150,000. I’m not sure if there are rule behind it that prevents end of the roster guys from doing this, but seems like a great idea to me if allowed. 

42 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I was thinking if you’re a player who has zero to no chance to make the team. Why wouldn’t you opt out of the 2020 season and at least get paid the 150,000. I’m not sure if there are rule behind it that prevents end of the roster guys from doing this, but seems like a great idea to me if allowed. 

Do they fall under the critical/health-related opt out? Them having an underlying condition (or someone very close to them) could be the reason why... But if not, you hit it right on the head.

If you opt out for medical reasons then you get 350,000. If you just opt out for non medical reasons you get 150,000. Can’t find any information on why a bottom tier guy wouldn’t be able to get the money. So these guys would be dumb to not opt out. Collect the 150,000 and get back at it next year 

6 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I was thinking the same thing!!! 

Thats prolly why DJ Killings opted out.  The kid milked us for his salary on IR last year.... we couldn’t cut him cuz he was hurt then pots out.  The kid cleared 528k (378k ‘19 salary and 150k opt out) instead of just getting his normal per diem and TC weekly salary.  

im surprised more low level players didn’t opt out prior to the cut down to 80.... if you know your about to get cut before camp or out and take the 150k, lol.

im gonna guess that the opt out money has a condition in it that you’ve played a full season or we’re drafted.... something like that.... otherwise we’d have seen most of the low level udfas opt out.

10 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

I would think there is some language in the contract that prevents that. Just saying i'm opting out and now i can collect 150k as a fringe roster players seems like something that the legal team had tackled long time ago. Either as in it simply cancels the payment or maybe that the contract gets 'paused' (so if you are in year 2 of your 4 year contract and you opt out and return in 2023 your contract resumes again in year 2). I think the last part happens when someone unretires, but not sure.

Dion Jordan just signed with SF.

were in very bad shape in the front 7.  Idk how we plan to sign a starting DT, starting SAM, 9th DLmen, and backup LB before the season but we desperately need to.

as of right now we’d have These players making the team and having to play Major snaps:

Daniel Ross is our 4th DT.

Kendall Vickers or Mike Panasuik (DTs) would be our 9th DLmen.  We have no DEs beyond Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib, Key.

Javlin White and Nick Usher/Justin Phillips would be our backup LBs. Nick Morrow is Kyle Wilber would be starting at SAM.

That’s straight up embarrassing.  None of those guys (besides Morrow) should make any NFL team.
Theres not much left in FA.  I don’t buy the idea good DLmen and LB will be cut and we can sign them.  This year teams aren’t going to be able to see enough of younger or unknown guys to cut quality starters because of cap costs.

we’re really in trouble here.... we have the front 7 of a team picking in the top 3 on the draft.

28 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

were in very bad shape in the front 7.  Idk how we plan to sign a starting DT, starting SAM, 9th DLmen, and backup LB before the season but we desperately need to.

as of right now we’d have These players making the team and having to play Major snaps:

Kendall Vickers or Mike Panasuik (DTs) would be our 9th DLmen.  We have no DEs beyond Ferrell, Crosby, Nassib, Key.

Javlin White and Nick Usher/Justin Phillips would be our backup LBs. Nick Morrow is Kyle Wilber would be starting at SAM.

That’s straight up embarrassing.  None of those guys (besides Morrow) should make any NFL team.
Theres not much left in FA.  I don’t buy the idea good DLmen and LB will be cut and we can sign them.  This year teams aren’t going to be able to see enough of younger or unknown guys to cut quality starters because of cap costs.

we’re really in trouble here.... we have the front 7 of a team picking in the top 3 on the draft.

The bolded is one of tbe most assine thing i have read in a long long time my man. 

Are we improved from last year? Did we pick in the top 3? 

Case closed goodnight.

Collins is better that played DT for us last year. He is the clear cut starting 3T. He played more snaps than anyone else on the Dallas defense last year.

Hankins is a servicable starting 1T that is excellent against the run and can occasionally push the pocket.

Hurst is a really good rotational 3rd DT who will benefit like crazy from having Rod Marinelli. 

Crosby and Ferrell are our starters and will improve from being in year 2 of the NFL and having Rod Marinelli as their positional coach. 

Nassib is an improvement as a 3rd DE over both Mayowa and Jordan. 

If Key can stay healthy he has potential to be a good situational pass rusher.

Littleton and Kwiatkowski are better than anyone that has played in our LB corps in years. SAM LB will play 40% of Snaps. Between Muse and Morrow we will just fine. 

Personnel wise we have improved on the DL and LB and coaching we have improved at DL bringing in Marinelli. 

Come on chicken little the sky isn't falling because we didn't sign Jordan. He probably doesn't make the niners final roster.

43 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall and know the logic behind keeping so many interior OL and having such good strength in depth there but being so cavalier with the depth on the DL. I mean, OL do not sub in and out with frequency to keep everyone fresh like DL do so in theory a 4th DT could get significant game time whereas a 4th OG, injuries permitting would get very little game time........ I really dont understand the logic here unless they think interior OL are much more susceptible to Covid or something, then again you'd think DT being big guys would be equally susceptible?

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I was thinking the same thing!!! 

Thats prolly why DJ Killings opted out.  The kid milked us for his salary on IR last year.... we couldn’t cut him cuz he was hurt then pots out.  The kid cleared 528k (378k ‘19 salary and 150k opt out) instead of just getting his normal per diem and TC weekly salary.  

im surprised more low level players didn’t opt out prior to the cut down to 80.... if you know your about to get cut before camp or out and take the 150k, lol.

im gonna guess that the opt out money has a condition in it that you’ve played a full season or we’re drafted.... something like that.... otherwise we’d have seen most of the low level udfas opt out.

I was going say Killings is business savvy to stay getting paid lol

1 hour ago, OG_C2X said:

The bolded is one of tbe most assine thing i have read in a long long time my man. 

Are we improved from last year? Did we pick in the top 3? 

Case closed goodnight.

Collins is better that played DT for us last year. He is the clear cut starting 3T. He played more snaps than anyone else on the Dallas defense last year.

Hankins is a servicable starting 1T that is excellent against the run and can occasionally push the pocket.

Hurst is a really good rotational 3rd DT who will benefit like crazy from having Rod Marinelli. 

Crosby and Ferrell are our starters and will improve from being in year 2 of the NFL and having Rod Marinelli as their positional coach. 

Nassib is an improvement as a 3rd DE over both Mayowa and Jordan. 

If Key can stay healthy he has potential to be a good situational pass rusher.

Littleton and Kwiatkowski are better than anyone that has played in our LB corps in years. SAM LB will play 40% of Snaps. Between Muse and Morrow we will just fine. 

Personnel wise we have improved on the DL and LB and coaching we have improved at DL bringing in Marinelli. 

Come on chicken little the sky isn't falling because we didn't sign Jordan. He probably doesn't make the niners final roster.

I do not think he was saying it will lead to us drafting in the top 3 but our front seven has some talent at top but nothing else.  Maybe Key finally puts it together but he has not been productive, Ferrell is still potential, and many think Crosby is due for a regression.  Hurst, Collins, and Hankins are a good start but we can not run a 3 man rotation and expect them to stay healthy all year.  Same situation for the LBs.  On paper we have 2 good starters but nothing else except a depth LB (Morrow) and a special teams player (Wilber).  Does not matter what we have on the back-end or on offense.  The DBs will look worse with bad front seven play (We have all been saying this for years), then we can not get off the field, and the O has to play from behind with a run first and control the clock philosophy.  Not saying we are going to be bad but there are some easy to see holes that could lead to this season going bad really easily and fast.  Marinelli is a great add but I think Guenther is going to check out.  The defense will suck the first part of the season until Marinelli takes over but by then it will be to late.  If we are banged up we will play above our talent but not to an NFL level.  Once again we have a hole that we all can see but the FO and coaches seem blind to it.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/iT3h8-xRARk/

apparently, Damon Arnette felt the wrath of the Alphabet Army.... for simply asking why Nickelodeon made Sponge Bon Square Pants a homosexual.

I mean he’s absolutely right!  
he’s a sponge.... on a young children’s show.... why are we discussing sexuality with children?  That’s perverse!

10 hours ago, Darbsk said:

I'd like to be a fly on the wall and know the logic behind keeping so many interior OL and having such good strength in depth there but being so cavalier with the depth on the DL. I mean, OL do not sub in and out with frequency to keep everyone fresh like DL do so in theory a 4th DT could get significant game time whereas a 4th OG, injuries permitting would get very little game time........ I really dont understand the logic here unless they think interior OL are much more susceptible to Covid or something, then again you'd think DT being big guys would be equally susceptible?

Spot on.... the whole thing is nuts, as you mentioned. We know Incognito+Jackson are starting with Simpson+Good backing them up.  Maybe Devey makes the team over James or Good moves to RT + Parker gets cut and Sharpes the backup LT.  That’s the only thing in actual debate from what I’ve seen discussed.   So we should immediately cut Seymour or Cotton and Roos.  That still leaves us with 4 players who will make the team plus Devey+Kush, to give competition during camp, and Cotton/Seymour to do the same and end up on PS.

Those 2 opened up spot should immediately go towards 2 DLmen.  While we’re at it cut Vickers and Panasuik because their not even good enough to be PS players.  Then sign 2 DTs and 2 DEs.  One veteran who can make the team and actually gets a good amount of snaps and a younger guy to end up on the PS.  Example, Damon Harrison/Mike Daniels (Id avoid Jernigan because he’s always hurt and we can’t take that chance right now) plus Everson Griffin plus 2 younger guys.

I ranted about how poor our UDFA class was and many here pompously said “who cares, who made your the expert on UDFAs, etc”.  Well it was obvious then and it’s obvious now we have hardly any younger guys to fill out the PS.  

and we need to do the same thing with LBs and cut 1-2 of these scrubs like Phillips, Usher, even Wilber (Muse should push him off the team as he takes his ST role) and sign Alec Ogletree/Mark Barron and Will Compton/any other quality Veteran LB.