Everything Offseason Programs (OTA's and more)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

On the State of the Nation podcast they said it's pretty obvious that Edwards will start opposite of Ruggs based on what they seen with practice. 

Not really a ton of competition for the spot with Williams injury. Hopefully he can live up to the hype. 

On 9/2/2020 at 10:07 AM, agarcia34 said:

Really excited to see Edwards. When he was drafted I thought 2021 was when we would see him make an impact. Gruden needs to be patient with both Ruggs and Edwards. They will make mistakes and they will not run the routes as they should, but both are rookies that you have to let them go through the growing pains when they comes. 

But this is a chance for Gruden to totally redo his reputation. Has always been a coach who loves his veteran players to go with two rookies at WR will be a big change for him.

I'm cautiously optimistic about our WR group heading into the season. We've heard from a number of players how difficult Gruden's system is to fully understand and pick up, hell it took Carr three years to get a full grasp of it. 

We have two rookies that didn't get any OTA's, a weird training camp, and no preseason games that are projected as starters. Behind them we have Renfrow who is our most experienced receiver in the system, Jones who was a late addition and has one camp in the system, and Nelly who was a FA addition and has one camp in the system. 

5 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm cautiously optimistic about our WR group heading into the season. We've heard from a number of players how difficult Gruden's system is to fully understand and pick up, hell it took Carr three years to get a full grasp of it. 

We have two rookies that didn't get any OTA's, a weird training camp, and no preseason games that are projected as starters. Behind them we have Renfrow who is our most experienced receiver in the system, Jones who was a late addition and has one camp in the system, and Nelly who was a FA addition and has one camp in the system. 

Hate to break it to you but Carr is not that intelligent.  He is slow to process information and that is part of his panicking issue.

5 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

Well that’s good news on Parker. 

could also be a case of bad eval... the same way we've wound up with Joyner staying in the slot, Joseph never getting a fair shake, etc. i need to see things in action before i start feeling good. i dont think gruden/mayock have earned that kind of confidence yet

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Turnobili said:

could also be a case of bad eval... the same way we've wound up with Joyner staying in the slot, Joseph never getting a fair shake, etc. i need to see things in action before i start feeling good. i dont think gruden/mayock have earned that kind of confidence yet

Joseph started a ton of football games over the last two seasons here and was horrible.