Washington's Front Four

Elky

2 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

We actually have 5.

Ryan Kerrigan was our 1st Rd pick.

And will be a DE in our 43.

If he still effective? Kerrigan as a rotational piece sounds pretty scary.

21 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Jonathan Allen is beyond disappointing.

I really had high hopes for him.  

I don't really understand how he's been disappointing? He wasn't asked to be a pass rusher in our old defense under Manusky and still ended up with 8 sacks in 18' and 6 sacks in 19'. He's a space eater and he does his job pretty well. The team has been horrible. I mean, Matt Ioannidis is probably one of the leagues best DL and nobody has any clue who he is. Just the nature of the beast when you go from Joe Barry to Greg Manusky.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I've always thought of Kerrigan as one of the most underrated players in the league 

Kerrigan has 90 sacks and 4 pro bowls in 9 years. He's having a HoF level career.

Too bad he plays for the worst owner in sports so no one really pays all that much attention to that team (including DC fans after Halloween)

Edited by SkippyX
  • Like 3

On 4/28/2020 at 6:59 PM, RamblinMan99 said:

Jonathan Allen is beyond disappointing.

I really had high hopes for him.  

I would say he's underperformed for his hype, but I sure wouldn't call him disappointing. He is the or one of the leaders of our defense, and had seven sacks last year. Guys definitely look up to him. He was never going to really be a monster in a 3-4 end position either imo. I think the 4-3 shift will be good for him. 

12 hours ago, SkippyX said:

Kerrigan has 90 sacks and 4 pro bowls in 9 years. He's having a HoF level career.

Too bad he plays for the worst owner in sports so no one really pays all that much attention to that team (including DC fans after Halloween)

I won't argue in the NFL, and this probably a different conversation for a different thread, but James Dolan strikes me as the worst. 

On 4/28/2020 at 8:14 PM, Elky said:

If he still effective? Kerrigan as a rotational piece sounds pretty scary.

Last year was the first year he has ever been injured so his numbers reflect that. I believe he will be one of the biggest trade chips at the deadline. He'd be great for any contender needing a rusher for their run.

On 4/29/2020 at 9:05 PM, SkippyX said:

If he played for the titans he could have had 140 sacks in that time and no one would know his name. He is just underrated and not dismissed.

22 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I would say he's underperformed for his hype, but I sure wouldn't call him disappointing. He is the or one of the leaders of our defense, and had seven sacks last year. Guys definitely look up to him. He was never going to really be a monster in a 3-4 end position either imo. I think the 4-3 shift will be good for him. 

As I've said in the last few months on the forum, Snyder needs commendation right now because it FEELS like he's learned from his mistakes as of right now. He's handled himself and the team extremely well since January. I know it's a small sample sizing.

As for @RamblinMan99with regards to Jonathan Allen yeah as a 3-4 DE it wasn't working, but the 4-3 switch will be good for him. He hasn't been a dominant player,  but he's been good and he's such a good locker room presence. Honestly he's one of my favorite players at the moment for the team. When Ron Rivera talks about leadership, he's the first guy I think of.